IT'S HAPPENING... The Lenovo ThinkBook

Well, I'm really actually honestly surprised it took them this fucking long to do it, go figure.

lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkbook-series/c/thinkbook-series

These fucking things are abominations basically, and should never have come into existence at all.

GOD DAMMIT, LENOVO, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING?!?!?!

Attached: ThinkBook.png (1153x379, 527K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBtMUwpcLbo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no trackpoint
>using a touchpad like a mentally disabled nigger
but why

Does that mean thinkpads can return to their former glory?

>no thunderbolt
>no standardized charging USB C charging.

The Ideapad 730s is a much better deal than this trash.

Hot take: trackpoints were always overrated. Touchpads are absolutely cancer, but the real solution is a small bluetooth mouse.

Yeah of course a mouse is superior to the trackpoint but the trackpoint is leagues ahead of these fucking cancerous touchpads.

that's fagbook clone, sad

youtube.com/watch?v=FBtMUwpcLbo

Lulnux and Thinkpads are for ledditors

Normalfags can't into chadpoint.

I wouldn't even be mad if it had a clitmouse.

Attached: snap.jpg (276x183, 9K)

We can only hope

Nah, all hope was lost 2 years ago.
Just forget it.

Attached: 20170915_lenovo_retro_thinkpad_notebook4.png (366x490, 175K)

>1080p only
dead on arrival

>do business with style
That looks ugly as hell though

What's wrong with it?

April 1st came late this year.

Still, awesome hoax.

overpriced + ultra shit specs

A mouse is the obvious solution whenever you have a desk or table.
But can't use a mouse on the train.
Can't really use a trackpad on a train their desu.

It's not April 1st tho. Why would you do this?

thats a really good thought...thanks for being a little ray of positivity in this cold world user...

No, then I have to take my fingers off of the home row. Trackpoint is excellent when you're working with texts and only occasionally need the mouse.

Don't think I'll buy another thinkpad in the future.

What other manufacturers are similar to old thinkpad quality?

Ever since thinkpads became chink products quality and creativity took a nose dive.

>it's just consumer trash Ideapads

Nice.

>Came too late
>limited edition
>last years specs on release

Lenovo was more concerned about making a collectors item instead of reusing the keyboard as an option for existing Thinkpads.
Fuck them.

Originality is now a thing for startups and the likes. The risk of failure is outsourced to them by big, established corporations who got to satisfy their big, established shareholders. Hence, unoriginal products from them.

>create retarded consumer cult around thinkpads
>surprised when the manufacturer capitalizes on it to consumerize the thinkpad you fags are the problem desu. You took something that was a decent business class machine and created a perverse "IM SO NERDY LOOK AT ME TAKE DRAGON DILDOS UP THE ASS" fake geek culture around it and now you've fucking ruined it. Even used and refurbished ones are fucking up like 100% compared to a few years ago because you cunts need to turn everything into a spectacle because you're man children

why didn't they just continue with this style. It looks comfy and is clean too.

ThinkBook ≠ ThinkPad

Lenovo has more than one product line.

>no nipple
That's not a thinkbook. That's a chinese ripoff.

Normies would think it's outdated.
But the new design is fine too. - outside of Jow Forums not everybody obsesses over looks.

>Lenovo tipping off the HP Envy

>"And they're eye catching too!!!11 :)))):DDD"
This is a shitty excuse for an advert.
>we want the poor whore market
okay

It's a joke, right?

And they all have consumer screens. Just stop the cope and accept that they don't give a fuck.

Eh?

It's clearly supposed to be a MacBook ripoff.
They even ripped off the name.

I honestly don't give a shit about aspect ratio's.
My T460p is great.

Oh shit, no wonder why it looks like one.
>we want the macshit crowd
fucking hell

>ThinkBook laptops boast awesome entertainment features.

why, why would they do this to their good brand and reputation?

Because you don't really have a choice and got used to cancer. Try using a decent one for a while, you'll hate coming back.

It means that thinkpads are dead.

Because Applel is the only ones who sell premium laptops, so Lenovos thinking was "hey, let's make something that looks similar" instead of analysing why no one wants their trash.

Who the fuck is even using the thinkpad clit, the polling rate of it is unusable.

I also have a T420, it's shit by comparison.

Obviously overall it's worse. It's not like you're even comparing a similar display with different aspect ratios.

They're clearly trying to co-opt the Think(tm) name. Its literally because the think- brand has been consumerified into a high end brand name like XPS or spectre rather than remaining pure business

doomed to fail

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-13 155711.jpg (1082x760, 239K)

But that's nothing new.
All started with the X1. - a consumerist toy with literally the ThinkPad name slapped on it dragging all the real Thinkpads down the drain.

