/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 7 Pro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: OnePlus-7-Pro-768.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/redmi_pro_2_specs_appear_online-amp-37010.php
theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/12/tim-cook-apple-ceo-products-arent-for-the-rich-steve-jobs-iphone-x-smartphone-1000-dollar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>redmi k20 pro won't have american bands
>neither will realme x

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Welp looks like I'm pulling the trigger on ordering my mi 9 then.

Oh boy I'm getting my Pro if gcam elevates it to god tier camera performs.

oneplus needs to stop relying on gcam modders to fix their shit, the stock camera app should be great with the camera hardware in the 7 pro, they need to get their shit together

>All these people talking about the pro when it will be wider and taller than the 7 with edge to edge screen so will be extremely clumsy to hold and use one handed.

Depending on price it will be the standard 1+7 or a pixel 3a for me this week.

fuck oneplus 7 overpriced chink shit just get a mi 9, same processor but at the right price

That's not easy. Even Samsung stock camera fails against Pixels when it comes to reproducing accurate colors especially in low light.

>not using a nice case with solid grip
a flagship experience isn't just about having the latest SoC

OnePlus 7 Pro poster here, I'm waiting for the same. See, I'm not a literal biased shill.

>a flagship experience isn't just about having the latest SoC
yeah, it's about having a functioning phone with legitimate functions as a functioning phone. for example, it's nice to have a functioning vibration motor. someone literally every single oneplus phone has lacked. so yeah, don't fucking talk to me about "flagship experience" when you've yet to use a fully functioning oneplus phone

What's the best +4000mah phone that won't break the bank. I don't mind waiting.

rn7p

They have one now lol

>curved screen
>wanting constant glare on both sides of your phone

why the fuck are they making the screen curved, what advantages does it give

Attached: recursos-especiais-edge-plus-w782.jpg (782x440, 30K)

more attractive to the eye

To brainlets perhaps.

s10+ or wait for note 10?

It's the premium meme.

Note 10, obviously. If you can afford it. If it's Exynos, get the OnePlus 7 Pro.

>battery charging tech gets better
>battery capacity stays the same
call me when i can get a phone with a full month of battery watching videos and shit

even the energizer brick concept only got like a week of use, to get a month that fucker would have to weigh like 10 lbs and would not fit in any pocket

Which phone should I get to replace my Mate 10 Pro if my only requirements are good screen with a lot of real estate, no notch and big battery?

i'd like to make chinks work to get all my data for their orwellian state, not pay them for it.

Wait for graphene batteries. Imagine being such a zoomie piece of shit that he can't charge his phone without feeling irate because it didn't get 200 hours SoT

Nice excuse. This isn't ZTE or Huawei. Ask yourself why the States has restricted these two while it lets OnePlus sell freely.

No fucking excuse, that's my social position. Fucking insects are building society based on goodboy points, which is impossible without total surveillance and control over population. I would never use a chinese phone even if I was paid for it. I would rather use nokia 3310 for web browsing.
Anyone shilling chinese phones are traitors of freedom and european/western values.

>i'd like to make chinks work to get all my data for their orwellian state, not pay them for it.
What's with these dumb arguments and China vs. America or Russia? OnePlus devices have a selling point of being developer friendly - meaning you can use custom ROMs and have as much control over your phone as possible.

The phone is already wide enough as it is without adding a case in the mix. A case would make it to hand use only.

>wanting some crazy high battery capacity in your pocket instead of better efficiency
Enjoy ur fire

Redmi Pro 2 leaked renders and specs.

This is it boys, fuck the one plus 7

google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/redmi_pro_2_specs_appear_online-amp-37010.php

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage-20.jpg (1200x631, 57K)

Sony Xperia 1 bundled with WH-1000XM3, shipping starts 3rd of June
>999 euros
Nips are crazy

I get the "I hate apple and just buy chinese phones with same hardware much cheaper" logic
But buying a chinese copy of iphone is just pathetic. If you like the look of iphone, go get a job and buy one you fucking hobo.

It's gonna have a shitty battery life

IOS sucks dicks

Enjoy every girl thinking that you are a cheap incel that wants to look cool.

But I am a cheap incel that wants to look cool.

