Fuck Floens and fuck Adamantcheese. I will code my own imageboard client but I'm going to steal the UI from Clover

Fuck Floens and fuck Adamantcheese. I will code my own imageboard client but I'm going to steal the UI from Clover.

Attached: logo (1).png (192x192, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

p.Jow
github.com/Adamantcheese/Clover/releases
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues
github.com/Adamantcheese/clover/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are allowed to even use the code. Based floens made it open sauce.

I'll make the logo

I refuse to touch that steaming pile of doodoo.

Are you going to revolutionize the way UI are done?

No, read the OP. I'm going to copy the UI mostly from Clover.

>durhur fuck clover
>durhur im making a clover clone

Please stop we already have too much fragmentation

pls do it in Kotlin, at least

What do you think is wrong with Clover?

Too late, hiroshimoot already beat you to it.
p.Jow Forums.org/g/thread/70931376

not OP but I wanted to do this later this month, if you're gonna do it OP post a git link or something unless you're memeing

what is this foul garbage?

>reinventing the wheel again
Good luck and have fun updating it constantly so it doesn't break with every small change to the site

>I will code my own imageboard client but I'm going to steal the UI from Clover.
This post is a perfect explanation why FOSS is such a failure

Attached: 6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff7c3970c-pi.png (590x425, 20K)

mimicking != a fork

please OP do it, and make the image/video viewer full screen like in dashchan

Most of those are either niche or completely useless, though. Yes it sucks but if you know your stuff, you'll know what to avoid.

No you won't. You will give without even trying.

yeah, but how do want to attract new users like that? Just looking at Jow Forums you can see that whenever the questions of which distro to choose comes up it only leads to shills circle-jerking.

Fuck YOU.
Works on my machine.

Install Dashchan.

Allowing others to fix something they feel has gone bad is a bad thing? Kill yourself please. Also, try not posting a thumbnail faggot.

Chanobol had the best UI so of course it's the one that was abandoned. Rip off that one instead.

>search string in a thread
>open bookmark, change thread
>crash
CHEEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEE

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

GIVE IT BACK, TYRONE !

Fill an issue.

>FOSS is such a failure
>most used software is all FOSS
Kys

also implement some features from Chan brauza like tabbed boards, multiple sites on side menu....

Why are whiteoids incapable of making a decent *chan app?

Look at JaneStyle - it's fast, simple, has good UI and just werks. Why can't you nerds make a clone of that but for Jow Forums?

At least have rip off some decent UI while you're at it.

Attached: e1230d9a-a41a-45ce-a4e3-32c597438e7b..png (720x1280, 111K)

row row fight the powah

looks like shit
You probably won't do shit, but if you do try to make it so that supporting multiple sites is part of the design and that implementing them will be as easy as possible

What is this garbage?

>Open browser link in clover
>Stays opens for five seconds and then shuts everything down

GOOD JOB FLOENS

OMNICHAN

>clover
good site support but no tabs and image loading is a meme. videos i need to open twice for it to start loading properly. good for viewing generals.
>omnichan
good UI imo and lot of control on this and 8ch too along with a few other.
image loading is good but video support not so much. best for lurking imo.
>mimi
best for me. if your phone is high performance and has meme RAM like more than 8GB. you can have a lot of tabs and switch through them well. also good reply mechanism for (You)s. best for interacting

i use all 3 with omni for vids, older threads. clover for generals and mimi for most stuff. AMA

Attached: beautifuldaydva-00h00m12s.jpg (540x960, 80K)

haven't used Mimi in about 5 years, how is it now?

mimi dev is still getting regular updates. here's the recent changelog and i believe its lighter than clover but i cant say for sure as i have the latest pixel but it worked well on my samsung galaxy too.

i like and respect both clover and mimi but i think mimi guys are much more focused imo. and they put out better updates too

Attached: 1557767766.png (826x463, 50K)

wrong pic. recently i dont know what happened with clover but opening images are hell mainly high res images.
it used to be good a while back.

Attached: 1557767890.png (812x552, 78K)

Did something happen I missed? Mine works fine & always has.

I prob wouldn't browse the chins at all if it weren't for this app.

I'm going to give mimi an other shot since clover has been abandonware for months and adamantcheese build is just as cancer. Too bad because clover has the most potential in my opinion.

I always here about people having issues with images in Clover, but I've never had any unless it was a shitty connection
one of the reasons why I ditched Mimi for Clover back then was how Clover handles replies and how it shows them, I hated the fact you had to go through each reply on Mimi as if you were on 4chanX, that shit gets tedious on a touchscreen, just showing them all as if it's its own thread is much better on a mobile device, so essentially what I'm wondering is have they changed that aspect of Mimi? has how you view (You)s changed?

they changed it. try it our right now and ill message you. tell me if youve installed it.

Just use dashchan

dashchan is dead.

the fuck is this shit?

