OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

techpowerup.com/255476/amd-readies-radeon-rx-640-an-rx-550x-re-brand

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Rebrandeon.png (1564x1138, 648K)

aren't those all just Polaris chips with different VRAM and voltage configurations?

it's OKAY when AMD does it

>implying the drivers even work that well

Attached: index_0.jpg (300x168, 8K)

>Wangdoze
Problem found.

>the only proof is a screenshot of some windows drivers
k

Attached: Hotdof.jpg (480x640, 108K)

doesn't AMD package drivers for entire series of cards into one installer on windows?

650 and 640

oh wow cards that nobody even buys

Wait but didn't they always do it for the low end cards? As far as I remember the cards below the x750/x50 level were just previous gen rebranded.

Why anyone cares about AMD products is beyond me

What's difficult to understand here? If AMD products are better than usually it drives prices of intel and nvidia products down. That's an obvious benefit.

>If AMD products are better
That's a big IF, bud. Only a few times in the past two decades has AMD released a product that was even remotely competitive.

Newfag detected.

ATi doesn't count.

ati was not amd

Even if you want to go there
>What is Athlon
>What is Ryzen
"Remotely competitive" my ass, faglords. Intel and Nvidia were both behind more than once, and only managed to remain relevant by bribing OEMs and smear campaigns, all of which are public knowledge and well documented.

>What is Athlon
Re-read my post
>What is Ryzen
Not competitive

There is a reason they're known as rebrandeon.

1. applel requires amd bc the juice
2. photo editing and light video editing require only light graphics

You are imagining this from an addicted gaymer standpoint. Of course they wont give you the fps your addiction necessitates, but they do just fine stitching together a 1gb pano.

>Re-read my post
Are you implying Athlon was made by ATi, or that it was released more than 2 decades ago? Because either way it is, you're fucking retarded.
>>What is Ryzen
>Not competitive
Alright, you truly are brain damaged, nothing else to argue here. Enjoy those 300W 6-core housefires.

>Are you implying Athlon was made by ATi, or that it was released more than 2 decades ago? Because either way it is, you're fucking retarded.
Athlon is in the two decade window. I said they released a few competitive products and you could only come up with literally 2, one of which isn't even competitive. I think you might be projecting about the retardation since you clearly can't understand simple sentences.

>640
>550
>460
>370
>280
>7950
>all of these are the same card
Not gonna lie, former AMD supporter here. This is fucking hilarious watching AMD crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let them gain any market share.

Attached: amd1.jpg (552x661, 71K)

>Athlon is in the two decade window. I said they released a few competitive products and you could only come up with literally 2, one of which isn't even competitive.
So now you're arguing semantics because you realized just how dumb you sounded just now.
Funny we're even talking about "releases" in a market that sees maybe 2 actual releases every decade. And you're cutting out one entire release. What else am I supposed to pick from, Bulldozer? Yea, great joke.
At least AMD tries to innovate every time they bring out something to the market. Meanwhile, Intel's been releasing the same architecture since Nehalem with 2% IPC increase every 3 years, while having a yearly R&D budget that's bigger than AMD's in the last decade. Wanna talk about that?

I'm not arguing semantics. Athlon was literally included my "few" figure, but you sperged out about it right out of the gate because you have poor reading comprehension and thought I said that they haven't had a single competitive product.

OY VEY user I TOO LOVE PAYING 600$ FOR A MIDRANGE CARD

BUY MORE GO- I MEAN GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY THE MORE YOU BUY THE MORE YOU SAVE

>ryzen
>not competitive
Are you fucking retarded or just pretending to be? Intel's prices per core got hardcore slashed once Ryzen popped into the market. That's direct evidence of competition if nothing else.

>I'm not arguing semantics. Athlon was literally included my "few" figure, but you sperged out about it right out of the gate because you have poor reading comprehension and thought I said that they haven't had a single competitive product.
How convenient that your original statement is so vague, especially when there's so little products released in this industry.
I guess you could say that Intel basically only releases trash too, if you exclude Nehalem and Haswell. Everything else was just small increments and not really that great altogether.

I also haven't forgotten about your claim of Ryzen not being competitive. You're a true mongoloid if you actually believe that, in any sense of the word "competitive". Ryzen is even competitive on single threaded workload, where it loses marginally on most use cases. Everything else, it obliterates Intel, pricepoint, power consumption, multithreaded workloads, platform, etc.

