Arch is the best distro, prove me wrong

Arch is the best distro, prove me wrong.

Attached: sa6jz1vo51y21.png (1920x1080, 919K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/LinuxCirclejerk
protondb.com
dropbox.com/sh/56j3v5g3be6mahl/AACCzzzm-9OUtPDBTWBdzdSRa?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm very glad you're enjoying your computing experience, user!

Ubantoo just werks, brah

but i'm not a special ed teacher

pointless exercise that leaves you with a system which needs babysitting every update, and with less packages than ubango lol

>arch
>less packages
Isn't the whole point of arch the AUR and being able to install literally any software that's available for linux?

Congrats for the transition user. Not here to prove you wrong. i noticed you have CS:GO did you play it already on arch? How does the performance compare to winblows? Read somewhere else that people noticed some input lag.

Enjoy your broken packages

hey arch bro

I'm outing myself in order to out you:

You saw this image today on r/linux.

Enjoy ur retardation faggot

i like debian but arch works flawlessly on my chromebook when no other distro i tried did. even galliumos gave me shit.

It isn't really. It's antiX!

I didn't reinstall OS since 2013.
And of course, it'a an arch distribution.

Quit lying, kid. My gut tells me your full of shit.

>systemd
Almost there. Try Artix.

Faggot

Eat my dick.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-14_13-06-54.png (703x325, 40K)

>everyone would benefit from switching to GNU/Linux

Except gamers, ppl working in video editing, 3d modeling, design ...

I can't. I like it too.
But to me it's just another distro, I don't go around showing it off, I do my work on it and get off.

Attached: Screenshot_20190513_215624.png (1920x1080, 275K)

Eat my dick again .... deep and slowly

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-14_13-17-01.png (986x654, 92K)

>i do my work
>screenfetch
The extent of what linux can do

There's more packages available via snap and PPAs than there are AUR packages. And they're more stable. I used to shit all over Ubuntu and only use Arch, but then I decided to use Ubuntu server on a server machine because I didn't want to babysit it, just throw a distro on it, install the services I need and monitor with Site24x7, and it was perfect so I moved all of my machines to Ubuntu

Not the same user, but I haven't had to perform any major maintenance since the switch to systemd, which was quite some time ago. Occasionally there is a configuration change and I handle the merge manually, but even that is rare. Instead of trusting your gut and appearing like a complete imbecile to anyone who knows better, you should try it yourself or not say anything at all.

>just installed my DM and WM
>reboot
>forgot to install a terminal emulator
I am going to have a hell of a time with arch

Attached: 1557052895096.jpg (487x423, 6K)

It's clear you were using Arch for the memes and not because you actually needed a bleeding edge distro in the first place.

Wholesome

Attached: 1524841767090.jpg (499x468, 57K)

Nah, I don't listen to memes. If I did that, I would have never used Arch at all because of all the Pacman breaks X, pacnew is shit and your configs get fucked, AUR is full of rootkits memes. I used Arch because it was described as being like slackware but with a good package manager, and I had used slackware for almost 23 years before I finally got tired of it and started looking for something more modern while not straying too far from slackware ideals. Apparently I missed the boat and Arch isn't like that anymore and the "Arch way" is ignored by the devs outright when it causes them an inconvenience. So instead of looking for something similar to slackware I decided to go in the opposite direction and found that I really don't give a fuck anymore about a rolling distro and that I'd rather have stability instead.

isn't aur a build script store? If you are installing binaries from literally who's I pity your life

are you living in 2008 or what

That's wrong, the actual answer is antix

With Fluxbox

>systemd
>best distro
Choose one

Just do ctrl+alt+f2/f3/f4/f5/etc. to switch to another tty and install it from there. Ehh, noobs...

Yea, it's indeed awesome.
Maybe not for professional purposes that require slower updates for crucial packages, but as a home, daily driver for computer enthusiast? Definitely.

In my experience it's one of the most stable distributions I've used, and the only time I reinstall it is.. when I've been switching back to it from other distros, lol

The ultimate redpill is realizing arch and debian sid are the best distros for desktop if you take a bit to read the manuals. No big ass upgrades taking hours, not need to fresh install. It just werks.

>Udindu
At least use Debian, Jesus Christ

Installed it again on both my desktop and laptop because I'm done distrohopping and just want something I can use indefinitely without further needs for reinstalling.

It's great for what it is, but it's instability will still bite you in the ass sooner or later. Right now the window themes on my KDE Plasma are broken for some reason and it looks like I'll have to do a load of shitty troubleshooting.

No it's not, prove me wrong.

go back to Jow Forumseddit

Attached: firefox_jZGyYJDl1C.png (1218x664, 491K)

Personally I run Linux Mint.

Not him, but csgo performance is a lot better on Linux for me. Currently using manjaro, and I swear I'm not making this up. My fps in windows is 120 iirc, while it's 200 on manjaro (on same benchmark test with default settings). Try it out yourself man, just remember to get the correct proprietary drivers for best performance.

you too.

install gentoo

Let me guess, you also call others fags that you saw in your local gay bar.

This. Just look at this faggotry:
reddit.com/r/LinuxCirclejerk
It's now painfully obvious where all of these shitty threads originate.

