How is it that my old 6700k outperforms my brand new Ryzen 2700x in almost every instance?

How is it that my old 6700k outperforms my brand new Ryzen 2700x in almost every instance?

AMD never again. Worst processor I've ever bought.

Attached: 2700x.jpg (425x371, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-16-core-7nm-zen-2-cpu-leak-up-to-4-2-ghz-es//amp/
newegg.com/Special/Combo.aspx?SubCategory=0&Brand=1028&SaveCompare=0&SaveAmount=0&kwd=threadripper&listType=Combo&action=search&PageSize=100&Page=&SortField=0
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have to be doing something that uses all the cores to see a difference...

So basically never. And maybe not even then if you OC.

Attached: 1514924834447.png (600x600, 32K)

Thank you for the quality post, AMD marketer.

2700X Single thread performance is trash, even an i7-4790K beats it.

stop playing games and you might see the massive improvement

How is it that my old E5-2678v3 outperforms my brand new i7-9700k @ 5ghz in almost every instance?

New Intel never again. Worst processor I've ever bought.

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-16-core-7nm-zen-2-cpu-leak-up-to-4-2-ghz-es//amp/

Even zrn2 is trash

>has 6700k
>"upgrades"
If you'd read the benchmarks you'd know neither Intel nor AMD are offering anything with better single-thread performance. And you must not need it for multi-thread or you wouldn't be complaining.

Sounds like you just enjoy blowing your money on gadgets that you have no use for. Or more likely, this is fake and gay.

Attached: diagnosis.jpg (600x600, 211K)

Why would you buy a 2700x 2 weeks before the new chips are released? Also, ryzen is for video rendering Intel is for games. Everyone knowz this. Buy the processor for your use case and keep your noise hole closed, it's not that complicated.

>I fell for a meme
>never again

lol see ya when you make this same post after upgrading to Zen 2

>wccftech.com

Attached: 1527643915213.png (258x544, 105K)

>shit that never happened

6700k and 7700k are obsolete junk shit now
so the only thing you can actually be proud of is that you can overclock them to 5ghz

that is till zen 2 comes ofc

>6700k and 7700k are obsolete junk shit now

Attached: +_dcc74ccea90440fbbb7be441c8dec455.jpg (766x690, 106K)

They kind of are.
I have an i7-6700 in my desktop and my X1 Thinkpad is fucking faster.

Sure you do.

Because of high memory latency and CCX latency. I have 3200 cl11 and get 63ns memory latency. The experience when playing games is awful.

heh

Attached: lel.png (2560x1440, 472K)

lmao fucking retard, never listen to Jow Forums.

excuse me is this the IntShill vs AMDrone general?

Attached: 1447278217919.gif (591x605, 70K)

Of course not senpai!
Its clearly virgin furfag lain general!

>3200 cl11
Nice joke faggot

OP, For playing games you pretty much downgraded in terms for raw fps in games. If you wanted better you should have went with a 9700k

For once, I think both sides can agree that OP is retarded.

Attached: SmugxHomu.png (1024x1014, 244K)

Pretty much this.

nice joke.
>3200 cl11
at like what, 1.8V Vddr?

Had Intel i7-6700, now use ryzen 7 2700x w/ 3200 DDR4
No fucking difference in gayming

>Zen 2 launch approaches
>Paid for Intel Pajeet shitposting intensifies
Like clockwork.

>Source: my ass

1.6v you poor Ryzen fanboy faggots.

If there's no difference then your GPU is the bottleneck

And it's going to be underwhelming as fuck because you retards hyped it so much. It still still will fall way behind in gaming

>Muh gaming
I guess value for money means nothing in Intel land.

I'm sorry that a real world metric isn't to your liking, Just means you're a shill and everything that comes out of your mouth is bias.

>Muh 5% performance for 50% extra cash
Flawed logic like your is why the industry sucks

Not my fault amd doesn't have certain trademark instruction sets that a lot of software uses thus making ryzen slow as shit in some programs. On top of inferior memory latency and slow clock speeds, I guess you really get what you pay for.

Attached: 1556295578434.png (898x882, 108K)

Pretty much this.

You mean shit developers who only cut their teeth on Intel compilers?

When devs start taking advantage of amd's arc, i'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole unless they do something drastic to their single core, And i could care less about having a 12-16 core system until things out there beyond rendering won't take advantage of it. Maybe 6 years from now, Who knows.

will*

>developers can magically make CCX latency and memory latency go away
AMD fanboys are like the niggers that blame whitey for their problems.

>The times...they are a changing.
Keep waiting for 10nm and a new socket pleb

Until amd makes something better, i will.

Is it worth it to buy an AMD 8370 right now? It seems to outperform everything at that price point (80 €.) What's the catch?

Attached: 1557551030653.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

kek

>Cherry picks single threaded, latency sensitive games.

