Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: angel.jpg (2400x1800, 350K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/thread/70866823/#70879044
leafletjs.com/examples/choropleth/
pastebin.com/4SbfgHhu
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18564-youtube-nsfw
rarlab.com/download.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just jailbroke my iPhone 8+ running iOS 12.1. What's the point? I just wanted to hopefully get a good Jow Forums app or at least download a tweak or whatever so that I don't have to keep re-sideloading TheChan. How do I do that?

Is it potentially harmful to rip those little pull tabs off soda cans when I'm done drinking and swallow them?

Been doing it for years but my friend saw me do it and looked absolutely horrified like I needed to see a doctor immediately or something. Surely they wouldn't make a can you're expected to drink out of out of something toxic?

Linux Mint refuses to see any public wifi made available dispite being available to my phone or other computers.
Do I need to get handicapped parking for me or Mint?

Nigger what?
It's metal. It's obviously not meant to be eaten.
It's not toxic to drink out of, but swallowing it? That is like eating the cardboard box when you get pizza, or swallowing the wrapper on a candy bar, only I would think a metal pull tab is even less well-digestible and even worse for your insides.

Hey, I have an IT class this semester, but this is not at all my major and I can't use a computer for shit, so maybe you can help me :
I have to draw a window with the awt package in Java, it should be made of a text area at the top, another at the bottom, and in the middle there should be a "switch" button, that when you hit it, switches the position of both text areas.
I managed to get everything done but that last bit. I thought that I could declare a "temp" variable to stock the position of the first text area, while I'd feed it the position of the second, then feed the second the position stored in "temp", but I can't do it because I don't know how I can store positions. (It has to be awt).

Attached: 1557358746165.png (517x396, 273K)

Hey guys. I paid for a website to be designed and hosted by a certain local company 2-3 years ago. Now my website is down and it redirects me to the index page instead. When I asked them about it, they said that it was built using an old language(asp) which their servers no longer support and now they're asking me to pay 300 bucks for them to redesign the website using php. Am I getting scammed here? Idk what to do. I made them give me the cpanel but I have zero experience in designing websites.

from my 30 seconds of research, it seems unlikely your old ASP.NET website will run with the new ASP.NET Core
the original ASP.NET isn't being developed anymore, so they don't want to support it, which is understandable
>Am I getting scammed here?
no, you got a managed web hosting service, it's normal to have to pay for this kind of change
if you want to choose what backend you want to use, you'll need an unmanaged vps. upside is you can run whatever you like on it, downside is that they won't manage it for you, you install and maintain everything from the OS up (they only maintain their system enough to run your VM)

>angel.jpg
His name is Pit, you faggot.

Attached: fc5c352fddf8c853ed416b10aa7a3893cbbc8a52.jpg (800x1040, 156K)

Are you ok, retard?

Cheers, thank you user. What do you suggest that I do? Give in and give them the 300 bucks? Use something like Wix? The website is just a profile of the company with basic info and pictures so I thought that Wix would be good for that and cheap.

I'm scared because I clicked on a dodgy link in an email.

I'm building a new computer and I'm starting off with a computer case, but after checking the "popular" ones, all of them only support 2-3 drive bays for 3.5 drives. And I have 5 HDDs. But these cases have a ton of "expansion slots" though. What are they? Can I use them to install the rest of my HDDs?

Or better yet, can you recommend me a good minimalist computer case with a generous amount of drive bays for 3.5 drives?

Attached: Kiriya Aoi - 00048.jpg (837x810, 150K)

Is it worth spending more than 10 bucks on case fans?

There's the possibility of metal toxicity (not an issue when holding or drinking from the can, bigger issue when directly ingested), and they can possibly hook on your innards (they're rounded, but it just takes a single hard edge).

also, do you just shit out pieces of metal
they might just be accumulating in you otherwise

Wasn't sure whether to ask here or in /mu/, but there's no thread for learning instruments there and not sure how the board/jannies will react to a dedicated thread

In UK, I've been on the fence for a good few years on whether to get a keyboard, pretty much only for use as a digital piano, not effects or voices or backing tracks etc.. I'm an absolute beginner but don't like the cheap shitty keyboards I've tried before (mostly unweighted, plasticky keys, shit sound) and am looking to get learning piano in general. Any recommendations sub-£350 that won't need replacing for a better one in a few years?

