"Software Artisan"

> "Software Artisan"
> "Self-Taught programmer at 10"

Attached: 1518013724875.jpg (640x610, 44K)

both sound pretentious as fuck, but self-taught programmer at 10 may be possible.
i wrote pajeet tier programs in basic at the age of 12, in pascal and assembly at the age of 14, in c at the age of 16. of course my algorithmic knowledge was shit back then, but I can see how a child prodigy would achieve that (with proper guidance) at the age of 10.

>Self Taught programmer at 10
translation:
>10 print "I am cool"
>20 goto 10
>"Look mom im a programmer!"

lmao, i started learning HTML at about 9. Was on hackthissite. That's what I imagine people who say shit like that did.. or they copy/pasted myspace themes.

this literal autist used to make little videogames for himself at my school when I was 12. I wonder where he's at now (i'm 26)

>be so insecure about your interests you feel the need to cringe at what 10-year-olds say

You knew assembly by age 14?

Let him LARP in peace, user

zoomers

I made little videogames when I was 12. I'm 26 now.

Probably making more money than you and leading a fulfilling enough life that he's never needed Jow Forums.

Why do people not know what LARP means? Like is it that hard to google the difference between RPing and LARPing? Are people just intellectually incapable of comprehending it? Like what about it compels you to use a factually and literally incorrect term?

That wasn't even unusual until recently.

We know what it means, we just use it because
a. it makes people like you mad
b. nobody else gives a shit

No you don't, you're retroactively justifying it. That's like being wrong about something, and when someone confronts you about being wrong you wrong with
>u mad
It's akin to pretending to troll to save face. You are doing literally what you probably laughed at others about 10 years ago, except in today's culture.

u mad

t. mad child

I learned basic level C by reading through one of those large language manuals and playing around with an old borland development suite at the age of 11 or something like that, and did similar things with java in 7-9th grade, so 13-15 years of age. I remember wanting to be a developer at Nokia.

oh well.

Checked.
No one cares about the difference here. The meaning of LARP, even if it has been changed, is completely understood by users of this board.

Don't be so uptight, user. "LARPing" sounds better than "roleplaying" anyway.

Digits don't lie, degenerates.
It is time for you to go back.

Isn't 10 to 13 when a lot of people start? I vaguely remember hearing Stallman saying something like this.

I don't know what a "software artisan" is but I learned to program at 12 by reading and practicing all exercises on a C# book I found and that's how I started. Sure I had no theoretical knowledge or good programming practices but that was how I got into it.

I have known guys who started developing earlier than that and we are doing pretty well now that we are in our 20's. At least better than freshmen who learned everything in college and have no experience. Working at an early age and through college beefs up your CV and being able to demonstrate expertise will land you senior positions before graduating.

The point isn't when you started programming.
If you need to put something like this on your resume that means you've achieved absolutely nothing during your teenage.

Learning and practical experience are important though, so how will you explain 5 different jobs as a Jr dev before the age of 25? you explain you learned and started working at a young age. I've omitted that from my CV and I still got asked those questions so its faster to just put it in your CV, specially nowadays that your diploma is worth shit and people lie about their experience.

>implying anyone will read your CV

Software skill isn't what matters, its the goals that you achieve

>Decreased latency from servers from 500ms to 70ms using profiling tools
>Decreased load on primary data source by a factor of 100 by introducing a caching mechanism
>Identified key vulnerabilities using x tool
etc

Attached: patmorin.png (221x173, 58K)

If your employer aint a pajeet they will more likely than not read your CV and peek at your repos. If no one has ever checked your CV, asked you to solve coding challenges on interviews and looked at your GitHub, you haven't applied to a serious non-codemonkey position.

Tell me your secrets on reducing latency.
I don't play vidya anymore but my desire to know how other faggots from my third world country got insanely high speeds still stands.

U mad

Not him, but they literally teach it in schools here

Fresh college grads are getting mad at technologically gifted children now? Do you feel inadequate when a literal child has more drive to teach himself than you do?

Retard, you are confusing programmer with problem solver. Any retard can learn to use a programming language, what retards can't into is solving problems though.
>I wish faggots would realize this.

Attached: stupid-fuck.jpg (474x260, 24K)

hey retard. no one cares

Also because LARP makes phoenetical sense as opposed to RP which has no vowels

>i learned programming at -9 months old hurrr durrr im so fucking smart