Anyone else ever use 3D glasses t watch a film?

I have a pair of the samsung 3D glasses. They're not perfect but they are kind of fun, esp for those of you who smoke pot it's probably cool as shit. For those who want to try it out, "Avatar" is by the far the best with the most effects including lightening bugs and all sorts of other shit that must look amazing when you are stoned.
I personally have a hard time watching the film without wondering what would happen to Cameron if he made a similar film about how the tribes around Constantinople should have banded together to repel the Turk invasion and whether Erdogan would have Cameron's head or his balls hanging over his fireplace.
And, just for a reminder, the "best of the young men and woman of Constantinople were put in chains to be sent back as a gift to the Sultan," Indians weren't enslaved and they had no great cities in North America to conquer.
But, politics aside, has anyone else seen a movie in 3d with good effects that they can recommend as worth buying? It's actually a good time to buy, since they never really took off so prices are probably quite god right now. And of course the copies come with a Blueray AND a 3D version, so you can watch the blueray version once you get sick of 3D.

Attached: samsung3d.jpg (336x150, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hkA9rz-1YoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Am I really the only fucker who has one of these? I'd imagine, esp with pot legal in like 30 states now, they'd be popular as fuck since it would be fun to see things lighting up all around you while high...

3D was a meme when it launched, and only served to double ticket prices. They never caught on in households for good reason. If you are happy with it, then good for you, but, despite being available for over a decade, they haven't seen any sort of mainstream adoption. This is because people would prefer the processing power to go to 4k/hdr instead of cardboard cutouts when you look at the screen at a very specific angle.

the thing is, they aren't cardboar dude, and the CDs are the same price with or without the 3D option these days. Some of them-- like Avatar-- are actually really fucking cool. I'm just amazed that in a country where pot is now legal, it isn't selling more since if I smoke pot, would def. be my fav thing to do...
If you smoke pot and have a DVD player (it may even work on xbox or ps 4?) try getting avatar and you'll see what I mean...

Do powered 3D glasses offer any advantage over passive ones?

>the thing is, they aren't cardboar dude
Who said anything about cardboard?
>and the CDs are the same price with or without the 3D option these days
The fuck are you talking about? Do you mean Blu-rays, which almost nobody buys due to streaming? Most shit isn't streamed in 3D, and cable doesn't transmit in 3D.
>I'm just amazed that in a country where pot is now legal, it isn't selling more since if I smoke pot, would def. be my fav thing to do...
Are you 12? Nobody gives a shit about pot.
>If you smoke pot and have a DVD player (it may even work on xbox or ps 4?) try getting avatar and you'll see what I mean...
I don't buy my media, with extremely rare exception. And I'm sure as shit not buying into the 3D meme. I wear glasses, and it makes seeing shit in 3D the bane of your existence.

>Do powered 3D glasses offer any advantage over passive ones?
yeah, powered ones def much better. I keep going back to "Avatar" since it's the only one that sticks in my mind, but as soon as you turn it on, the fucking...lightening bugs or whatever they are, they're all around you, it's pretty fucking cool .You don't need the $100 ones or whatever, the Samsung ones I got were...$40 or $50, and I was amazed at how good they were.
People always have said "it only works if you look at it from the right angle," maybe that's with the passive ones but for the powered, the entire space in front of you seems to come alive. All the better if you have good speakers so you can hear shit behind you in stereo.

>Are you 12? Nobody gives a shit about pot
If nobody gave a shit about pot, when the fuck is it legal in 30 states now as a result of a ballot? I haven't smoked it sinc eI was 15 or 16, but even I can't deny it would be cool as shit with pot.

>Do you mean Blu-rays
Yes. If you don't really give a fuck about movies, I guess it doesn
t matter to you, but I work in the film industry so the diff between..blueray and 4k is a big deal for me (and no, I don't "clean toilets in a studio," I'm actually involved in "making" films, though can't say what I do and you wouldn't believe me in any event.
Like anything else, some people with...games don't see a diff between 30 Hz and 155 Hz, but if you do it for a living, you notice..

I don't use 3D glasses but I watch 3D movies on my VR headset.

>If nobody gave a shit about pot, when the fuck is it legal in 30 states now as a result of a ballot? I haven't smoked it sinc eI was 15 or 16, but even I can't deny it would be cool as shit with pot.
Not him, but the "Enhancement Smoker" meme has been so played out that Half Baked made fun of it, and that was over 20 years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=hkA9rz-1YoA
Anyone who goes on about how something would be better on weed is, typically speaking, a colossal faggot or a teenager.

>but I work in the film industry so the diff between..blueray and 4k is a big deal for me
For someone that works in the movie industry, you don't know how to spell your format (Blu-Ray), and don't seem to know much about it. CDs can't play media in 4k. Neither can DVDs. Media, on the other hand, can be streamed in 4k (provided you have the necessary bandwidth).

>esp for those of you who smoke pot it's probably cool as shit
What a dumb monkey hired you? Do you seriously think anyone on Jow Forums talks like that. You seriously couldnt make it more obvious youre a shill. Lurk for a few more years then come back.