Attached: steinway.jpg (3888x2592, 913K)

any good free tools to batch convert .webms to gifs?

yes i know gifs waste more space, i know gifs dont have sound. i really just prefer them
unless you guys know of an android image viewer that loops webms instead of automatically loading the next file

Yes I know and he's a beautiful angel (with bulge owo)
run a virus scan.
pic related

Attached: they-always-say-okay-retard-they-never-ask-are-u-41931184.png (500x627, 133K)

>run a virus scan
I did shortly after, says clean. When I clicked on the link I got that read warning page about it being dodgy, not sure if that means I never connected to the page or what.

Probably your browser protecting you from your own mistake. I'd say you're fine.

You can get used to a constant noise and tune it out.
Now this is a stupid question.
Probably not. The default configuration included with your case will most likely perform as well as any other configuration you put into it. Only difference that you'd notice is a change in noise, and just getting large fans would cut down on most of that.

Maybe webmforretards can do that? Or ffmpeg plus a batch script.
Also, look for an Android image viewer that loops webms instead. Converting to gif is disgusting.

Which 720p monitor has the least input lag, highest refresh rate, best color accuracy, and has no logo/splash screen on startup?

I play old console games and they scale to 3x well.

Attached: tmp_31049-15457045066988687571404537971735.gif (464x381, 424K)

no luck. searching for it only returns the same forum thread 4 years ago asking the same questions with no solutions

720p CRTs were a thing.

I would've just looked at the program itself, but okay. Then it's a batch script.

>were
How about now? CRT will fail the color accuracy requirement.

Anyone ever tried Hyper-V for creating a virtual machine?

I'm at my wits' end. All I'm trying to do is reinstall Windows 10, but it just doesn't seem to cooperate. I posted rbt.asia/g/thread/70866823/#70879044 and followed their posts, but even after disabling fast and secure boot it still boots to my previous installation. I tried disabling the Windows Boot Manager for fun but it just took me to the UEFI.

Is my only option here to back up the files on there then wipe the drive?

How do I turn an ip address into a country or region? I want to make a map widget later for my dashboard, and I'm collecting ips. How do I render a map with shaded parts, and how do I turn the ips into a location? By the way I'm using React for the front end.

Anyone?

whats the best/easiest way to get instagram followers? for someone with no friends

is buying them legit?

Tell them that it isn't your problem. They designed it, they need to maintain it. If not, ask for the asp files so you can host the website yourself. How much traffic does it generate?

You need a geolocation database. They cost money, but some offer some free ones which are less accurate, but just for the country it should be enough.
Mind you, mapping an IP to a country isn't 100% accurate.

Use something like openlayers, leaflet or similar.
Leaflet has an example on how to color something based on numbers.
leafletjs.com/examples/choropleth/

You should find plenty of shapes of every country if you search for it.

Is there any updates that you need to manually install on a clean win8.1? I let it run on default settings and now windows update is stuck.

Might be the sha2 one. You can always use WSUS Offline instead. It has a security only option that skips telemetry.

How do I stop discord from jumping to my main screen from my second screen when opening ghost recon wildlands? Also, if possible, how do I force discord to start in my second monitor?

I have the files and the cpanel and idk what to do with it. It doesn't generate much traffic.

I'm trying to submit feedback for Nightly, but it doesn't go through. Since the page is abusive as shit I guess, it completely deleted all my text as soon as I hit submit, but luckily I backed it up in a text document from shitty sites doing this to me in the past.

It only says "There was an error on your page. Please correct any required fields and submit again. Go to the first error

This question is required"

But there are only two fucking fields, and not only does the second appear optional, but even after putting data in it then submitting, it still produces the same error as before.

Is my feedback just too long? 3,831 characters according to Notepad++. Why doesn't this shitty page just say as much.

uMatrix has everything enabled, so maybe it's missing behaviour somehow but I don't see how.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-14 Firefox Input.png (1453x763, 49K)

Never mind. I submitted a 773-character feedback kindly telling them to piss off, and it got submitted. So the only reason for the bullshit error is I actually exceeded the secret arbitrary limit they put on the field... so it returned an error saying I put nothing in the field at all.

Not that anyone cares but if you want to see my gay feedback, I posted it publicly here:
pastebin.com/4SbfgHhu

It's not interesting except that it shows how to disable buttons on the menu bar in firefox. Which was nice for me, since the bookmarks button especially is obsolete when you can just search in libraries with ctrl+shift+b.

Making websites is hard, you can't just expect everybody to be good at it, it's not like they're browser engineers or something.

