Redpill me on OpenSUSE Jow Forums

What makes it better than something like Fedora, or Ubongoo?

Attached: 1200px-OpenSUSE_official-logo-color.svg.png (1200x760, 64K)

install gentoo

It's the fastest distro out there.

It's got a cute mascot instead of some retarded circle thing or the staple of neckbeard fashion.

Easy way to setup luks+lvm+btrfs with snapshots
Best distro for KDE
Two options, rolling release or point release
It's pretty great, I've slowly switched all my shit (desktop, laptop, server) to it.

How is it for server?

Also Yast makes setting up shit really easy

You will use it for a few months.
Then a lot of small shit will start irking you.
Then you will uninstall it.
Then you will never return to this shit distro again.

Tumbleweed or Leap?

Has anyone used tumbleweed for a significant amount of time and experienced problems?

I want to use it without BTRFS which is shit, but XFS for root and home.

Bretty good, did a minimal server install, Yast makes it really easy to set everything up. Though desu the base distro is increasingly irrelevant to those using docker and shit (like I am), so best pick something that has all the tools you need and you're already somewhat familiar with, makes things easier.

Tumbleweed for desktop, Leap on laptop and server. I haven't had any distro related issues, at least none come to my mind. TW desktop has been chugging on happily. No issues with btrfs either for that matter, snapper has actually saved my ass once when I made a dumb dumb. One negative side could be that they have fewer pre-built packages than Ubuntu and maybe Fedora, being less popular than those, but I haven't had anything major missing. Leap is naturally solid as hell.

How long have you been using it (tumbleweed)

How? Citation needed

For two years
I don't know what they're on about, openSUSE has pretty conservative and safety-concerned defaults that make it a bit slower ootb than tour typical desktop distro AFAIK. Though I don't think it's noticeable.

OpenSUSE has the most severe specter and meltdown mitigations out of any linux distro, which impact performance. However you can change this to use more normal mitigations for more performance.

My experience with SUSE is limited to when I was experiencing with Linux on the family computer when I was 14, I'd successfully toyed around with Mandrake but when I replaced it with SUSE 9.1 Windows refused to boot up. I sweated fucking buckets thinking I had bricked the Windows installation and I awkwardly had to get my family to use Linux for a few days, turns out I just had to change some MBR option in the BIOS.

Not that user, but I've used it for around two years with not too much issue. I had issues with btrfs due to the root partition not having enough space, but I allocated more space once I got a new laptop so that's not an issue anymore.

It was a really annoying issue though when I had it though. You just log in one day, shit freezes and you don't understand shit... Ugh.

Is it better to use OpenSuse or Gecko Linux (OpenSuse with pre-installed codecs and fonts, etc)

I went with openSUSE and enabled packman (the codec repo) myself. I guess Gecko could be easier since things like that are setup by the distro, but I haven't used it myself so I can't say if it has some drawbacks.

I use fedora

stfu fag, we got it

Hey now, there's no need to get violent.

>IBM shill
fucking lgbt fag
just use arch

Attached: archUsers.png (804x906, 46K)

why?

There's literally nothing wrong with being lgbt

That applies to every single distro.

Last Tumbleweed update is a mess.
>Yast2-fonts removed for no reason
>KDE starded dicking around with touchpad settings

I think I will make a bugreport

Here is a citation.

Attached: citation.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

>t.retard

How long have you been running it?

6+ month on previous laptop.
And 1 month on new, where this sort of shit happened.
So, I need to make three bug reports now
>WiFi can't connect after long sleep, unless you restart NM (all GNU/Linux (at least with systemd) suffers from this bullshit). But I don't like making report without log, and I have no fucking idea what to log. Rare on Qualcomm, frequent on Broadcom.
>No I2C touchpad on resume from sleep. (Can be solved with shitty systemd workaround (create service which runs modprobe -r somethingtouchpad) . All GNU/Linux distributions have this problem.) No logs are required, since problem is in the kernel.
>KDE fucking up mouse settings after sleep (Probably somewhat related to previous, since usually touchpad is never disconnected from PC).
And monitor yast2-fonts situation.

Other distributions are even worse. Ubuntu shits itself every update. Arch does xorg meme... Debian is just retarded.

The only distro to just werk for me (after setting it up) was unironically gentoo. But compiling became a bit tedious and the heat from compiling cant be good for my machine in the long term so now I am distrohopping with Fedora KDE but thinking about SUSE. On gentoo I had a stable system but can have the latest version of KDE (or kde LTS or even KDE-GIT 5.16 beta)

Now I have 1TB HDD, now I can afford make myself a linux from scratch, my own distro, which will be never updated not patched.

Just use Gentoo, LFS is not meant to be a daily driver and its a meme.

LFS is a book, which will allow me to make my own distro with my own logo.
I need a logo though....

Well unlike fedora, opensuse doesn't crash on my hardware every 5 days.

Fedora has done this with every fucking computer I have ever had.

OP here. Kinda why i wanted some opinions on SUSE. Fedora just never. fucking. works.

I wanted to use fedora kde but it and every other version of fedora wont fucking work.

every single linux distro ever because theyre all shit

at least bsds brokenness is sensical

slackware, gentoo, openbsd

everything is absolute garbage, id rather use windows 10

OpenSUSE works, but it is not ideal.
W10 is even worse with its BSODs.
>Slackware
should try this meme

meant to say everything else

slackware is an install once and then forget kind of system. as long as everything u need is in slackware you wont get a more solid experience. if not ure fucked

>There's literally nothing wrong with being lgbt
yes there is, faggot

nah

quality bait.
I tapped my fingers for a while to see it boot while Fedora was instantly up after the initial menu

I had the exact opposite issue.