>he thinks it's an iphone copy
>has no notch
>pop up camera

lol. brainlet.

cut the pop up camera, draw a notch and it's iphone x and it's iphone x. If you think that's a huge difference, I feel bad for you. Even wallpaper is copy of iphone's

New user here. You're pathetic.
Trying to impress females with material wealth is a surefire way to get a woman who drains your wallet.

Abstinence from sex and relationships is the human guide to self fulfillment. We are plagued with the inherent desire to reproduce. If we hadn't been focusing so much as a species to constantly produce more of ourselves, rationing off birthrates more effectively, we wouldn't have such actual wastes of material, entropy and time such as yourself.
At this point, you shouldn't continue living, let alone writing these inane thoughts of your tiny, feeble, nigger mind on this thread. Faggot.

The one in the OP

>caring what girls think

lmao soon to be wizard here

I use android because IOS sucks. Walled garden, every browser is Safari, no customization

have sex

You have no true purpose for yourself.

So basically your whole country is run by traitors since China owns US debt worth trillions of dollars.

To be fair the XM3 isn't cheap. It's an A+ headset.

Chad can use a fucking Red Magic and get zero flak for it. The 'iPhones=status' meme is just that.

Yes.
It's all talk no walk. At the heat of the moment unable to perform. Payed for paper weight.

>cut all these things that differ it from an iPhone
>it'll look like an iPhone
Woah!

>pop up selfie cam
>no notch
>looks like an iphone

Take your autism meds please.

Attached: 1541543754867.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

it is*
paid*
have sex fieefox*

First of all, I am not from the US. Second, if the politicians are corrupt doesn't mean I should feel good by supporting the individual hating, total surveillance machine.

Chad can use old nokia and stay chad. It shows that you don't give a fuck. But once you start using obvious knock-offs, you begin looking pathetic

nigger every phone looks the same these days

So they have dual stereo speakers now and a far better vibration motor, do you think they'll fix the GPS problem too? Outside of these there weren't any other issues with it hardware wise.

Well burgers care about iPhones because they're cucked by iMessage

>No fucking excuse, that's my social position. Fucking insects are building society based on goodboy points, which is impossible without total surveillance and control over population. I would never use a chinese phone even if I was paid for it. I would rather use nokia 3310 for web browsing.
>Anyone shilling chinese phones are traitors of freedom and european/western values.
Hey, genius, virtually everything is Chinese. You don't have to buy a locked down device and complain about the lack of control over your device afterwards. OnePlus and Xiaomi for example are some of the most developer friendly manufacturers and you're free to use a custom ROM with microG along with as many FOSS apps as you please. Not seeing the negative here.

Honor 20 WHEN
Huawei is my last hope for a semi compact phone this year

He's just a larper like Varg.

People one step away from being hobos in the US can buy iPhones. People on welfare have them. This is just nonsense.
theguardian.com/technology/2017/sep/12/tim-cook-apple-ceo-products-arent-for-the-rich-steve-jobs-iphone-x-smartphone-1000-dollar

>locked bootloader
>EMUI
No

Nothing wrong with EMUI

>just ordered samsung a50
>already buyer's remorse
go ahead anons make fun of me

I think the settings menu for one looks about 5 years outdated and the bigger downside is two or three years of software updates until even your $1000 devices get abandoned.

>over 600 for chinkshit
OnePlus is dead.

Two to three years of software update is already two to three years more than most other brands

spoken like a true poorfag. Xiaomi is that way

Getting the Redmi K20 pro instead of the Oneplus 7 Pro desu

>buying a 600 dollar phone makes you rich
Spoken like a true ifag. If i want to spend more than 600 i can get a Sony instead chinkshit.
High priced chinkshit defeats the purpose of chinkshit.

>buying abandonware with the worst cameras to boot
Suit yourself.

>$1000
>$

Funny how Americans who have never even seen a Huawei device in person are the most vocal when it comes to bashing EMUI. Keep buying your pixel trash or fucking Motorolas lmao

If you really think that that render doesn't look like a fucking copy of an iphone, you must either be blind, poor, or chinese.