Attached: Screenshot_Mimi_20190513-133514.png (1155x2048, 1.17M)

i use dev. so i cant speak for normal versions tho. i support both clover and mimi.

where do you get the dev version?

its mimi (donate) on playstore

Still works for me :^)

that's what I posted

u wot? ive been using mimi Jow Forums reader (donate) for like 3 to 4 years now.
never seen 1 ad.
the non dev version has ads but i havent used it for so long. do check again.
it shouldnt have ads at all. 0.

Nevermind it's garbage, where can I get the dev version for free?

>Too bad because clover has the most potential in my opinion.
agree i think its good that more people are improving upon it tho he's still one guy doing shit.
but i still think devs would rather take fixes by some users which they are proposing in issues.

>people would rather whine than contribute
the absolute state of open sores

Attached: 1537059372739.png (600x580, 419K)

I see it's gotten a lot better, but it's still not as lightweight or fluid as Clover, a good #2, but Clover is still the benchmark

Nice ads there, my friend.

Attached: 1535395650954.jpg (674x674, 102K)

yeah, it's the non-(donate) version that has the ads
I uninstalled that and got the donate one and there are no ads

you gotta remember having 5 to 6 tabs while having similar performance is a good competition tho.
kinda like chrome and FF argument if we think about it.

honestly, it doesn't even need tabs
Clover gets by just fine with pinning threads, easy to switch back and forth and Clover leaves you at the last place you were by default, it's an option in Mimi
also, there's no way of the notifications telling you of (You)s when it's just a dot over the tab
Mimi is fine, but Clover does it right

I'll even say that I should probably try Mimi on my Nexus 9 because it won't play webms using Clover's player

I think the problem is that floens is AWOL and not accepting prs, which is why this Adam chap has started releasing builds with those fixes in

The project itself is fairly easy to understand, but android development is a ballache and Im not on github so I really can't be fucked to upstream fixes

I miss Dashchan.

I'm still using Overchan. Tried Clover, but it was not good.

Since this thread is shit anyway, does anyone know a way to create an archive a la archive.moe? I tried lainchan but it's buggy af.

dashchan is the only decent Jow Forums app

Where are the new Adam builds??

still the best, but don't tell anyone

Attached: Screenshot_20190513-224959_Dashchan.png (720x1440, 141K)

Works on my device

This doesn't sound very compelling

Is floens a pajeet?

They added this to Clover too.

congratulations, i guess?

how do I download the Adamantcheese builds, anyways?

Jow Forums browser written with Flutter when? Already has multiplat support for both Android and iOS with web and desktop support rapidly being developed and almost ready for production.

Attached: Google-flutter-logo.png (400x200, 11K)

enable meme flag on Jow Forums pl0x

github.com/Adamantcheese/Clover/releases

Floens it's been five years. When can we get fullscreen images in thread like omnichan?

Attached: Screenshot_20190513-183646_Google Go.jpg (716x922, 146K)

Does it have (You) notifier yet?

It just needs to be able to resize the catalog for more columns and arrow keys navigation.

No, fuck off.

>based (((floens)))

Attached: 1414344903597.jpg (452x523, 22K)

overchan is better

Attached: Screenshot_20190513-234640.jpg (1024x768, 271K)

clover dev works on my machine and floens is based

that looks hideous

Yeah but its stuck on an update loop. If floens abandoned it, he could at least turn off that shit on dev version

How to put an issue on github?

Add a "view my posts" button and you'll become #1

ok but if you don't make proper tabs like Overchan (and only Overchan) has I won't give a shit about your oh-so-amazing fork

hideous perhaps, but it works and has amazing UX, actually having PROPER TABS you can switch between like in the BROWSER

Make a GitHub account, go here and click on "new issue":
github.com/Floens/Clover/issues

There's no practical difference between tabs and bookmarks

Bookmarks are bulky, and don't get set automatically. (That is, any link you click in Overchan opens in a new tab, so you can quickly close the thread with Back, but also just switch tab fast to go to the catalog to keep it open)
Furthermore, you can keep catalogs open, creating a hierarchy (almost a tab tree) in your tabs list. For every board, there'd be a catalog tab, followed by a few (easily 20-50) thread tabs, sorted by time of opening, all with indicators for new posts. If you're on multiple IBs, those'd be below eachother. It's fucking great, and nothing comes close.

>don't get set automatically
>what is history

>what is history
Even more messy. Admit it, Clover is mostly a single-screen app. That's not a problem if you like that, but if you want a browser-like many-screen experience, it's not Clover.

i like adamantcheese
cant wait for tge new build with the new kaptcha window by other user that makes a lot of cool things in that build

it's cash.

Attached: 1557836329223.png (720x1280, 121K)

CHEEEEEEEESSEEEEEEE YOU FAG FIX THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW!!!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-14-18-01-22-320_com.miui.home.png (1080x2160, 952K)

Are you on the latest build?
github.com/Adamantcheese/clover/releases