>systemd
That's it, honestly. There's nothing wrong with Arch other than systemd

No' it's clear he's a retarded pieve of shit *buntu shill.

truth

+1

haskell is broken on arch and they refuse to fix it

I've been considering going with Antergos for a while. Is Arch really as much of a pain in the ass as people make it out to be? I love the concept of the AUR

Attached: 1554282717201.jpg (3072x2304, 822K)

I'm not cool enough to run Arch but I do run Manjaro.

Nvidia drivers are broken on 10x series gpus. To be fair only Ubuntu has working ones, debian/manjaro/fedora/mx are all fucked up as well.

Why didn't you use Antergos user?

>Antergos
I didn't know about it plus I'm really loving Manjaro.

Oh and I like the fact that it is xfce by default.

Was Manjaro a pain in the ass to install like it was a couple years ago?

Not at all smooth as silk.

Thanks user I might switch over because protondb.com shows better compatibility with the stuff I play

I can't wait to get off this Nvidia GPU though. Fuck Nvidia's drivers.

Manjaro

Why Manjaro?

Mah neegus

Seconding this why is Manjaro recommended over Antergos and Arch?

Same reason Ubuntu is recommended over Debian. It holds your hand. Only to realize later that downstream distros can never compete with the original ones in terms of not breaking or shitting the bed.

What makes it better than the other ones?

i've installed arch this evening and got my basic desktop + programs running. sorting out all my laptop functions, brightness, sound etc now and this honestly feels like a complete waste of time

What would you rather be using?

i'd just rather all this basic shit work out of the box. I don't mind the de/wm and some ricing etc, its mostly just packages with a couple of edits, but all these fucking configs and dependencies are mindnumbing. I can understand the desire to have complete control but for me practically its just very tedious.

Use a desktop like everyone else faggot

Use antergos, arch based but does configs for you

I do, but I can't use it in bed
i'll give it a go, thanks. downloading it now

>sudo pacman -Syu
*breaks system*

I've been updating my portable arch installation twice a year for 4 and a half years and I never had any issues besides outdated signatures which is fixed by updating the keyring before everything else.
What do you gain from lying on the interwebs?

Attached: 1542748930966.jpg (500x354, 27K)

lel, your legit saying
>well it werks on my machine

You use Arch just because Gentoo intimidates you.

It seems to be werking for the majority of the people, though. What's your point?

>Discord
oh nononononononono

base'd.

This seems like a good thread to ask for some opinionated recommendations.

What do you all use for managing packages from AUR? I see you can use pacman -U to install directly, which seems too easy, is there a downside?

I was using yoaurt but it's been abandoned so good opportunity to learn more about package management. I like the idea of keeping official and AUR packages separated in installation and updating but don't know much about actual good practices.

>install process wasn't that difficult
>the scripts do most of the work for you
t. manjaro fag

>I don't go around showing it off, I do my work on it and get off
Uuu, how kinky & exciting! It's like your dirty little secret, your forbidden pleasure.
Is Arch a good little distro or is it a naughty one? Did it unzip its tarballs & showed you its packages? Did you touch them?

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, or Manjaro are better.

Attached: arch.png (1682x2684, 292K)

Gentoo is a meme. You're a child who regurgitates memes because you have no friends. You should probably kill yourself.

t. based Ubuntu user.

>can't even figure out where greentext is necessary
>ends up calling himself an idiot

>discord
>gnome
>virtualbox
why would you desecrate arch so much

Typical Arch user
>I use Arch btw
>The installation was so simple, I just had to run scripts made by other people without knowing wtf was happening but I felt like a true hacker!
>Nothing broke on my installation, for the full 2 hours that I used it! I swear! I mean, you guys don't consider a simple xorg fuck up a breakage right? LOL
>Windows and Ubuntu are for newbies! I'm a true hacker that's why I chose Arch
>Linux is so much better! I think everyone should jump to Arch Linux, I doubt that my 60 years old neighbor who just uses his computer for checking e-mail and news will have any hassles with it
>Oh, did I mention that I use Arch btw?
>Let me make a thread on Jow Forums and post on Reddit my fetch to prove to these newbies that I use Arch, btw

>xorg breaks
lolwut, all you need is the xorg-xinit package and it works

What kernel version you are running bruh

Arch but not up to date and guaranteed to have problems with the AUR.
Run by BRs that can't manage security certificates

My pasta collection for leenux stuff.
dropbox.com/sh/56j3v5g3be6mahl/AACCzzzm-9OUtPDBTWBdzdSRa?dl=0

Not really. Everyone who says that is making shit up.

Based fat hater.

fuck off back to discord, tranny

Install yay. It's pretty solid. Same commands as Yaort but you dont have to type a made up word like yaort you just type yay -S "package-name"

>things that never happen

It is.

You can reduce lag by removing composition and some other settings.
I personally haven't noticed any lag though.

What scripts? You mount some partitions, unpack pacstrap, install whatever packages and a boot loader. You're fucking retarded and just parroting stuff. Also I've never had Xorg break. Apt breaks constantly.

yay is pretty nice. It's based on yaourt I think.

If you do Pacman -U you won't get them updated I think(which means partial updates and broken system). Also you have to search them in browser.
You should always update AUR along official report.

Read the note on OP's screenshot.
>Looking back, the install process was not difficult at all. The scripts do most of the stuff for you, but even so I learned a lot.
As I said, typical Arch user, btw.
Also
>You're just parroting stuff
>Apt breaks constantly
Rofl