>For someone that works in the movie industry, you don't know how to spell your format (Blu-Ray),
yes, because typically i don't watch them, i see them either in editing if they are my own or in screening if they are not..

Attached: film-screeners.png (1108x1478, 2.67M)

yeah, I know, and now I'll get "anyone can those" and yet for some reason no one ever has them, since you have to be an academy member to get this kind.....

What TV do you have that lets you watch movies in 4k AND 3D, and how much did you pay for it?

>Indians weren't enslaved
put down the bong and read a book

>It's important to me, but not important enough to know anything about it.
K. Also, police your cables, bruh.

By the way, I just did a quick search and am not even seeing TVs getting advertised as 3D. So I have no idea why this is even a conversation. The tech is pretty obviously dead.

3D is great but unless you have a 3D projector then it's probably not going to look right. The stereo separation is set at a level that looks correct on a screen that's huge and far away, and it will look wrong if you watch it on one that's small and close up.

Basically there are not any 3D tvs being made for a few years, it's a dead technology.

I have, and they're ok. VR is WAY better. You can watch the same 3d movies with it, too.

£3k

Best 3D i have ever seen and worth every penny. Better than cinema to be frank

LG OLED65E6V. Pretty much the last 3D TV LG made before they stopped making them. At least they went out with a bang.

>OLED
Hard pass.

Attached: burn in.png (1366x768, 235K)

That's a meme at this point, i've had it for 2.5 years and no burn in. I have it on for at least 4 hours every night and as long at you're not a Jow Forums fag and have it on the news 24/7 it won't happen.

I watch all mixed media on it and tested it last week. No burn in at all.

>It doesn't happen to me, therefore it doesn't happen to anyone!
I'll tell you what, if you can find me where LG (or any other OLED producer) states that they warranty against burn-in, I'll be interested. Last time I called LG's customer service (which is admittedly about 6 months ago), I was informed that burn-in is NOT covered by the warranty, no matter which OLED model you purchase.

I don't claim it'll last forever. But most cases of burn in are people being total idiots with their sets. Of course you're going to get burn in if you're a lazy jobless fag playing fortnight 12 hours a day or keep it on CNN/Fox for hours at a time. But LG recently are using new techniques that doubles the life span of OLED panels

im so glad 3d died its was one of the dumbest TV memes

If they don't warranty against burn-in in OLEDs for a set amount of time, there's nothing anyone can say that will convince me to spend the money on it.

Meant for

I would need to purchase a whole new TV which is a worse TV than my current TV, in order to watch some memes

So no thanks

>put down the bong and read a book
Are you an insane person? Indians in the Us wre NOT enslaved. If you're talking about the Spaniards using the ones in Central/south ameria, another story but even then so many ied so quickly they never really were enslaved en masse. Thus the reason they needed to import so many negroes to brazil. As far as American Injuns, they fucking owned slaves themselves. You don't know what you're talking about...

>I would need to purchase a whole new TV which is a worse TV than my current TV, in order to watch some memes
i think it pretty much come standard on most post 2014 TVs. I didn't set out looking for it, just wanted a 4k TV but didn't want an OLED TV yet until they fix the burn-in issue.

how many times did you say pot here holy shit
is this a really bad shill? how do you not know this website is anti-weed?
get out of here you fuckin dildo

>>It's important to me, but not important enough to know anything about it.
You're some fucking pisser: "you didn't spell something correctly at 2am in the morning, therefore checkmate..." And if you really want to get into it, it's NOT all that important. I don't have anything to do with the production of blue rays, so it's none of my business.
I will say that the picture on them is far, far superior to 4k UHD you can order from amazon as a stream. Go into any store and but a blue ray or whatever your favorite movie is, then watch an amazon UHD stream and tell me you can't tell the blue ray is 10x better. It is, esp. if you're using a proper 4k cable.

Indians are from India you chode, call them native americans or just Natives if you live here

>how do you not know this website is anti-weed?
Is that really the best you can fucking do? Amazingly, you conflate this pace with Jow Forums and then the prostitutes here are first to run screeching to mods if anyone says a bad word.
I don't smoke pot, personally. But it is legal in ~30 states now, and if anyone is going to sit here and pretend that when they were 16 or 17 they wouldn't have enjoyed 3d (esp. with good speakers) and lights all around you, then they're either dishonest or trying to overly virtue signal how anti-degenerate they are.On Jow Forums.

>Indians are from India you chode,
I called them INJUNS. and I'll always call them INDIANS (feather, not dot) since that's what Columbus and the Spaniards called them. Let me make a wild guess about you-- you also don't believe in the Aryan invasion theory of India, despite s study 2 months ago proving in genetically?

>blue rays
Yeah man just double down, it'll work for sure

Attached: 153987978789.jpg (245x237, 9K)

The only use for 3d TVs is to play split screen games without the opponent looking at your screen

I can top that actually: Indians are Caucasian

Attached: 1460979104916.gif (257x193, 1.92M)

I used a vive once to watch a 3D movie. It was OK, but the resolution is just too shitty for it to really be good. Maybe with a pimax it would be nice now.

it might also have something to do with this being a website for adults, not teenagers

also fuck spain

i haven't watch any movies or shows much at all, no one will watch them with me so why bother rrrright? ._.