You're right, Ryzen's iterations flat out have Intel doing damage control. They're in retreat.

It's not really convenient when all of your posts are just mindless sperging about things that only exist in your head.

But yes, back to that point- no, Ryzen is not competitive. If Ryzen was competitive AMD would not need to undercut Intel.

>It's not really convenient when all of your posts are just mindless sperging about things that only exist in your head.
You must be the only person in this thread that thinks of yourself as a composed poster with good arguments. Everyone else sees how retarded your posts make you look. Calling my posts "sperging" or whatever you want to make you feel better doesn't make you look any less bad.

>Ryzen is not competitive. If Ryzen was competitive AMD would not need to undercut Intel.
Is that really the hill you want to die on? The fact that they're cheaper means they must be worse? Let me laugh a little harder.

>You must be the only person in this thread that thinks of yourself as a composed poster with good arguments.
I didn't know you felt that way, but thanks.

>I didn't know you felt that way, but thanks.
Keep the denial going my man, you're doing great. Enjoy those $500 six core CPUs, I'll be upgrading to 12 later next month.

Hey, you're the only that said it. Besides, when you aren't beating around the bush being tsundere, you're projecting, so what else am I supposed to do here?

>If Ryzen was competitive AMD would not need to undercut Intel.
this is the most backasswards thought i've ever seen, and i'm used to 2007 Jow Forums
you couldn't think of any other capitalistic reason that they would undercut intel? maybe building marketshare and mindshare? you'd have to be a real cum dumbass to be that stupid that you only think "durr cheaper = worse" in a duopoly like this.

>maybe building marketshare and mindshare?
In which chapter of my AMD street team handbook can I find mindshare?

>thinking economic terms are "le amd shill handbook" terms
Ok so you are in fact retarded and don't understand economics or advertising. Good to get that out of the way.

Sorry, I'm new to the position. Where can I find the "Gaming Evolved" logos and how do I attach an image to my posts?

go back to plebbit fag

this one?

Attached: amd waiting evolved.jpg (1449x1229, 217K)

>AMD is only there to make the competition cheaper
you're retarded

apple buys binned 560 tier chips user

>the same cards

AMDJEETS BTFO

Attached: 1556513990021.gif (500x491, 376K)

>the rx 550 is the same card as the 460
>the 370 is the same card as the 280
you obviously arent an AMD fan and you obviously dont know shit about those cards
and its also obvious that you are an nvidia fanboy shilling them for free
either way enjoy your 600 dollar midrange gpu

Lmao gpus have hit a wall
It's gonna be like this until incel or someone else disrupt the market

>Not gonna lie, former AMD supporter here.
Imagine being so desperate that you have to lie about your identity to countershill amd
>watching AMD crash and burn
what are you talking about?

Attached: THE_BIGGER_THEY_ARE_THE_HARDER_THEY_FALL.jpg (720x676, 131K)

Not him but I used to buy ATi/AMD products but they clearly aren't even competitive anymore. You can only support the underdog for so long until you have to admit that you're just fucking yourself over.

>At least AMD tries to innovate every time they bring out something to the market.
If by innovative you mean trying to sell broken 4-core CPUs that have 3-cores usable and got destroyed by any 2-core Intel counterpart then sure. Or innovative 8-core CPUs with performance of low-end 2-core.
>Meanwhile, Intel's been releasing the same architecture since Nehalem with 2% IPC increase every 3 years
Yet it was more than enough to make any AMD purchase seem like the most retarded decision in your life.

I got a i5 8400 on release, then I had buyer remorse and sold it when the price spiked up with a z370 mobo. Bought a 2600 and a B450 mobo: it's better in everything and I paid way less, without considering that I can upgrade to a zen2+ with a dirt cheap used cpu in the next years. Also, I have a rx570 8gb. I even tried a 1060 3gb, but it costed 60€ more and performed the same (if not worse in many games) and I decided to give that back.

Attached: 1557697797590.png (714x748, 313K)

That's wonderful, user! I'm so happy that you're finally able to hit that 60hz target with your budget hardware!

Attached: S_E_E_T_H_I_N_G_R_A_G_E.jpg (1920x1080, 379K)

So does Nvidia buy the 2080Ti doesn't display as a 970.

Try again AMDturd

Why are you mad? You should be happy!

Wow, I can't believe AMD of all companies is filling up their low-end sector with rebrands. Literally unheard of.