What smartphone have you used for years that still just werks?

Attached: 1551488870162.png (500x500, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/znK652H6yQM?t=2m31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

galaxy s3

Faggots here will not like this at all but iphone 6s plus
Got it dirt cheap because the retard that bought it at release scratched the back and thus the price was reduced to an insane level.
Battery is still fine no matter what faggots will tell you and it's got a audio jack.
No idea what I will use after this though since I find modern phones to be absolute cancer to the user.

Doesn't still work but my HTC one m7, compared to the g4 I got after fuck was it so good. On a chinkphone now but still remember when the m7 has the tits.

not using it anymore but it was the 2nd gen moto x for me. loved that bamboo backing, man. i picked up a 4th gen moto x on sale recently and it's served me well so far but i wish it felt as nice in the hands as the 2nd gen one did, and that it had that sick ass wooden back
i had a droid turbo for a bit in between these two phones as well, which was the moto x force outside of muriguh :DDD
so, a lot of my time spent on/with smartphones has been with moto x phones. that being said motorola seems to be sorta going downhill ever since lenovo bought em so i'm probably gonna go with another company next phone i buy. hopefully that'll be far out though.

Attached: epic.jpg (271x271, 15K)

i wish the newer HTC phones were similar to the m7. that phone was great. sexy as all hell too, loved picking it up in the morning feelin that cool-to-the-touch metal

Truly based answer. 6s+ is peak Apple. Everything they've released since 2015, whether phone or laptop, has been hot flaming garbage.

se

HTC one m8 took an absolute fucking beating and is still going

youtu.be/znK652H6yQM?t=2m31s

iPhone SE and Redmi Note 4X. Bought both 3 years ago and probably will last me two more years.

i'm a huge android fag and every single one of my smartphones has been an android, save for an iphone 5s i used for most of the last year. as much as i dislike apple, and despite how much i prefer the android experience, the 5s was an incredibly solid phone, especially considering how old it is now. got it as a hand-me-down, i was only intending to use it alongside an android phone at first but found that it was powerful enough to handle everything i threw at it and hold charge through my days just fine. my only real complaint about apple phones is the lack of microSD support but that's just me. i fill the internal storage of my phones quite quick. i also have some degree of respect for apple too, with how good they are at keeping older devices updated, it blows my mind how the 5s is still on the current release of iOS after all these years. a lot of android OEMs suck shit with their updates.

Well, try not to sit on your phone too hard, okay?

Used an original iPhone up until maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Many apps unsupported, websites were incredibly broken on safari, but phone & messages were rock solid. Those never failed me.

Now on a 4s.

OnePlus 2

Before the OnePlus 3, their phones were rock solid for about half the price of other ones. Runs everything smooth as butter, and the custom ROM scene for it is very healthy.

Had it since 2014-ish, use it daily, still in love with it.

Only shit thing is the lack of removable batteries. Definitely going to get that in my next phone, whenever that is.

Mossad appreciates that you are making their mission easier. Your assassin will be informed that your death is to be quick and painless.
Other than that, good choices.

LG G2
Gets second life with Lineage, just works

Defy mini, even rooted that little fucker and basically just use it as a edc-type PDA now that most apps have stopped working on it and updating the rom makes no sense

The battery seems to be dying though since it frequently just shuts off for no reason

Attached: 1557634438201.png (938x660, 429K)

Nexus 4

iPhone SE
Everything Apple has released since has been noticeably worse with each generation.

nice
LG G3 here

Only TRUE answer is the LG V20. It's the best Android phone feature wise.

Absolutely based but I use a Nexus 5
I'm on my fourth battery, might just buy a fifth
It just werks
And every active ROM supports it
Why upgrade?

note 3
still using it everyday for 5 years now
had to upgrade to android 9 because tw 5.0 is totally a broken bloated mess

Attached: justworks(tm).png (611x547, 46K)

But I have never used a smartphone.

Mi 4

same

I used to just upgrade mid range phones often because it's cheaper than buying a flagship.

Moto G4+

iPhone 6

iPhone 6
Want to change to an Android after this but the damn thing simply goes on and on and on.

Attached: IMG_4714.jpg (750x351, 86K)

lg k7

Hawaii p8 lite

Nexus 6

Note 3.

Galaxy S5

OP3T

on 5s i can sit
6s cucks suckon

what ROM? I'm still using the official LineageOS ROM but support for it got dropped earlier this year

>talks about 6s Plus
>posts 6 Plus Video
This is your mind on google

The first wileyfox swift.
Probably because it's just cheap plastic that doesn't break when you sneeze at it.

nexus 4

lg optimus l5
although i did have to flash a custom rom for it to not lag like crazy

Oneplus One, it still gets updates through lineage.
Currently looking to replace the battery, anyone have any suggestions?
I heard some good things from the ones at replacebase.

This.

Attached: Screenshot_20190513-032942_Termux.png (2560x1440, 122K)

cost me 140€

Attached: xiaomi-redmi-4-Prime-display.jpg (2048x1365, 387K)

Currently using the unofficial builds but it works fine since most of them have the same bugs like bluetooth call, though i dont use bluetooth at the first place(3.5mm person)
Though afaik there is still official support for the microG version of LineageOS 15 but its only for international and T-Mobile variants (i have the korean lte-a variant)

Also RessurectionRemix is still officially supported so there's that

Used my iphone 5s for like 4 years. Can see my poco f1 lasting a long time too.

iphone 6
never had any battery issues or slowdown problems

OP3 purchased in September 16

Still going strong, and now on android pie

nexus 4, still using it

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

S5

Redmi note 4

They stopped making phones with hardware buttons on the bezel, so I have no intention of "upgrading".
Based

nexus 5

Phones used to last 10 years, and now we boast when they last 3 years.

