Say what you say but actual software written with this guy feels so good to use...

say what you say but actual software written with this guy feels so good to use. constant low memory usage everything just works and is snappy. They did something very right with their language design

Attached: go.gif (500x500, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16143918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's nothing about the language design of Go that makes it use less memory or run faster than a real language

Attached: 0TNGTBv.png (1920x1080, 94K)

I'd like to comment, but I don't know any Go software.
What are some flagship projects that I can check out?

genuinely this, im interested

docker

/thread

Syncthing.

C# is literally faster easier to code has more packages is more popular has more frameworks and its going multiplatform, it actually just went, take the C# pill

they call it go because when you start to use it you say wow this sucks im gonna go learn a better language

GO fuck yourself

Caddy

totally pointless port

port?

Too verbose. Pajeet-tier aesthetics.

Chonky boi has his own problems. When your interfaces are well defined it’s amore (posix, aws, k8s) when your interfaces are in flux (fucking polymorphic input, casts, no maybe, runtime overhead) it feels like your in the 1970s.

That and the community is fucking cancer. GoTime is now shitskin central and last weeks episode was about how hard it is to code with a vagina. QQ. Google trannies poison everything.

I still do haskell to keep me sane.

>java for windows

Attached: images.png (225x225, 6K)

It reads well, is easy to work with, can do most of the same things as C without many of the hassles. The people complaining never bothered to learn it or are retarded.

The creator of the language literally said it was designed for stupid people

Comfy and not cancer Java is a good java

it was originally python then rewritten in go at the height of its hype for dubious reasons

Please source where he said "it was designed for stupid people."

huh, I wouldn't even consider using it if you told me it was in python desu, maybe the move to any other language was a good idea

it's just os glue, there's no reason it couldn't be python, they justified it much later with some goofy benchmark of the gzip module, docker has always been overengineered hipsters, they would've rewritten it in js had it docker happened a little sooner

>go
>fast
>low memory usage
HAHAHAHAHAHA good bait user

Benchmarks game performance looks pretty decent, memory usage around that of C++ (about order of magnitude less than java), performance around java / up to 3 times slower than C++

I assume user is referring to the quotes which can be found here (with sources): news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16143918

No where does Pike said it's made for stupid people. He said its an easy language for people to just hop in and start developing.

I guess the C-niles can't wrap their heads around working with something that not only works well but has a lower barrier of entry for other people.

Very good Rajeesh. 1200 rupees deposited to your Windows Professional Account.

>totally pointless port
Are you retarded ? Docker was always written in Go, it was the project that cemented Go as the 'lingua franca' in that market.

As for notable projects in Go: Kubernetes, Docker, Gin, Hugo, etcd, Syncthing...

fzf
that's the onlyone i use

>The software debuted to the public in Santa Clara at PyCon in 2013.

>There's nothing about the language design of Go that makes it use less memory or run faster than a real language
Define 'real language'. It uses a LOT less memory than Java and C#, mainly because it strongly favours stack allocation over heap.

Pajeet-tier languages aren't real languages.

>The software debuted to the public in Santa Clara at PyCon in 2013.
It was written in Go, Go is targeting Python developers which is also where most of the users come from, the Docker solution made use of lots of Python scripts when it was introduced.

Again, Docker was always written in Go.

>what is escape analysis