>Research a shit ton for my next phone after my LG G3 got BSOD
>Pocophone it is,even Jow Forums seems to approve
>After ordering it everyone is calling it pocotrash and "LOL WE WERE MEMEING ALL ALONG"
I don't understand anymore

Attached: 1545078415475.jpg (850x850, 236K)

>everyone is American
>Jow Forums is one person
How does this not look outdated? Is it not the case that software support stops after two or three years and that Huawei devices are locked down? I don't understand where you're going with this.

Attached: 302.png (478x450, 244K)

>After ordering it everyone is calling it pocotrash and "LOL WE WERE MEMEING ALL ALONG"
>I don't understand anymore
Stop taking Jow Forums so seriously.
It's a great phone, you didn't make a mistake.

Didnt get the yearly version upgrade.
My phone is now ruined and abandonware.
It got worse because something better exists.
Same could be said of iphones when the new iphones are released.

How many reports of android hacking incidents exist? That are related to not getting security updates.

Can someone recommend me a phone similar to the blackberry priv? The one I had has kicked the bucket, and I just can't get used to touchscreen typing. Only requirement is a physical keyboard.

tell us how it turns out

Blackberry KeyOne, Key2 / Key2 LE

Looks awesome, is utterly impractical.
It's the essence of modern smartphones.

>sister wants to upgrade her s8 to an s10 for the cameras alone
>I don't think it's worth it, even for her job
So is the camera a good enough reason to upgrade? She works in the make-up/cosmetics business, and says she's tired of carrying her dslr around. I otoh still don't think even a top of the line phone can match a dslr for professional grade photos.

Need a good performing phone without falling for the $800+ flagship meme. Would buy a pocophone but I need US LTE bands (band 2). Wat do?

Why are the Pixel 3a and XL forums seperate? It seems to be further killing the Pixel dev community.

>moto X4 for $120

Should I get this lads? My Moto G3 is a bit sluggish, just want a decent CPU phone

Attached: IMG_20190513_073002.jpg (720x647, 77K)

How many years of major updates do Huawei phones get?

Yes

Get a huawei mate 10 pro

Attached: 1551938279395.gif (511x512, 105K)

Redmi note 7. I got it and it's great

>i need 6 4k cameras on a phone
Sounds even more like an ifag.

Rather about the updates. The locked bootloader sucks and reduces the custom rom dev.

Fucking Redmi X when?!

>i need 6 4k cameras on a phone
I never even implied that. It's not news that Sony's cameras are worse than the competition.
>Sounds even more like an ifag.
Yeah, I'm totally an iPhone user.

>>Lenovo

Yikes

I need a dual sim with good specs that works with att for about 60 bucks. Anything I can get?

Fuck Huawei, emui and their locked bootloaders

Pixel 2XL or 3a XL?
also do i get the free google photos storage if i buy one used?

You're just a butthurt amerilard.

mi a2 lite

THREADLY REDPILL:

enjoy your 'innovashun' and 'curridge'
i.e.
>notches
>phones so thin and bezels so thin that you can't ever grip the phone properly, making drops more likely
>glass sandwich for more fragility
>lack of 3.5mm jack - carry dongles instead!
>lack of micro sd card slot - use da cloud and stream everything
>no SIM card slot - hurr durr le smart sim!!!
>high and higher pixel densities which are pointless because we're already at the point where you can't discern any more - even 1080 is the max anyone needs - 1440 is a meme that simply taxes the chip and thus the battery more
>smaller and smaller batteries (but we made it more 'efficient', goyim! less is more hehehe)
>no more fingerprint sensor - either it's under the screen, or it scans your face instead

>and now...FOLDABLE SCREENS! "i need a foldable screen!" (said no one). Just another solution to a problem no one had in the first place. That'll be three thousand dollars, goyim. You should buy it, don't you want to fund future INNOVASHUN?? You're holding humanity back, you're halting PROGRESS!

Face it, we reached peak smartphone about 4 years ago. Everything since then has been about making phones worse, not better (and more expensive for an ever worse experience)

Attached: 1542484935833.jpg (490x586, 16K)

If only the pixel 3a had an SD slot and bigger battery I would have bought one last week

also
>shittier and shittier down-facing single speakers to make room for all the no-bezel screen memes