Papirus is the most based icon theme

Papirus is the most based icon theme.
I'm prepared to fight people over this

Attached: flat-remix-icon-theme.png (3840x2160, 792K)

I agree

but no one cares, fren

Themes are dumb, if you install something without a custom icon it looks like shit.
So there is literally no point unless you use only those programs or you're a graphics designer.

What happens if you want to download a program that isn't part of the "pre-approved government regulated white-list of all programs people ever need if they aren't seditionists?"

>colorful flat shit

Attached: 25025993_1624405047644006_3918128587730845696_n.jpg (320x320, 17K)

You're assuming I'm using a DE that automatically assigns icons to programs based on the theme index.

Oh no no fren, I manually assign an icon to each and every program I use because my preferred DE is incapable of doing so for itself. Ergo, there is ALWAYS a custom icon for the program I want to use, because if the pack doesn't say so, I do.

Paper > Papirus

So you want all the big brand name logo stickers but you want to attach them to random shit? Why not just get a more abstract set of stickers rather than the images that were chosen by companies explicitly so that you associate them with their product?

>Why not just get a more abstract set of stickers
Because Papirus IS a more abstract set of stickers. Duh.

>Ergo, there is ALWAYS a custom icon
*not the correct icon
*off-theme icons
so it's shit

No, I'm pretty sure those are brand name logos.

Evolvere is better

>*not the correct icon
Wrong, I just use an icon generic enough to be correct.
>*off-theme icons
Wrong, the set's generic icons are in the same style as the more specific icons.
So it's based.

>I just use an icon generic enough
so the wrong icon, an icon that has nothing to do with the program
OK
It's NOT the correct icon.

Nope, you're wrong. It's got both.

>so the wrong icon, an icon that has nothing to do with the program
Wrong, it has to do with the program, just not the branding of the program.

>it has to do with the program
in your mind, FREAK

I see you're a very busy man that values his time.

>a generic icon of a sticky note has nothing to do with a text editor
>a generic icon of a speaker has nothing to do with an audio mixer

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

Actually I'm temporarily a neet due to an impactful life event. I go back in the fall.

Faenza is the one and only. Perhaps could use an overhaul with the new standards and few programs it doesn't cover.

It's true.
How am I supposed to know which program it's opening?
If I click the "sticky note icon" how am I supposed to know it opens up an editor and not an actual sticky note application?
And even if I know it opens a text editor, which one?
It's stupid.
What happens when you have multiple different programs that do the same thing in different ways?

stop caring about what others use and neck yourself for being a degenerate

>What happens when you have multiple different programs that do the same thing in different ways?
Then you use the same icon for them.
It may sound stupid, but it's equally stupid to have multiple programs for doing the same thing in different ways in the first place.

I'm not caring about what others use, I'm (You)fishing from people who do.

>but it's equally stupid to have multiple programs for doing the same thing in different ways in the first place.
It's not.
They have different functionality that you sometimes need depending on what you're doing, for nearly the same task.

that's no excuse, waste of thread.

name one (1) ((1)) case of this

:^)

Reverse engineering tools.

Too broad. May as well have just said "programs for using your computer."

>Too broad.
Good. So there must be many, many icons needed.
But you're going to stick them all with a generic "bug" icon.

No, you'd just use appropriate distinct generic icons corresponding to each smaller task under the umbrella of "reverse engineering tools."

isn't Papirus icon folder HUGE as fuck?

Which DE is that?

Rox

>chink flatshit

>flat-remix-icon-theme.png

I care, I might actually try some Linux distro again cuz of how nice these icons look faggot

>might actually try some Linux distro again cuz of how nice these icons look
top fucking kek

Newaita is more based.

Attached: file.png (1485x760, 197K)

Attached: 1555635068570.gif (652x562, 626K)

bitch

Looks like something from the mid 00s. It's just missing reflections. This does not look like it'd mesh well with Android as a whole. I don't use OPs icons but those are objectively better looking and fit Androids UI better

For me, it's Numix Circle.
I just like consistency.

Attached: numix_circle_linux_desktop_icon_theme_by_me4oslav-d6uxcka.png (1200x1600, 330K)

((((Minimalism))))

Who's talking about using them on Android?
I use them on Linux.

fuckin pajeet mobile tier piece of shit. Who thought it was a good idea to use a fake android icon theme on a desktop computer? then you have retards like you making threads about the year of the linux desktop.

Welcome to linux.

What do (((they))) have to do with this? If anything they would create something that is not aesthetically pleasing but disorienting and ugly.

yeah it's nice but sick of seeing every rice with these icons (including mine). Any good icons sets that are nice?

zafiro

This is supposed to be bad thing? Theyre YOUR icons dipshit.

Krita and Sublime Text's icons look dumb

firefox logo looks dumb

>radiation symbol not proportional
Right in the autism

At least post the actual Papirus. The one in your pic is Super Flat Remix and it's pajeet-tier crap

Attached: preview.png (640x440, 104K)

The file manager icon looks stupid.

Papirus is also pajeet-tier crap. Only the original theme(Paper) was nice and tasteful.

Paper is overrated. I was too bright, overstyled and had too few icons. Papirus is basically Paper-fixed.

>Papirus is basically Paper-fixed.
You're not fixing things by making them worse. Papirus devs have no sense of aesthetics, it's just EPIC ICON PACK ALL INCLUDED DOWNLOAD IT NOW pajeet-tier shit.
This is my favorite example, gnome tweak tool icon. Left is paper and right is papirus. This should tell you everything about them.

Attached: tweak.png (1024x512, 60K)

Why is the logo for Gnome a fucking foot btw?

>This should tell you everything about them
Nice example btw.
Generic settings icon that can be confused with system settings
VS
Instantly recognizable Gnome Tweaks icon
This example just points out what's wrong with Paper icon suite. It's too generic and tries too hard to look like Android icons.

GNOME’s logo is a huge footprint, but it is Gnot clearly established whether it is a huge memory footprint or a huge disk footprint. It has been theorized that the logo was originally slated to have two footprints, but the developers found having 2 feet to be an unnecessary feature, so they have been actively campaigning with the “One Man – One Foot” movement.

The actual reason is they selected a random symbol from an online gallery and later slightly changed it.

Oh, you also got a pajeet-tier taste. That's explains everything.

The only actually good icon theme is Adwaita. Paper, Papirus and such are homosexual ricer tier garbage.

The new one or the old one?

The new one

that's not papirus but papirus on my laptop and delta on my phone is maximum comfy

Attached: 1557740512.jpg (1080x2220, 912K)

Pajeet-tier taste, you say?
Check out this. The left is gimp icon from Papirus and right one is from Paper.
Again, Paper is just over-designed. It's just an unusable concept. While Papirus is built with usage in mind.

Attached: gimp.png (177x82, 3K)

That camera and gallery icon along with instagram kinda triggers my OCD

Hola sergio el computer no worko

Absolute max comfy

Attached: Screenshot_20190513-100044.jpg (1080x1920, 1.9M)

how about... La Capitaine

>REEE THIS CALCULATOR ICON IS THE WRONG ONE
are you literally autistic by chance

>two clocks

I don't give a fuck about icons but i will gladly fight you

Kill yourself redditnigger. Numix icons are the only decent flat icons.

No love for qogir?

Attached: file.png (1280x1100, 204K)

Its ok. I like Zafiro right now.