MPV Media Player is for HOMOS, use a real media player like VLC. The only one that you need it has everything

MPV Media Player is for HOMOS, use a real media player like VLC. The only one that you need it has everything

Attached: MPV.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/mpv-net.shtml
celluloid-player.github.io/
gofile.io/?c=AZ05ZT
diff.pics/VC9s3jWjfrKP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based and redpilled

Attached: 1542203873447.webm (488x434, 1.07M)

Absolutely based

This stuff is even more confusing than CPU and GPU fags. How can people be so invested into a software they barely notice?

>VLC
I shiggy diggy

Attached: 8d4.jpg (601x601, 121K)

Tribalism
You can mark people red or blue based on nothing but random chance and they would be at war with each other in a day

I tried it on Windows. it is fast, but the features are non-existant. I'll have to fiddle with some config files or something. I don't have the patience for it

essential incelcore
mpc hc is the only thing I miss from windows desu

But surely there needs to be at least a tiny bit more? With CPU/GPU you have PR shitfest that actually attempts to create different camps, while I never saw anyone giving any fucks about their mediaplayer when it works outside of 4chains.

Conflict is pretty entertaining though.

/thread

>But surely there needs to be at least a tiny bit more?
No to put it directly most people are very simple and can't move beyond tribalism. As he said you could literally assign 200 people random colours, watch them group up, and by tomorrow evening you'll see war based on nothing more than randomly assigned fucking colours.

Go red, fuck team blue shitters!

t. seething cremefag

I like VLC because it's easy to use. Open your file, select subtitles or audio file or whatever you want. You can shift audio and subtitle with ease. You can change the volume in various ways. Mpv you can't do any of that with easy. It's a black screen with a pause button, basically, and the right click does nothing. Takes a lot of customization to get the job fucking done.
this might happen at times when you skip to the middle of a big file or you open certain files, but just go 5 seconds back and it's solved

You are in luck, user. I present to you mpv.net, a front-end for mpv on Windows. It has context menu, better keyboard shortcuts, and Setting UI.

mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

Here is a mpv.net review. For windows users, who are familiar with VLC or trying looking into mpv, it is the best choice.

softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/mpv-net.shtml

Attached: CommandPalette.png (2077x1253, 1.17M)

For more info on mpv or tips, visit the thread link down below.

Sorry, but I use Linux.

im gay

celluloid-player.github.io/

I never have this problem

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-12-09h13m15s384.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

>You can shift audio and subtitle with ease.
mpv's OSD provides buttons to cycle through the audio/subtitle streams.
>You can change the volume in various ways.
You can use 9 and 0 or scroll above the volume icon to change the volume. Of course you can change it however you like thanks to input.conf.
>but just go 5 seconds back and it's solved
Or you use a media player that displays all videos correctly.

Attached: vlc_intensifies.webm (1280x720, 997K)

Dicks are cool.

>muhh fragmented picture for 3 seconds
Literally a nonissue and the only thing mpv-shills bring up EVERY FUCKING TIME they shill about how "bad" VLC seems to be according to them.

I have a TV-series collection of nearly 50 fucking TERABYTES, and i have NEVER encountered this problem while normally playing the files.
If you don't render a video, simultaneously work on Blender, rip a CD to flac and watch a video vwith VLC and skip forward and rewind like a fucking autist, this will never occur and it is done in a several seconds.
If it's still occuring while normally playing, then you mpv shills should consider getting your shit together and not loading shitty coded content instead of shilling for a player that does not even have a menu and does not understand the nature of a right click abled mouse.

THIS!!!!
It doesn't make sense to create a video player that has a total absence of a menu while most of the people want menues to change settings.

Why going for a special designed menu mpv when VLC already does the job and has a much better menu still?

>mpv's OSD provides buttons to cycle through the audio/subtitle streams.
Sure my dear autist, people really wanna rape the internetz to get information about the keyboard shortcuts to basic functions.
And the downloaded NON installer .exe does not provide such informations. Good luch making normiefag satisfied with the player.
All the options normiefag uses, are unavailable because of the total absence of a front end menu.
How retarded is this?
It's like selling a brand new car without gearbox and letting the average customer search for the fitting gearbox himself and how it's gear shifting is implemented in the cars software in order to make the car usable.
Aunt Sally and Grandpa Joe will thank you for that.