Attached: tmp_5897-419X_0dOdGL._AC_SY400_-514290947.jpg (335x400, 21K)

i was a late adopter of smartphones. had a flip phone until 2015, when i got a galaxy s5. still use it every day.

Redmi note 3

OnePlus 3. It's based.

BlackBerry Passport

Hows the OS in 2019?

It's great. The only issue I've had lately is the browser had some certs expire but someone released an app to update them

>using a smartphone

Just like people who use Windows. Why the fuck are you here? It's like being on Jow Forums and not being a retarded neo-nazi in all but name.

LG G2, used it since 2013. Still works just fine.

nexus 5 but it's a piece of shit.

>smartphone
none

they all broke, more or less. even the one I'm using right now is broken and cracked.

>iPhone

Attached: va6i14ieo6d21.png (550x585, 191K)

but somehow still snappy after 6 years.

>Uptime: literally seconds

Used an HTC m9 for over 3 years. I would have replaced the battery on it, but the charging port was going bad too so I just bought a cheap droid turbo to replace it

I'd still happily be on my Nexus 6P if it didn't shit the bed with boot loops. Still have it, hoping to eventually get it repaired or trade it in or something.

On a Pixel 2 right now. It's just not the same.

Attached: 1554491136798.gif (500x500, 246K)

Nexus 6p , the last nexus
It literally just werks and never lags, bought its about 4 years ago.
Whenever I see a new phone I just remember that its pointless since I have my 6p
>inb4 huawei

S4
5 years and counting.

Have secs.

Age has taken another one.
Replace the battery after this starts to happen.
Expect a year from old iphones. New ones with under 3000mAh 2-3.5 years. Time is a reaper so 4 year old is bad buy. Buy something that made in the last year. From a reputable store who has a brand to protect.

I chuckled, have a (You).

iPhone SE

Cheapest iPhone ever released. I can see myself using it until it no longer receives security updates

How many years? Still using a 3 years old BQ Aquaris X5, only plan on replacing it when it dies, and considering that both my 2 previous androids (LG and Sony) died literal weeks after the warranty ended, this is going strongly so far. Add to it that the based spaniards are still releasing updates for it today.

Attached: bq-aquaris-x5-plus-32gb-3gb-ram-gris-antracita-1.jpg (718x663, 57K)

Nexus 5

iPhone 6s

Attached: honkdance.gif (307x298, 1.48M)

note 3 i had for a very long time, atm I have a 6s, does me fine and its cheap and easy to fix

S4

S7 Edge

i used my moto x for 4 years until it died. its by far the most well engineered and ergonomically designed slate smartphone

>usable with one hand
>thicker in the center which makes the edges super thin, superior shape for carrying in pocket
>seamless plastic bezel and corners
>screen glass bonded to entire aluminum subframe, borderline indestructible
>replaceable back cover, color options

not to say it was actually indestructible but it was designed to have some semblance of durability to it

Attached: moto x1.jpg (1000x800, 168K)

iphone 4

got it as a hand me down from my dad like 4 years ago

batteries a dream
alarm works nicely
displays correct time
um...it texts and calls n stuff

never smashed or scratched it either

pic related is a pic i took with it,
good quality amirite?

Attached: IMG_0858.jpg (484x484, 98K)

Generic chinkphones (cubot, wiko), and now moto e4 plus. I'm not a needy person and i've been served well, and on top of that - all of these were under 100$ new

>batteries a dream
You mean its almost non existent

I handed my mom my iPhone 6S when it finally got out of contract (she was using a Galaxy S5 up to that point). She's still using it today.

Today i'm using an iPhone 8. I hate iOS, but value E2E Encrypted messaging, and iOS fags won't use anything else but iMessage and FaceTime. Meanwhile, my friends on Android have no issue making Signal their default messenger (which I can also use on iOS, even if it isn't the default).

Anyways, I bothered to throw down the extra coin on the iPhone 8 256GB model, and I can't imagine spending money on another phone for at least another 5 years, possibly more, as I hate the new iPhone form factor, even ignoring the cameras that I almost never use.

nightmares are dreams too

Attached: Naranja_a1544e_6807404.jpg (1200x1138, 186K)

i love my nexus 5 but i had to change the battery

Htc one m8, switched the battery after 3 years, but it starts to fall apart

Only a Nokia Lumia 9something. I wish Microsoft didn't give up on Windows Phone. Android is garbage.

I always planned to get a windows phone and then they cancelled it. I feel they did it just to spite me.

Attached: 1548211188527.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Have you ever called Microsoft "M$" online? Even when you were younger? Maybe they were pissed at you personally.

Huawei Ascend Y200
Honk honk chink still works

Same.
Replaced the battery, broke the and repaired the screen twice. Still holding up. I'm glad the phone is easy to work on and parts are still available.

I'm still using my Lumia 430. I actually had xiaomeme, but it has died in less than a year.

Note 4 still working and I think it will be my last smartphone. Since there aren't any Note 4 alternatives today. Maybe I will build my own and won't care if its build like a brick.

How does one build their own phone? I've been thinking about it

iPhone SE