The catch is a board with decent VRMs

All games are latency sensitive, you massive mongoloid. Otherwise you wouldn't be playing them in near real time.

ASSRIPPED

My 2500k destroy a 2700x in Minecraft, ayyymd

If you can tell the difference between 100 and 120 fps you are a liar.

>developers can magically make CCX latency and memory latency go away
I think most of modern operating systems are optimized to schedule threads in a way to minimize CCX communication.
But yeah, it still sucks. Maybe everything will improve a bit if Zen2 will introduce single chiplet CPU without any core communication latency (doubt that it will fix memory performance tho).

> Worst processor I've ever bought.
But why?

Use retard OS (linux is for losers)
>why is my performance trash

If you have a 120hz monitor, You most certainly can.

30% reduction is fps in games, He pretty much downgraded for gaming lel.

I have a 144Hz Freesync monitor and can hardly tell the difference between 60 and 120 fps. Fuck off with that shit.

you can feel the control latency

Enjoy your fried ram

I can feel my dick. It don't mean I am gonna pay for a hooker and cocaine which Intel are right now.

They would never release a single node CPU. It would perform too well.

I'm sorry that your retarded nigger brain can't comprehend, But normal people see a big difference.

>Citation needed

Damn, Intels awesome!

Kek, Smoothbrain alert.

Yeah but you have to pay the Intel tax to get it.

Did a blind test with myself and 6 friends simply swapping a monitor from 60hz to being overclocked to 68hz and everyone could reliably say which time the monitor was at 68hz

I believe you. No really. I do...

He's literally stupid, And i mean reeeeeally stupid.

Nobody cares if you believe him or not, But we do believe your brain is slow and dysfunctional.

Generally speaking is single core or multi core performance more important for emulation?

single, are you new?

Thanks

and yes

You need both for rpcs3

Get your eyes checked mate, or your settings.
60hz is a stutter fest compared to 120.

so there is 1 exception, doesnt change the rule

Single core mainly, AMD lags behind a good bit for emulation.

>They would never release a single node CPU. It would perform too well.
Too well is a bit too optimistic. 2400G is a single die design with single CCX (it lacks quite some L3 cache tho), but it still performs just "ok". Memory latency is pretty bad with any Ryzen CPU and it still probably bottlenecks them in the end.

Sorry, wrong emphasis. Why buy another CPU if 6700K was released in just 2015? And to call it "old", well...

>needs to be clocked close to 5 niggahurtz to battle both 8700 and 2700
>cant really stream and play anymore
>cant even edit videos anymore

yeah i can see that

you mean how adobe overnight somehow after years of development only supported the intel igpu giving them insane boost vs the zen+ lineup?

But Zen+ lineup only has 2 low end APUs, why would they bother supporting that vs Intel's entire desktop lineup?

this, OP is retarded

I see that you hit your head 1000x at your wall.

>6700k great CPU
>2700k great CPU
>upgrade
>no big improvement

The 2700k is a nice upgrade, if you have a fx or Intel Gen 4 > X

Yes, He should upgrade to superior sandy bridge.

>ITT

Attached: 7df.jpg (550x366, 43K)

kek

meanwhile at amd
newegg.com/Special/Combo.aspx?SubCategory=0&Brand=1028&SaveCompare=0&SaveAmount=0&kwd=threadripper&listType=Combo&action=search&PageSize=100&Page=&SortField=0

they are practicly giving away the motherboard for free

Probably haven't even enabled 144hz double nigger

Went from an i5 4690k to an r7 2700x

Most people like compare these chips with just 1 game running with nothing else in the background. Imagine for a minute that you use your computer for other things. VM's, video encoding, audio production, CAD/3D modelling, etc, as well as playing games. Average FPS might be the same, but if you are at all running anything besides the game in the background, the minimum FPS will be drastically better on the 2700x. It's a much smoother experience with better frametimes. Really noticeable in open world games and RTS's. Not to mention, I can have my linux VM compiling in the background while I play a quick game of DoTA without a single hickup.

it makes so much heat that you'll start improving your room airflow instead of case airflow. other than that, vishera is solid performer for a price, i recently went from 8320 to ryzen and i'm surprised how well my vishera held up after all of those years.

Nobody is going to buy kikeripper if you can get 16cores with 40pcie lanes on am4.

You also drop 50% less frames than an i7 8700k on medium speed encoding when streaming

Incels only use their computer for discord + fotm twitch game.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

AMDrones only use their computers to damage control inferior performance from their Intel counterpart on the internet

I have a 6700K right now and I would actually really love to upgrade to a Zen 2 cpu at some point. It's a great cpu but it does start to stutter once I have my browser with 100+ tabs open, something rendering in the background, and a game running all at the same time. It'd also be nice to have a cpu that hits 5.0ghz because mine is only stable at 4.8.

Zen 2 is going to be shit for games isn't it.

even zen 1 is good for games