BREAKING

Intel will begin shipping 10nm Ice Lake processors in June

Attached: 719D6A70-5C71-44D2-B8F2-4617A8A695FC.png (2048x1536, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AyyMD/comments/8p91g5/anyone_who_wants_the_amd_ryzen_anime_mousepad/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

amd is dead. mock my words

I mean, you asked for it lol.
haha user said amd is dead using a processor that requires several mitigations to function securely dropping performance by up to 20%!

In all seriousness tho it'll be great once the new architecture starts getting built that doesn't need them

>itoddlers are now fabricating fake news for intel instead of for apple
>jumping from one sinking ship into another
man, itoddlers are really really dumb

based, wifi 6 when?

>underperforming 10nm craptops with worse battery drain than 7nm zen 2 mobility
>no desktop or workstation on the roadmap for years
can't make this shit up

AMD is fucking finished. Waited for way too long to release Zen 2.

>No link
Fake and goy

Nice. The competition is on.

It's mobile only, you mouthbreathers.

>fake news
It's not. 10nm is close, Ice Lake iGPU supports has been in the works in Mesa for some time and it was marked as "feature complete" and user-ready two weeks ago, see mesa commit 30fa15e36b031f466106e45d39a6c5295a0530e7

there's pieces in place in the kernel too.

does this tell us those 10nm chips will actually launch in June? Of course not. What specially the mesa logs does show is that engineers at Intel has had and has been running 10nm Ice Lake chips for quite some time.

those rather solid facts aside: Intel's been promising 10nm next month since 2014. it wouldn't be that shocking if they managed to deliver after 5 years of screwing up

Does this retarded board actually think this means they're going to ship desktop CPUs, or indeed anything remotely powerful, on 10nm this year? These will be low power laptop chips, just like the only 10nm product they've shat out to date. You cretins will be waiting a long time for a 10nm gay men CPU.

This. Can't wait to see if they're actually any better at perf/w over 14nm either.

Is it just difficult to scale up due to poor yields or are these processors just hitting heat walls due to the packaging?

*Intel will begin shipping dual core 10nm Ice Lake processors capped at 3ghz in June

>let's make processors smaller but the same speed instead of making them bigger and faster

It's a few things.
First is that 14nm is actually pretty good and very mature combined with intel's power saving IP. If it's run at sane speeds (no laptop parts turboing 4ghz kinda shit) then they last a long time.
After that 10nm tried to introduce loads of new manufacturing technology all at one, pretty much all of them didn't work as expected and if it was only one new tech, you could troubleshoot and fix it in pretty good time, but with so many new thing going on they had a broken process with sub 10% yields on last year's dual core cannonlake.
So we start with poor yields and various design points not there, combined with a new process which means it's not as good as it can be. At the moment it's looking like 10nm will never beat 14nm++ frequencies whcih is why desktop is 14nm until 2022 where the roadmaps run out. (Although they will use 10nm igpu chiplets)
It's kind of like zen on 14ff. The process just doesn't work at the frequency intel wants. 14nm broadwell also launched as pretty much only sub 10W parts for a long time.

*Intel will be shipping 10nm processors in homeopathic qualities

Ah okay now I understand. They're pushing too many things at too little time. They can't let up the pressure now that they've promised so much.

But intel already shipped a 10nm product. Some crappy laptop with GPU turned off to improve yields

I can't wait for seeing the gaming benchmark.

I hate the way you phrased every single thing you said, that shit felt like I was reading a youtube comment. Eat a dick faggot.

*mark

Have any ice lake sp benchmarks leaked yet? Since intel is claiming people already have it

Attached: intel-2019-investor-meeting-ice-lake-server.png (3036x1590, 1.71M)

>mock my words
Absolutely did.

2c4t mobile parts for tablets and commercial displays. yikes.

Paper launch as a smokescreen for shareholders.

> Y I K E S

If their new igpus have 62 EUs or wharever it was, thatll be a 30% improvement over the iris 655, the current best igpu for intel.

Shitposting aside, itll be very respectable for productivity builds.

