Adobe Doubles the Monthly Subscription Price of Photoshop/Lightroom Plan

Thoughts? Is this a bad move long-term? Will this pave the way for Affinity to become the #1 image editing application for PC?

youtube.com/watch?v=GLT9mh9_V9A

Attached: ps.jpg (1200x1200, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paintshoppro.com/en/products/paintshop-pro/
affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/desktop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck adobe

Attached: 1542684607301.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

Most users steal PS anyway, Adobe gets their money from actual professionals who will pay any price for it.

DXO's shit is more useful for quick edits than lightroom at this point. It's a bit less powerful in some area, but far far better in others.
The only thing that really needs to happen is for photoshop alternatives to improve a bit. GIMP you can get to 95% of photoshop with fuckloads of scripting but it's slightly annoying

this sounds like you're referring to drugs

That $10 plan though was great for small businesses and independent artists/developers looking to go pro though.

If the shoe fits...

>GIMP
Not happening, it's trash.

Affinity is the one that came on the scene fairly recently, and actually feels professional. The devs actually listen to artists and the UI is actually good.

How's making morphs in it vs photoshop?

>no subscription
based affinity, i like it already

Just watched some vids and looked at shit, their liquify algorithms and control over them shit all over gimp even with scripting.

Gimp is shit fukboi photojew unfortunately has no real competition ...but muh davinci. Fuck off

>What is AMTEmu?

>mfw I switched to Capture One and Affinity Photo for my photography needs

one-time purchase for each program, no 14 background telemetry processes, no personal data selling, no always-online DRM

Attached: 1556241948762.png (1111x597, 520K)

Sucker

I never heard of Affinity. This looks pretty good.

>paying for software

How does it feel to be poor?

how does it feel to be jew?

>m-muh joos!
Idiot.

There are people on this board, right now, who have paid for windows in their life

BASED, FUCK ""ARTISTS""

Gimp is garbage.

>Software as a Service
You brought this on yourself. Kek.

See

I can't imagine that GIMP has all of the content-aware features Photoshop has to offer.

>Thoughts? Is this a bad move long-term?
Yes.
I canceled my subscription before they did this and I am glad I did. It's just not worth hundreds of dollars per year if you aren't making money off it. They make so much bank off organisations they could give it away for free without any worries, instead they try to squeeze as much out as they can.

still the usual price here in the uk - £10/month or so

I have the full suite at ~£35/month makes me enough to pay for it and it counts as a business expense so for various reasons is usually only really costs me £12/month.

>paying money for software
lol

Professional here. I used to buy Adobe products, but fuck their subscription model. They won't get a single cent from me. Pirated CC at some point to test out some new features, but I'm testing out Darktable and Rawtherapee at the moment and I might switch to Affinity or something else entirely.

paintshoppro.com/en/products/paintshop-pro/
Subscription free it says, I don't know if its would work for you though.

Shit.
Did this happen already? This is too expensive for me.

>paying SaaS shit
lmaoing at your life

Just download CC2018 and crack it with AMTEmu

You can get it from Adobe's site

Attached: 1556635631323.jpg (500x428, 68K)

>implying that professionals don't pirate Adobe software as well
Most professional graphic designers that i know use cracked software

>using SaaShit
take the GNUpill and use Gimp

>Tfw got Photoshop and Premiere Elements version for $50 each, one time fee
Unless you're a pro who literally makes their living off of editing, you don't need their full fledged version.

Attached: 1550540829457.jpg (639x1069, 124K)

Just download CS2 and call it a day

fuck Adobe, use alternatives - which are often better and even free

Attached: D6bddVaWwAAdN-q[1].jpg (686x686, 77K)

Gimp is garbage, sorry.

>feature-packed viable alternative to Photoshop
>$49 one-time payment
>no required subscription plans at all, just buy once and that's it

Come home to the promised land, user.

affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/desktop/

Attached: affinity-photo.png (630x630, 158K)

>gimp
>better
>doesn't even have 3D, CMYK or good performance

i just warez everything

It can't even edit rotated text without discarding the rotation. I'm not even anti-GIMP, it's just really not anywhere near the level of Photoshop that would qualify it as a viable replacement for professionals.

Attached: gimp-editing-rotated-text.png (1671x900, 159K)

The bad workman blames his tools

Tell that to all the professionals in the digital art field, making way more money than you, who all pretty much unanimously echo the fact that Gimp is, and always has been complete garbage.

The fact that you're even attempting to dispute this is evidence you're not even close to a professional. Gimp is an program developed by people who don't know shit about an artist's workflow, and refuse to listen.

professionals had enough of adobe bullshit too, especially when adobe forces you to use new bloated incompatible versions and revokes license for the old ones. despite the face that you had paid for it

>Is this a bad move long-term?
No. Adobe drones will pay it without any resistance.

Doesn't matter, Gimp is garbage and pretty much every pro will tell you that.

Lmao what you all talking about? Don't tell me you actually paid? I just got a cracked version on youtube. I'm seriously laughing imagining people worrying over this.

>steal

I think I remember using this as a teenager when it came for free with a PC component I bought or something like that. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Wait, does that belong to Corel now? Holy shit I must have missed that.

I even know a company that makes 4M a year that use pirated Adobe softwares. And a legally bought 1500€ printing software...

Throw GIMP in the garbage and start a PS clone called QIMP. YW

>cracked version on youtube
>needing youtube to get a crack
>getting ratted

c1 and cracked ps is also an acceptable combo and offers slightly better roundtrip. LR is garbo. Affinity is a good company to support, though.

No one edits images anymore Adobe sucks ass bloatshit

They ruined it in a great many ways, it also has a shitty anti piracy process which simply doesn't work. Jasc versions were great it did all my background erasing work no problem GIMP still has trouble with that shit.

If you cant afford 240 bucks a year then you might as well light your business on fire, try insurance fraud, and then neck yourself when it doesnt work and you're charged and found guilty of arson and insurance fraud. Its literally a little more than Netflix premium

>Affinity is a good company to support, though.
>not free and open source
Fuck off.

i can't fucking use affinity for scanlating without optical kerning

Are you sure?

Attached: 1557243823040.png (1317x2005, 111K)

yes, because optical kerning is the only thing that makes shitty fonts used in manga look acceptable

It took me 7 seconds to open up cc 2019. Just stop.

it depends how much fonts and plugins you have, but 48 does seem excessive

Its actually kinda genius.
Now wonder they are such a huge company.

Creativity has it's price

Any photoshop alternatives that aren't bloated and slow?

because there's a bunch of background processes (read: telemetry botnet DRM) always running in the background retard

go ahead, close your photoshop and open up task manager

GUYS PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE CIRCLES IN GIMP! I CAN'T AFFORD THIS ALONGSIDE MY MACBOOK MONTHLY CHECKUPS! HOW WILL I KEEP MY JOB

Attached: pink_wojak_1.gif (480x480, 3.07M)

>implying Photoshop isn't bloated and slow

Drawing circles? What are you, noon? You just draw the rest of the fucking owl, no circles needed.

He just need to draw the owl first then remove the parts that aren't needed to end up with a circle.

>cloud service randomly decides to up the price
>you can't do shit about it because they hold your shit in custody and you were so much of a dumbfaggot muttbrained tool that you bought into the cloud meme
CLOUD KEKS BTFO

Attached: 1556291845091.gif (244x248, 112K)

Seriously this. If you can't use it offline and copy it to a flash drive and use on another computer, you don't own it and shouldn't use it.

*smiles and keeps using the torrented version*

Attached: Alpine Marmot With Camera.jpg (880x880, 179K)