>You can use 9 and 0 or scroll above the volume icon to change the volume.
No fucking program on this planet uses 9 and 0 to change volume other than retarded mpv.
Even better, you can use VLC and use the most intuitive way changing the volume by using the mouse wheel.

>Of course you can change it however you like thanks to input.conf.
Aunt Sally and Grandpa Joe will REPEATEDLY thank you for that and rape the internetz for an explanation on what you mean with input.conf and how it's edited, while their neigbors just use VLC and adjust the volume with the mouse wheel to their likings.
And while Sally's and Joe's neigbors have watched the 2 hour blockbuster movie already, Sally and Joe are still raping the internetz to find a way to use the fucking volume function of this shill-player called mpv.

>Or you use a media player that displays all videos correctly.
Agree, just use VLC and you can skip all the config mess that is keeping you from enjoying the videos you wanna watch.

Attached: 1540013145932.jpg (1080x810, 113K)

memePV can't read ISO DVD-R files correctly wtih menus, chapters, etc.

just use mpc-qt.

funny fact:
mpv-shills open generals about their so called "superior player" but then endless of problems like blurry subtitles and other function not working anymore get reported in,
while VLC just works without any problems and hence constantly renewed VLC general threads aren't needed.
But still the mpv-shills worship their autist player.
Imagine the grade of retardation needed to be such an mpv-incel

Attached: 1514120202380.jpg (1200x1418, 152K)

VLC is by far the best player available to date.
mpv is for brainlet autists that rather like to config the shit out of a buggy mpv-player than actually watching videos.
pure autism.

So you say that all the mpv users are idiots?

>Using DVD
Yikes, grandpa!
Change the substitle font or increase the size, homo.

mpvfags, how would I go into putting FSRCXX and enabling vulkan on it? I'd need to build mpv and then what?

>Why going for a special designed menu mpv when VLC already does the job and has a much better menu still?

Cause mpv is arguably and technically better than VLC, you homo.

Case in point. It's not even humorous, I find it really discouraging humanity is still like this.

Attached: Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_Season_2_Ep04_Reasons_for_Fighting_[1080p,BluRay,x264]_-_THORA_0002_00:04:57_[ (1920x1080, 265K)

I like mpc but then again I don't mess with subtitles, streams etc I literally just watch videos with it

That's not foobar. mpv is superior to MPC-HC in almost every single way.

Read the manual.

You’re right ano-

Attached: 16B98DDE-18EC-4703-B6A1-9D548BC19A89.gif (320x240, 1.17M)

No mention of FSRCXX in there, user. I'm guessing it's another gsls shader then? If so, then I should be good soon.

>So you say that all the mpv users are idiots?
Basically yes.
They are in total absence of the fundamental understanding of usability through intuitive menues and options provided in a program.
They simply can't comprehend that normies want a plug and play program and that they are not interested in autistic minimalism at the becost of usability itself.

Look at all the desktop threads made here and how loonix autists post their "stripped_of_all_options" GUI's that are barely usable anymore without heavy inlearning of a shit ton of keyboard shortcuts.
This is the state Jow Forums is in, and how some few of them spam Jow Forums with their autistic minimalism that is of no use at all.
These same autists shill for mpv, while the rest of the world just uses working OS's and programs.
But when some random Apple-Users come across and ask something, these same minimalism autists sperg about how Apple locks the user by not providing enough options in the GUI and OS.
Which is a total lie and hypocrite bullshit.
They critzise Apple for less options, while shilling for less options when it comes to their beloved app launcher called Loonix and shitty programs like mpv. PURE HYPOCRISY if you ask a normal person with a working brain.

Most of these shills are basement dwellers that pee in their coke bottles, because they're too lazy to go to the toilet.
They lterally waste their entire lifetime on tweeking and friggeling with their Loonix OS and other shitty programs like mpv,
while based people with family and kids and a life outside of the Jow Forums-box use actually working OS's and programs like Windows and VLC.

These two goups collide here, leaving the basement dwellers with all their free time given to them a superiority in presence on Jow Forums, while the based Windows- and VLC-Users are at work or care for their families.
That's how the impression of "most people going for loonix and mpv" comes from. In reality, they are just a few shills comared to billions of Windows users.

>Using DVD
Not an argument.
VLC does it just fine. But non working mpv cant and your only way to cope with this is to critizise the format itself.
pure mpv cope shill autism.

