Is there any major difference between DVI and HDMI output besides HDMI having audio?

Is there any major difference between DVI and HDMI output besides HDMI having audio?

Attached: 61ZRTQ4i0WL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 14K)

dvi will rape your mother

yikes

Max available bandwidth

So 1920x1080 @ 60Hz will be the same with both inputs?

HDMI is proprietary

hdmi is digital only

everything after 2013 is dvi-d so both of them are purely digital

The fuck are you on about? Learn to DuckDuckGo, degenerate.

HDMI is standardized and requires a licensing fee to use (paid by the manufacturer). This "guarantees" that it will work according to the standard version.

DVI uses the same technology, but is able to be driven as high as both devices can take it. That's why early 120Hz monitors used DL-DVI which went way beyond original spec. DVI is capable of transmitting audio, at least on nVidia hardware a simple electrical DVI-HDMI converter will get you audio on a TV.

Yes, it is the same technology and the resolution is both within DVI and HDMI spec. Even HDCP will work.

Stop shilling DDG this is not reddit fag.

Thank you user

the red white and yellow wifi cables are the red-headed-step child and will ask for you to please please remember them in your list of 'please use me user' assortments

165 MHz bandwidth for single link dvi, 2x200MHz for dual link.
HDMI is single link but higher bandwidths, depending on version.

that's right, jus t go and searx.me them on your own user, sheesh

Thanks Anons, just picked up this monitor for $30 NZD

Attached: Screenshot_20190514_210129_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x2340, 481K)

is this a p2350?

s23b300b

Display Port > *

t. google

DVI > HDMI > D(ouble)isplayP(enetrated)ort > *

no its
VGA > DVI-A > DVI-D > displayport > HDMI

>OLDER IS BETTER!11

I believe both AMD and Nvidia allow for audio over DVI but they may use different methods. Audio was never a standard part of DVI so its up to manufacturers on how to add it.

Audio over DVI isn't a "standard" but manufactures know that DVI to HDMI was going to be popular, so it was added into some chipsets. It's usually not indicated or advertised.

My Dell 790 has only DP++. If you go from DP - > DVI D - > HDMI, audio will come threw and it will be recognized as a threw put device.

DVI has too many types of plugs.