Getting a 240hz monitor at 1ms

Getting a 240hz monitor at 1ms
Have a gtx 1080 ti with 32gb of ram
Currently have a 60hz 4K monitor running at 4ms
All fine and dandy except I'm running it all with a core i5 3570K
Motherboard is only a lga1155 so it really can't handle the next gen hardware
So how fucked am I? Is the difference going to be like sex from jerking with sandpaper? Will the gpu and memory be enough or is the cpu going to fuck it all up?

Attached: incel danny.png (600x450, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pfxS2Z8PAUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ97Ni4Hb3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

should be fine, I had a 1070 running my 240 hz monitor
you'll never be able to go back though, you should just sell any gaming consoles you have while they're still worth a little more, because you'll never play them again.
cancel your xbox liev, srs

huh? what's happening?

it's going to be the shit huh?

I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP, I just got a slightly different setup

i7 2600 (non-K Sandy Bridge I think)
12GB ddr3 1333mhz

I bought an Asus PG279Q and a RTX 2060 yesterday, I'm awaiting for the delivery.

Will I suffer from a CPU/RAM bottleneck?

>So how fucked am I?
You are but only with these two really:
>240hz monitor at 1ms
>60hz 4K monitor running at 4ms
These may demand even more than a 1080 Ti. I never understood why people get these kinds of monitors really. They're easily as expensive as a GPU, possibly curved and that along with the size brings non-standard aspect ratios and abysmal black areas when watching movies/wasted space.
youtu.be/pfxS2Z8PAUQ

>1ms
>still falling for the grey-to-grey meme marketing
youtube.com/watch?v=BJ97Ni4Hb3c
>going for 1080p@240hz when 1440p@120hz with motion blur reduction (ulmb, dyac, strobing, etc) requires less resources desoite the higher resolution and achieves the same shit
i thought this was Jow Forums not facebook

when I wanted more hz and less ms I was going big
so 1440p with 144hz is the way then?

>1440p with 144hz
i'd say yes, assuming 27inch screen size and additional motion blur reduction. until 4k@120+hz becomes standard at least.

Attached: ULMB and BenQ DyAc.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>So how fucked am I?
Depends on the game, of course. You won't be fucked until you are on a particular game. By then, Zen 2 will have torn Intel a third asshole, so you'll have plenty of options. Faster than Skylake IPC plus 4000-5000MHz RAM.

rainbow six, overwatch, cs:go, apex, etc, are the ones I typical play around

You need a new cpu and fast low latency ram. Also try to look at the new asus 240hz monitor, some sites reported it can strobe at 240hz and that would be advantageous for fast games you mentioned. Still, Id keep 4k monitor if its ips without much bleed, 1080p tn looks like shit no matter what shills tell you.

> Also try to look at the new asus 240hz monitor, some sites reported it can strobe at 240hz and that would be advantageous for fast games you mentioned
the exact brand and refresh rate I was looking for
Strix XG258Q specifically
but this cpu won't do then?

1080p does look like shit....
well shit

depends on game, but that cpu will bottleneck you hard and expect dips often
also sorry, I was wrong, no monitor can do strobing at 240hz yet, it is just 144hz, no idea why it came to my mind, probably I read something somewhere about future product

if you play counterstrike or something similar you probably wont be spectating picture and colors, but these 240hz monitors are one trick ponies

what are some good strobing 144hz monitors

Either that asus or one benq I forgot the product number of. Benq has reportedly better strobing, while asus has better input lag.

Asus rog Swift PG27VQ seems good, less but still great refresh rate and response time for a higher rez
over $200 more though
yesh
guessing curved is the difference between wearing contacts and glasses too, to note

What monitor are you getting?

Can anyone recomend me some monitors to get? Im looking for 27" 4ks from a reputable seller. I was thinking thinkvisions but Im afraid they are a meme because nobody ever talks about them.

I meant that strix rog gamerx 240hz. 1440p isnt necessarily to benefit in competitive games and 240hz ones will have better input lag, much better motion resolution and allow your gpu to push more fps. If you are looking for more balanced monitor not just for competitive fps, 1440 ips is probably best bet. Buying any of them is a panel lottery, that is also true for tn so just buy from shop with good return policy.

Yes lol

The 2600k is barely able to keep up when heavily overclocked. Ive got an OC'd 3770k and most modern titles I struggle to get 60 fps.

Why do you post like a retard?
Anyway your monitor will be fine except aaa games

Excuse me?

excused