>Change the substitle font or increase the size, homo.
VLC odes it just fine without cnaging font and size.
THAT'S, HOW SUPERIORITY LOOKS LIKE!!!!

not possible with mpv

>That's not foobar. mpv is superior to MPC-HC in almost every single way.
Sure idiot...
I see all the problems people have with their mpv in the shill threads opened on Jow Forums constantly.
Don't call this meme of a software superior to any kind of code row written by a 2 year old.

I do use vlc, it works.

I don't know how people unironically shill VLC over mpv. mpv has gapless playback, which is a feature that will NEVER be implemented in VLC. On top of being slow and buggy, VLC is the brainlet's choice.

Well, you actually made a lot of good points here, summing up what happens on G.

I have used vlc for almost the entire time i have owned a computer and also never had any issues using it.
These linux and mpv fags seem to feel religiously entitled to shill for their autistic trip.

>mpv has gapless playback, which is a feature that will NEVER be implemented in VLC.
For what fucking purpose on earth should someone need this gapless playback?
Gimme a use case scenario to sum up for the importance of gapless playback or gtfo.

>On top of being slow and buggy, VLC is the brainlet's choice.
VLC starts in well under a second.
I strongly recommend you to throw your Pentium1 computer away and buy a new one instead.

Playing tracks in an album one after the other without any gaps. You know, something every decent standalone music player supports.

>These linux and mpv fags seem to feel religiously entitled to shill for their autistic trip.
This happens when people have no other purpose in life other than their computer.
They desperately try to find changes they can make in order to bring some change into their "life".
This leaves them with endless tweaking and coding, trying out nonsense GUI concepts they shill for when they accomplished scriptkidding them together.
But in the end, it's all about burning another two years of their lifetime and being lucky about it, because they didn't feel how the years passed by while scripting.

We'll see what comes next of these shills, when the minimalism trend gets replaced by another trend in order to burn the next two years of their lifetime.
It's all pure cope.

>Playing tracks in an album one after the other without any gaps.
When i put a several video files in alist in VLC, he plays them just fine.

So fucking spot on!!!!!

God bless this hottie

Those faggots have problems because they try to rice mpv too much.

>Cause mpv is arguably and technically better than VLC,
A video player that lacks a menue and is buggy like hell, can't show subtitles properly without further rape of the config, CAN'T BE TECHNICALLY BETTER.
But tell this to an autist mpv-shill whose one and only purpose in life is to cope with his personal issues.

This.
They literally try to promote a shitty product with a shit ton of presence while not realizing the product itself is inferior to all alternatives out there.
pure copeism

>go into /mpv/ thread
>spend less than 10 mins reading user's conf, input, and setting it myself
>???
>use mpv
Was that so fucking hard? Don't give me that shit that you didn't take some time configuring a player in the past. Didn't you configure MPC-HC with lavfilters + madVR at some point? The asking time is very similar.

It's not a problem that you have to configure a player before it works according to your likings, it is the autist way of setting it up mpv forces you to go while doing so. And it is also according to the countless "help_me_my_mpv_doesn't_play_this_and_that" comments proven that mpv doesn't run very well out of the box.
VLC runs well out of the box and has on top of that a structured front end GUI and deeper options available if needed so.
No config hacking, and no scripts needed to make.

THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE CRITICIZE.
And the constant shitting down on players like VLC and others in order to lift ones own favorite, doesn't make it any better.

Or I can use a media player that properly renders my video files. Frankly I don't care about how large your video collection is. If VLC can't play my videos properly, then I'm not going to use it.
>and does not understand the nature of a right click abled mouse.
What does that even mean? Right click (un-)pauses the video and you can bind any action you want to it.

>Sure my dear autist, people really wanna rape the internetz to get information about the keyboard shortcuts to basic functions.
I wrote buttons, not shortcuts. While you can circle through them with your keyboard, but there are also buttons to the right of the seekbar.
>Even better, you can use VLC and use the most intuitive way changing the volume by using the mouse wheel.
As I wrote before, you can change the volume with the mouse wheel as well.

Your only argument is that normalfags should rather use VLC, which I agree with. What about people, who are able to download a PDF and use Ctrl+F?

>Or I can use a media player that properly renders my video files.
>Frankly I don't care about how large your video collection is.
Nearly 20.000 episodes of 1080p in my collection prove you wrong.
If you repeatedly have problems to play your video files while i do not have this issue at all, then the problem is your shitty source.
I would encounter the same issues if they were any. Don't you think?

