This happens to people who think aluminum is a suitable material for laptops

This happens to people who think aluminum is a suitable material for laptops.

Attached: cm1trDl1.jpg (2704x2000, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5v1G8oavzyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't like aluminum much, but I don't think aluminum casing was the issue there

Fuck off faggot, try and fold any laptop over your knee and see how it fares.

Magnesium, carbon fiber, titanium, or glass fiber (all superior materials) wouldn't do this.

>Magnesium
fractures
> carbon fiber
shatters
> titanium
far too expensive, not in use in any current laptop
> glass fiber
as above. thanks for playing.

>be retard
>shit breaks
>NOOO IT'S A MANUFACTURER'S FAULT!11

>plane weighing 750000 lbs flies with aluminium skin holding the pressure in
>not good enough for notebooks

stamping aluminium with minimal machining is probably cheaper than a high quality plastic which must be the reason they use it.

Glass fiber reinforced nylon is a great material, they make tools like drills and angle grinders out of that, gool luck breaking those.
But apple are too cheap for good plastic.

Engie here, can confirm. Also:
>Magnesium
Shit tolerance to shock. Basically drop it on one corner and it will look like glass.
>Carbon Fiber
Kek, I hope your hands produce exactly no sweat at all. Also, it is flammable and degrades under sunlight. Plus the fibers can tear just like cloth and it will undo itself really quickly.
>Titanium
Most doable of all. Really expensive to shape though.

Why they don't make nylon cases for laptops, only PC-plastic?

>Stainless steel
>Fiber glass reinforced nylon
>Poly-carbonate plastic
>Aluminium and its alloys. (excluding aviation grade structural aluminium, which oxidizes without paint badly)

>iToy
>quality
>chink OEM watermark on picture

Because PC is a good material for laptops. Often an ABS PC mix is used (sometimes with another plastic) to get the right features.

Stop larping you miserable faggot.

It is too weak for my taste. But I think you won't get that thin of a wall with nylon, right?

Yo do realize that they machine aluminum billets...

My guess is stiffness, nylon is really elastic, and while it's harder to rip than a steel nail it's rather flexible when thin.

PC is great too, high strength, high modulus high impact
>>Stainless steel
The cost would be immense. actual steel actually wears out the tools.
>excluding aviation grade structural aluminium, which oxidizes without paint badly)

Not under normal temperatures.

Bullshit, they stamp out sheets and cit some holes in them.

Applel uses CNC to cut shit.
And every other manufacturer has tool traces on aluminium, so they are machines just as well.
>The cost would be immense. actual steel actually wears out the tools.
Yes, but that would be really cool premium material.
>be me
>buy stainless laptop
>drop in accidentally on foot
>...

>Not under normal temperatures.
Nah, there are alloys, that get white cum on it after some time in the air at room temperature. This is why all airplanes have greenish anti-corrosion paint on structural stuff.

Aluminum looks cleaner than plastic. I'd buy an aluminum mouse too if there was a decent one.

why not just use hard plastics?

because it melts you FUCKING brainlet

there are a tonne of hard plastic laptops that are safe and do not melt on you, brainlet.

>aluminum
The absolute state of mutts.

So don't use polycaprolactone?

plastic is bad and cheap and not premium!!!!!

They have to save the i's for egotripping

do you use a fucking blowtorch as a processor?
Alloy laps get hotter and break faster than plastics. It just looks nice.

>>Magnesium
>fractures

Also explosively flammable.

youtube.com/watch?v=5v1G8oavzyM

Plastics won't act as a heatsink for (((thin and light fanless designs)))

Those are usually magnesium alloys with aluminum. Or should I say, aluminium with mg added.

also very susceptible to corrosion. Mag racing wheels would dissolve on a salted public road.

But even current alu shit don't make use of it.

Apple have been machining their unibodies from single pieces of aluminium since 2008.

Even iPhone enclosures are milled from a single piece.

Attached: mbprolate08review-2.jpg (800x449, 30K)

You took that picture from here: That was my laptop and it was in a severe car accident where we made several acrobatic manouvres with the car after getting hit by a drunk freight truck driver and rolling of a "cliff".
By some miracle we all survived it and only had bruises and a some cuts. Not even a broken bone.

That cheap-ass chink Teclast F7 still turned on and worked (after connecting it to an external display), even the touchpad worked fine.

If it were made of some plastic it would be shattered in a thousand pieces.

I only removed the SSD and battery, the rest went in the bin. The SSD is in the poorfag old computer I'm typing this on.

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-13 133609.png (917x200, 22K)

Yes if one cares to expose ones laptop to a torch for a long period of time magnesium will indeed burn, as will aluminium though less spectacularly.
Now test exposing your LiIon battery to the same torch for a fraction of the time.

Yes because mg unlike al doesn't form a natural protective layer. Solution: add a protective layer.

>breaks phone while opening bottle
>guy thinks laptop is bendable
>angry man breaks everything

Attached: Angry Fishermen Compilation.webm (400x226, 2.73M)

>do you use a fucking blowtorch as a processor
Macs all have intel processors so yes

Hopefully not for long. ARM should take over the Macbook line soon.

He is, it's a MacBook after all.

that's a windows laptop though

WINJEETS BTFO

Attached: satan.gif (220x216, 39K)

>Some noname chinkshit laptop

they use really shitty aluminum

Steel with a thin aluminum layer

Thanks for calling him out.

That's because as magnesium burns it generates its own oxygen feeding the fire. You can't smother it with traditional fire suppression means.

Lots of race car drivers lost their lives because of that and they stopped using magnesium wheels.

It's also irresponsibly thin providing little to no structural support. Which saves money and cuts costs on manufacturing. They could use plastic bracing inside the aluminum for rigidity and just use the aluminum as a skin to keep the appearance up. But they're content to keep their laptops unservicable.

>single piece
Its like 4 pieces glued together

By unit thickness almost every plastic is 1/20 to 1/30 as stiff as most aluminum used in products. Carbon fiber or steel reinforcement? Maybe, plastic? Makes no sense