Based dyslexic, curry nigger, literal shitposting tetard.

Ice Lake?

More like

hehe
HeHe
HEHE
INCEL LAKE
hahahahahahahahaha
Look mom, i told a joke.

June of 2023?

Attached: 1554900857765.jpg (2560x1440, 962K)

This slide gives you a good idea about how Intel's process roadmap is going to look. The good news here is that 10nm is finally here, being produced now, and shipping soon. The bad news is that the process sucks for desktop (can't hit high clocks) so expect more 14nm crap up through 2021. 7nm, which uses EUV, is being produced independently and appears to have been better managed - scaling targets are more realistic and achievable as compared to 10nm. The first product on that will be a data center GPU in 2021. Expect desktop 7nm chips in 2022-2023.

Attached: intel process nodes.png (3037x1578, 1.43M)

amd
>Moveing to a process that clocks higher and is smaller then their prior one
Intel
>Fumbling with a processes for the last 4 years with no desktop launch for another 2 years, moving to said process will net them 0 Gain, and will be a performance regression, and unless they have a new uarch, will have an overall regression due to forced mitigations and non optional bios upgrades

Literally everything is in amds favor, while intel has sub 20 billion on hand and 60 billion in debt, they can't even do their favorite tactic of sueing till the tech is bad or absorbing a fine for paying off companies.
meanwhile if all amds debt is called today, they come out in the black, with several promising cpus in the pipe that are going to be used to make the most powerful computers in the world.

all round, amd isn't going to die due to intel being shit at making cpus (always have been) on top of intel only really hobbling along due to a process advantage that 10nm completely destroyed.

Here's an Ice Lake die shot. Ice Lake is a complete redesign over Skylake - most notably with larger pipelines and big increases in L2 (+50%)and L3 (+100%) cache memory. Also features a gigantic leap in integrated graphics performance. Note that this is only a laptop chip - further revisions to the manufacturing process are required for 10nm to be able to match 14nm clock speeds.

Attached: ice lake.png (3039x1624, 3.8M)

Reminder that icelake was supposed to release after skylake in 2018 and the lineup was reduced to mobile from full mainstream offering.

Reminder AMD doesn't even consider Intel competition anymore.

Attached: 1557404388561.png (714x748, 313K)

how can the competition even compete?
COMPETITION BTFO

uh oh

Attached: 49636850-15519792561839879_origin[1].png (1500x650, 109K)

>laptops only
>and even then it's mostly paperware
Who cares

>aMd Is deAd. mOcK mY wOrdS

You asked for it you illiterate retard.

where can I get one of this?

Appears to be a promotional limited production run. You'll need to have someone print one for you.

>ripped images
reddit.com/r/AyyMD/comments/8p91g5/anyone_who_wants_the_amd_ryzen_anime_mousepad/

Imagine believing Intel is nearing 10% market share

Attached: 03D11660-702D-416F-9BE7-F4EEC98C2AF6.png (2436x1125, 1.46M)

phone processors tho arent they? who cares.

Do you have Tourette's?

ACCEPT THEIR COOKIES ALREADY, GRAMPS!

>inability to read charts correctly

when you are at the bottom you have lots of room for improvement. kek

Techtubers all say that they're not interested with Ice Lake, but rather a near future *Lake that Jim Keller had a hand in; something something new arch and new everything

All the big techtubers in their weekly Q&A all claim it can sink AMD, but they needed more solid proofs since Intel fumbled 10nm and they're only available for mobile and then Xeons

>all that surface for gpu and io
how long until Intel goes balls in with chiplets
not that one low power foveros thing, but fully fledged enterprise and desktop

intel's 7nm is 100% server at this point, you won't see a 7nm desktop or even HEDT until late 2020, by then, AMD will already be on 7nm EUV with 4-way SMT.

It's going to take a while until intel can catch up, but when they do, they'll take the lead again, as they currently employ Jim "Anal" Keller, king of the Architects.

Accept the cookies, retard

Does AMD have Intel HD Audio? What do they have?

MOAR COARS

it isnt "real" 10nm