>If VLC can't play my videos properly, then I'm not going to use it.
If VLC doesn't play your videos, you should consider changing the shitty encoding software or your source to a different one.

>Right click (un-)pauses the video and you can bind any action you want to it.
Here the autism is at full display once again.
Instead of pause/unpause the video with "space" key, mpv seems using mouse rightclick to do this. While the rest of the fucking world and programs uses rightclick to open a front end menu to give access to all kinds of temporarily settings.
There is no fucking reason to do this the mpv-way other than fucking up the usability while giving a total shit on intuitive GUI concepts.
This is basically the autism that keeps the majority of people from using this meme player.

>I wrote buttons, not shortcuts. While you can circle through them with your keyboard, but there are also buttons to the right of the seekbar.
But you can still not enter something that can be called options and settings, where you have all the important stuff organized in a menu window with tabs and categories.

>As I wrote before, you can change the volume with the mouse wheel as well.
No, when i scroll the mosue wheel in mpv it does jump back and forth in the video.
Ahh, i forgot, i can change it by raping the config file. Normies will just give up at this time and go back to to based VLC

>What about people, who are able to download a PDF and use Ctrl+F?
The very moment you need a help file in order to setup a video player is the moment you have been shilled.

>enjoying Origin unironically

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-12-02h39m28s552.png (1440x1080, 1.81M)

"tribalism" is a meme promulagted by people with a vested interest in silencing debate (i.e. the ruling classes.)
please refrain from using that word.

t. elite shill
there are legitimate differences and grievances which cause strife, just as there are chaff "arguments" and artificial divisions used by elites to subvert popular movements.
it is possible to unite groups with a common adversary temporarily, but it is not true that all differences are merely contrived, or that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
imperialists always guise themeseves as "pacifists": divide and conquer, unite and rule.

>If you repeatedly have problems to play your video files while i do not have this issue at all, then the problem is your shitty source.
Oh, I know that the problem is about large keyframe intervals, which VLC doesn't seem to handle all that well.
My question stays the same though: Why should I use VLC, when it obviously can't play MY video files correctly? If it can play your videos then good for you, but your experience with VLC is not nearly as important to me as my experience.
>Instead of pause/unpause the video with "space" key, mpv seems using mouse rightclick to do this.
It actually uses both by default. You can (un-)pause the video with Space, the right mouse or the corresponding button on the OSD.

>But you can still not enter something that can be called options and settings, where you have all the important stuff organized in a menu window with tabs and categories.
No. Personally that's what I like about mpv, but I understand why most people want a menu.
>No, when i scroll the mosue wheel in mpv it does jump back and forth in the video.
I already mentioned a few replies ago that your cursor needs to be over the volume icon for that. I agree, it's unintuitive, but you still don't need to edit a config file to achieve this behaviour.
>The very moment you need a help file in order to setup a video player is the moment you have been shilled.
I don't mind using manuals for software. I regularly consult man pages and even for software like VLC I read through their documentation (the command line usage to be specific).

Just one quick question before the end: Why are you so insecure about me using mpv?

>install mpv
>opens video
>wants to seek? mousescroll.
>wants to change volume? there's an icon on OSD
>wants to change subtitles? there's an icon on OSD
>wants to change audio? there's an icon on OSD
>wants to pause? spacebar/rightclick
wow fucking shit software

WOMM

>Oh, I know that the problem is about large keyframe intervals, which VLC doesn't seem to handle all that well.
Yes, indeed, it is a codec problem and i can't find a reason to still use codecs that produce large keyframe intervals at all.
I use a lot of different sources that grabbed the files from Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, HBO and others that are provided by different release groups and also different sources of BluRay rips and all of them play well no matter what i do.

>My question stays the same though: Why should I use VLC, when it obviously can't play MY video files correctly? If it can play your videos then good for you, but your experience with VLC is not nearly as important to me as my experience.
You shall not, you shall use the software you feel most comfy with.
BUT saying that mpv is better is simply not true.

>It actually uses both by default. You can (un-)pause the video with Space, the right mouse or the corresponding button on the OSD.
While others reported that space key did change their sound files, others reported that it did nothing.
I guess it depends on where and what iteration of mpv you download. Opening up for further discussions on a unified usability (even if it's a shitty one).
Rightclick did absolutely nothing on my mpv, mouse wheel scrolling did forward and rewind the video and space key did stop the video entirely. All out of the box without any settings
I had to configure it in order to make it usable the normal way. Which pissed me off.