How jealous are you that I finally got downboat privileges on Hacker News Jow Forums?
>Let the reign of terror begin

Attached: 1540607928529.png (1594x1360, 260K)

Is there a good alternative to the now abandoned Diskdata?

is it possible to pass ffmpeg arguments through youtube-dl?
I'm downloading live streams (live) and would prefer to gpu hevc encode them

that's easy enough from ffmpeg, but how do I tell ytdl to tell ffmpeg that?

anyone got a strawpoll-like site where you can copypaste a list and have that as a poll?
no time to explain

Attached: Bill.jpg (716x768, 79K)

It takes like 50 posts to get it.
The real question is why would you even bother talking with these people.

Yeah, I never comment I just read the headlines. I did make a submission though and it got so many updoots it pushed my karma over 500. I'll downvote any tranny and lefty shit I see until they yank the downvoter thing away from me. We'll see how long it lasts

Where can I ask for some advice about repairing gamepads? I have no idea if this shit is even Jow Forums related but the manufacturer doesn't have tech support for this kind of stuff

how repairing gamepads is any different from repairing other circuit board device?

Is there a program I can use to sort files that won't set my computer on fire?

no such thing, sorry

Attached: computer explodes.jpg (381x668, 144K)

hell if I know, I'm not a clever man. I just wanna replace pic related's rubber under its right side buttons but I don't know if it uses rubbers similar to that of an SNES and I don't want to tear the whole damn thing down just to find out. Already contacted support about this but I figured I might as well ask here too and try to get a faster answer

Attached: 71ndj4zMw-L._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 13K)

Thank you for guiding me in the right direction! I didn't even know what these types of maps were called before. Now I'm one step closer!

next time try googling that shit first, you fucking idiot

Attached: Capture.png (1184x740, 562K)

Want to get into a SRE/devops position, what's a good project that i could set up on my own to showcase my docker/kubernetes skeelz to a recruiter?

>shows irrelevant image
do you even look at the shit you post? hell, did you even read the post? I'm trying to find out if the RUBBER on the other side of the buttons if the same model (same fit, size, feel) as the ones used inside an SNES pad, tard lord. and no, the video shows a rubber, but it doesn't specify if they are the same or even compatible

Attached: df7c19ea-b588-48fc-bb8b-5b45526889ff.jpg (566x480, 54K)

>he still didn't understand what he has to do
you are too dumb to get help, sorry

What are the requirements to torrent effectively? Let's assume I do not have a seedbox. Is it better to have separate storage spaces dedicated to torrenting? Is it CPU intensive?

fuck

>being blind and still insisting on wrong answers
have on last free (you). don't spend it all in one place

Why do people on /pcbg/ advise against SSD partitioning?
As far I understand, an SSD does not care if it's partitioned or not.

Attached: 1537751969269.jpg (500x675, 101K)

I want to smell his Pit if you know what I mean

the video itself was irrelevant, you idiot.
>check the disassembly video of the controllers and compare
>check the forums which discuss that shit
>optionally ask questions to people who disassembled that directly

stay well, 90iq user. maybe one day will stop relying on spoonfeeding and learn how to research stuff yourself.
dumb and obnoxious is the worst combo.

Attached: spoonfeeding.jpg (640x640, 113K)

I've just fucked up fellas. I've formatted the system reserved partition on my external HDD. I was trying to convert it to ext4 and now it crashes any software I try to open it with. I know this is a linux format but I have been able to read/write to the disk in this format using Ext2 and DiskGenius. Now these won't even load when the hdd is inserted and trying to format the disk via my computer just crashes the window. What the fuck can I do?

nigger if I'm asking on Jow Forums of all places it means I already did my research, but most problems with the SN30 Pro are not the same ones I have
>d-pad directions pressing additional keys when held on the edge
>stuck analog
>random disassembly videos
>reddit threads on the first issue
the vast majority of content regarding repairs is aimed towards the regular snes model without any extra buttons, the FC pro or other 8bitdo gamepads, not the model I'm looking for. But no, you google some shit for half a sec and insist on taking the high ground because
>WOAH THIS GUY DIDNT LOOK ANYTHING UP LOOK AT ALL THESE GOOGLE RESULTS I DIDNT CLICK
no. fuck you. your kind is no better than kids on gamefaqs going on random threads yelling "this game suks" on unrelated threads.

Desktop died on me yesterday, kept freezing up on me in windows, ran memtest86 on it and now it turns on, but doesn't seem to post. No usb comms although it still seems to deliver power, no display out and the power button turns it on but it won't turn off.

Does that sound like a PSU or mobo issue?

>"Where can I ask for some advice about repairing gamepads? I have an obscure question regarding some parts"
>"Did you try googling enthusiast's forums or asking people who disassembled that shit directly?"
>"HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT I SHOULD GOOGLE, SPOONFEED ME EVERYTHING RIGHT FUCKING NOW"
sperg

good argument

This thread, /dpt/, and making your own thread on Jow Forums. Cycle through until you get it fixed. I'm saying this because I'm an EE and have seen other EEs in those places.

