Why does HP refuse to make a gaming laptop with the design of the Spectre?

Why does HP refuse to make a gaming laptop with the design of the Spectre?

Attached: hp-spectre-001.jpg (858x483, 20K)

Fucking look at it!

Attached: hp-spectre-002.jpg (858x483, 39K)

go back to /v/

It's glorious!

Attached: hp-spectre-003.jpg (832x468, 25K)

>Gaming laptop
Because the target demographic for those piles of shit don't want nice classy laptops that are thin, light, and pleasant to use. They want big neon LEDs and don't care how monstrously big their laptop is, they want to play Overwatch in class

Well, if HP upgraded the specs on the Spectre line, it would necessarily become bigger.

I wouldn't have problem with that. I just want that design on something more powerful.

I'll never trust HP again after having one of those dv9000 series laptops years ago. Fucking hinges had to be replaced and the video chip fried itself.

because it would overheat and die

Looks like shit. My IBM ThinkPad looks better.

>what is thermals
I had to return a "gayme" laptop because thermals were hell fire. Get a decent laptop with thunderbolt 3 or usb-4.0 and use an external gpu enclosure.

Or get a laptop that has a light dedicated gpu or apu for better temps and better battery like the thinkpads, yoga's, or any decent Ryzen apu lappy.

it may be better but the spectre 13 and this are amazing design wise. probably best i've ever seen

Attached: original.jpg (1043x617, 256K)

>My IBM ThinkPad looks better.

Attached: contrarian.jpg (305x457, 38K)

>huge chin bezel and the back of it sticks out beyond the screen hinge
yea no thanks, for the price xps 13 or macbook pro 13 are just better designed in every way. no one is buying that shitty spectre

im waiting for the HP Icelake laptops to come out in june

Looks like a laptop for tasteless cunts like maybe a saudi prince or something.

Most laptops have shit TIM applications. You could probably increase performance a lot just by doing so. 15-35W + 35-70W is very easy to cool when it's direct die, embarassingly easy. It's just bad TIM. Like the XPS 15, for the past 3 generations goes from overheating at like 100C to 80C and no throttling after a repaste with something like kryonaut or AS5.

Also, Zbooks are pretty sleek already and they pack some serious hardware. HP could just take the chassis and restyle it in the spectre gold trim and call it a high-end gaming laptop. But HP's consumer division isn't too competent it seems. They're stuck in the mid 2000s while ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte started capitalizing on the "sleek" meme last year

+1
ThinkPads are ugly and have a legacy design form the IBM days and refuse to change it to avoid angering neckbeards.

HP's high end hardware (both consumer and enterprise) are beautiful and have dumped the legacy design altogether. They're not the same machines from 10 years ago which overheated. They're art.

Why haven't you dumped your T420 yet?

>all ports are on back with nothing on sides
literally worse design than apple

daycare is that way

Because games are for children and they make business stuff.

They look nice but having everything in the back of the laptop would annoy the shit out of me if I'm laying down with it.

You bought a pavilion. Pavilions are low end consumer devices, and those kinds of devices are always complete and utter trash. Business and high-end consumer devices will always fare better, especially in terms of longevity and reliability.

I just wish there were more options for Ryzen mobile in business laptops.

The "Gaming" brand is a purely marketing term.

The Microsoft Surfacebook Pro doesn't have this problem.

Because unlike Applel, HP's engineers have engineering degrees, not liberal arts degrees.
Thin, light, and powerful is simply impossible with current technology.

Attached: 1532125104342.jpg (1200x1600, 462K)

>thin, light, and powerful is simply impossible with current technology
You can put a six-core 2.9GHz base Xeon and a P2000 in this thing. It's less than four pounds, so if you're not a manlet, it's not even that heavy.

Attached: dell_mw94h_5530_i7_8850h_8gb_512gb_1451279.jpg (1500x1500, 168K)

>2.9GHz
sorry, that's the i7, the Xeon is 2.7GHz

Why do pajeets get so upset at Apple even when they aren't mentioned at all?

Attached: fat_man.jpg (300x306, 54K)

And xps has vents on the botton