>No. Personally that's what I like about mpv, but I understand why most people want a menu.
See, it's all about personal preferences. But most mpv-shills refuse to understand this and call people retarded for using VLC.

>I already mentioned a few replies ago that your cursor needs to be over the volume icon for that. I agree, it's unintuitive, but you still don't need to edit a config file to achieve this behaviour.
How to know this for average Joe? You figure it out your won over time, but it leaves you with a lot of frustration before you figure out the pattern.

>I don't mind using manuals for software. I regularly consult man pages and even for software like VLC I read through their documentation (the command line usage to be specific).
I don't mind using manuals for more complex stuff as well, but something basic like a video player should not nail you doing so. Command line is an exception and rather a feature/option people use that are more advanced in their knowledge than average Joe.

>Just one quick question before the end: Why are you so insecure about me using mpv?
I am not insecure the slightest. Are you trying to project this on me in order to have a point made?
You can use whatever you want. but i insist on mpv not being superior or better when most of the options are left and hidden in the dark for the majority of users out there.

>he thinks his media player is a person

Attached: 542.jpg (319x374, 20K)

nopoint.

>Yes, indeed, it is a codec problem and i can't find a reason to still use codecs that produce large keyframe intervals at all.
That's not a problem with the encoder, but people who believe that a 0.1% better compression is worth playback issues.
>BUT saying that mpv is better is simply not true.
Which I didn't do in any of my posts. I just try to point out wrong (or technically inaccurate) claims about mpv.

Am I gonna get hacked?

Attached: chrome_2019-05-12_23-40-29.png (1120x350, 42K)

yes

quads will protect you from hackers

>4444
Wait a minute

>mpv forces you
no it doesn't, it's just that people like customization
shocking i know

>>Instead of pause/unpause the video with "space" key,
That is a default key binding. It's obvious that you've never even used mpv.

>>It doesn't make sense to create a video player that has a total absence of a menu while most of the people want menues to change settings.
Why should mpv be written for "most people"?

What's wrong with software existing that doesn't target the lowest common denominator?

Can someone play this file with mpv and post a screenshot for the first frame of the video?
gofile.io/?c=AZ05ZT

Attached: Strip 1.png (3840x1080, 1.68M)

New practician thread

Attached: Game.of.Thrones.S08E04.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL_00_00_00_0002.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Attached: no_sharpen.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

Only with MPC-BE you get superior PQ

Attached: MPC-BE.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Who gives a shit. People use mpv not because it is a superior player but because it does what they want from it. Any time, any argument is brought up against mpv, unless it's a real problem, it's something along the lines "there's no gui how am i supposed to use it" or "i have to edit the the config file". If it's not for you just don't fucking use it.

mpc-* is shit without madvr. And even then it's about equal in quality. mpv has the edge in functionality.

Once again MPV Color management is way off and has that greenish tint , Whereas MPC-BE offers more natural colors and has correct contrast levels.

Bigot OP. MPV is inclusive.

MPC-BE wins, but it's still slightly off.
diff.pics/VC9s3jWjfrKP

>plays video with VLC
>waits for video artifacts to go away
>enjoys washed out colors

Truly superior to all media players

>diff.pics/VC9s3jWjfrKP

For the "Slightly Off" results i'll blame my ancient Radeon 9250 DX8.1 GPU. tho it's good to know that you can still get good results (in video files at least) with a 16 yo card.

>Lydite

Attached: BG010CO_127220_800x800.jpg (800x544, 88K)

looks fine to me

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-13-14h05m06s831.png (1920x1080, 657K)

>but muh menus
>but muh gooey
>h-haha yeah no who le reads in le >current year xd
>well umm you say can change that but WHERE DAE BUTTON???
>Jow Forums-technology
This fucking thread, holy shit.

Attached: 1534811521790.gif (100x100, 26K)

both ffmpeg original and mpc-be are wrong. They decode it as bt.601, while it's actually bt.709.
MPV wins.

FASTER

actually smactually

Everyone can see that it has a green hue in the lighter parts of the scene, the who's decoding right or wrong it's a moot point.

I fucking HATE the VLC GUI. It looks like ancient wxGTK with symbols made in paint.