I blame the X1 more than anything for the meme that modern "Chinkpads" are bad.

What's the issue? It's pretty cheap. With a decent resolution poorfags might consider it.

>Mineral Gray

Why didn't they have balls and called it "Cosmos Gray"?

Yeah,but,Chiner.

are you referring to the 16:10 meme? you must have genuine autism for it to bother you

what are the pick up and hang up keys for?

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-05-13 14-15-23.png (394x411, 165K)

I'm more concerned about those macaroni keys.Wtf are those for?

Why wouldn't it bother you when a premium product has a flaw like that? I couldn't care less about some shittop for 800 bucks having a joke aspect ratio but if you spend way over a grand, not swallowing cheap consumer tech is only reasonable.

And a manufacturer selling you that shit while pretending to be "business" or "pro" class product isn't one you can trust either.

also has 4 times the RAM and a processor bump to the i7

what about that aspect ratio is premium?

i've heard that lenovo has done something to prevent you from installing Linux on their new laptops. So... no from me

It's a more expensive thing intended for productivity use, while 16:9 is cheap stuff for movies hence produces in much bigger numbers. Hell, Lenovos excuse for why the didn't put 16:10 on their anniversary ThinkPad was "muh price" which is just embarrassing when they ask over 1000 bucks from you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thinkfags BTFO!

>no clitpoint

For calls. Certain modern thinkpads can have cellular capabilities.

>implying there is a big difference between the two
>implying 16:10 is intended for productivity when 4:3 and 3:2 exist
Don't get me wrong, I prefer 16:10 to 16:9, but making such a big deal out of it seems funny.

MacPad when?

here's your Thinkpad X1, bro

Attached: Image-986900.jpg (1600x900, 443K)

i only use it for scrolling

>thinkbook
WHAT ORIGINAL NAMING

whoa I wonder where they got the idea for the name ThinkBook? I'm a journalist for a large tech blog and would like to know for my latest coverage on this machine! I am betting it's going to be a huge hit!

If anybody has any info on this, be sure to let me know! [email protected]

at least thinkpads have their own distinctive style and are not a macbook ripoffs

i really admire ms surface for that as well

"thinkbook" is a disgrace

Attached: images.jpg (480x480, 21K)

what are they thinking, a shit version of a macbook with no USB-C, a shit display and looks hideous. That thing isn't going to sell at all. The x1 carbon is already basically a 'thinkbook' but it's actually pretty solid

thinkpads havent been good for a decade and basically youre all fucking retarded

posted from my thinkpad 13

4:3 brings too many downsides in the modern web tbqh. But sure, 3:2 is great too but it's veeery close to 16:10 either way.

>but making such a big deal out of it seems funny
Details matter, especially if it's about something you interact with 99,9999% of the time. And obviously cutting costs is given too but when a product is marketed for the premium market it just doesn't seem like a big ask. Even using cheap creaking plastic for the case for probably have a smaller day to day impact.

Agree. Forgetting my mouse at work makes the day suck a bit but I can get away using the trackpoint only just fine, but if I didn't have a trackpoint... god that would suck.

woosh

Nah you're an imbecile. I'm glad I can carry a durable as fuck Thinkpad with a high-res IPS screen, 20GB of RAM, a god tier keyboard, and it doesn't destroy my back every day like the T420 I had used to.

Posted from my T470s.

unironically based, iToddlers btfo, and no need to keep trying to put a forced slim look at cost of performance on actual thinkpads

Attached: 1538299854263.png (360x594, 325K)

>polling rate
are you a counter strike player or something, it actually is smooth for me

based modern thinkpad chad

Oh look, is another "im a retard who thinks neckbeards can keep a company afloat if they keep making my shitty tech gadgets" episode.

>T420
>Destroy your back
S*y detected.

>It's just lelnovo's way to capitalize on the disgruntled iToddlers by doing a toastertop that is as shit as a fruittop, building on the reputation of their "think___" branding
>without actually fucking the ThinkPad brand.
Our autismpads will be fine, you fucking retard alarmists.

A T420 was destroying your back? My pajeet coworker carries TWO W530s with him daily in his backpack.

>ask people what they want
>do the exact opposite for years on after

Lenovo is literally garbage.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

God that keyboard looks like cancer

I got one latitude to replace my aging Thinkpad. Pretty good and based device. Average keyboard, worse than think pad however better than all Current cancer keyboards

>but moooooom 1ms latency is too much for my professional esports!

>when the Thinkpad Edge is not low end enough