>try to argue with nintentoodler unironically

Attached: 1550390108175.png (184x164, 34K)

Yes, something like this
youtube-dl --exec 'ffmpeg -i {} -c:v CODEC -b:v BITRATE {}-converted.webm; rm {}' 'URL

Trying again, I'm having a bit of trouble with my xrandr config, sometimes when I boot up the monitors (3 of them) are all mixed up and I either have to run the script again which fucks up the backgrounds or just reboot a couple of times. Any idea what causes this? I'm running Manjaro and I'm starting it from my i3 config

Attached: xrandr.png (908x266, 96K)

Because Windows 10 updates eat a fuckload of space and show no signs of stopping. You want like 250GB minimum for a C drive. More like 500~1TB if you're going to load games as well.

This no longer works?
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/18564-youtube-nsfw
Can someone fix it or to bypass youtube age verification?

Attached: Bonkuramenn-Cosplayer-Photos-8.jpg (675x1200, 93K)

How can I gain knowledge and experience for an IT related job as a NEET. Do I install and learn to use Linux? pay for Cisco exams? Some things like imaging which is pretty common is hard to do practically at home. I'm more interested in the hardware side of things rather than learning to code

aluminum = alzheimers

non-tech savvy person here

I have been having a blast with gnuLinux since you guys adviced me to ditch Windows, but i still need windows for my games and obscure software that doesn't have a linux version.

My question is: how far are we from virtualized gpu's? any future tech i should research? i know about qemu+gpu passtrough, but i want something like what we have on cpu's, where the VM recognizes the cpu virtualization capabilities and just works

Attached: 1522899678290.png (1471x451, 844K)

What do you use to make 24fps video not shit? With mpv, I tried --interpolate --video-sync=display-resample, and it seemed to work, but it made panning shots quite blurry.

Can someone waifu2x this image for me?

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (736x1104, 128K)

And this one?

Attached: chidori-kaname-Full-Metal-Panic-Anime-3832693.jpg (611x700, 134K)

Use hooktube

Is there a way to completely block a program from even checking if there is internet connection in Windows? Every time I want to use CorelDRAW I have to disable the adapter, or else I have to log in to a Corel account to use it. I already blocked it's connection through Windows firewall and I'm using TinyWall as well, but if I have an active connection, it detects it.

Every so often I hear my secondary mechanical HDD making a noise that sounds similar to a disk write and sometimes ends with a small beep like the motor has turned off.
I've set it to never turn itself off but it continues to do this.
Any idea what it could be?

Sounds like the OS just randomly accessing the HDD, you might have not noticed it before if it was your primary.

Any ideas?

Halp

Holy shit I haven't seen that image in years.

Hold on a sec, I got you.

I didn't know hooktube still works.
Anyway this doesn't solve the issue of the userscript not working.

Other one's coming up.

Attached: 9ace77ef-47d5-45d5-c50c-e2688d2ffdbd.png (1222x1400, 2.17M)

This one is a bit hard, the end result doesn't look good unless you go with 1.6x.

Attached: a6586bbd-f3d8-490f-c916-ae8deb4f058b.png (1472x2208, 2.9M)

I've changed the command for the LXDE tab from just "wpa_gui" to "sudo wpa_gui", but that just freezes the laptop. What do?

Try a different tscale, the default one (mitchell) is a bit more on the blurry end. Note, the less blurry and sharper it is, the less smooth it is. Oversample is often recommended, there's a list in the manual.

Woah!
Thank you, they look great!

Reposting :
>Is there a way to render pages faster in Firefox, besides the usual stuff like enabling WebRender and setting nglayout.initialpaint.delay to low values? Things like some dirty addon that tricks pages into loading faster somehow or anything like that.

>Just curious really. On average, it takes me between 6 to 10 seconds to render a page after clearing the cache (which I do pretty often, probably a very bad habit, idek how or when it started) and I don't mind that, but if there's a way to reduce that (i.e. a way to make Firefox work even better), I'd like to know about it.

Something weird happening to me right now, I have internet and most pages load, but a bunch of other pages don't, is it a problem of the internet, my computer, or all these sites got deleted just today at the same time?

where can I get a copy of winrar?

rarlab.com/download.htm

Hey thanks, that did the trick.

Best way to recieve payment over the internet without getting doxxed to shit ?

Attached: 1557442207782.jpg (797x1394, 726K)