The transistor is the greatest achievement of humankind

The transistor is the greatest achievement of humankind.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: 41x2l4EmURL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Losev
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nope, you're right
now let's fuck, big boy

It's all down hill from here.

sliced bread

>not cheese or beer

Attached: Julius_Cheeser.jpg (400x350, 41K)

>beer

Attached: 67b.jpg (600x450, 78K)

I'd argue basic sanitation is (most of) humanity's greatest achievement

Electronics and interconnectivity are the downfall of human civilization.

Theres some cool stuff in math. The transistor isn’t even the coolest thing in its own field. Radio is cooler. The motor is cooler. Lots of things are better.

I've always thought it was music.

this, the toilet is underrated

Indoor toilets are the GOAT invention

Respect your elders

Attached: Elektronenroehren-auswahl.jpg (2468x1200, 488K)

>Thing that makes fortnite go boom boom is best thing all time
ya'll lil kids need a good 2 years hard labour picking potatoes so ya learn to appreciate the domestic-quadruped-drawn-plow (without it you'd still be starving in Winter and know nothing beyond subsistence farming/eating and gossiping til you get a chance to jizz in someone and die of exposure)
Only bad thing that the plow did was allow our brains to shrink slightly as intellect became less important to achieve calories and survive displacement

I'm more in the boat of the threaded fastener.

Actually that would be the mastery of fire, the discovery from which basically all other advancements were made possible.
Transistors are pretty cool, though.

>>>o
is that way. Take your LEGO with you, burger.

I think stuff like agriculture and modern medicine is more important.

na, I'm right @home

You must be 18 to post here

>he doesnt know to how to link to other boards
Summerfag please go

You should look up the Haber-Bosch process user.

>The only comprehensible way to survive adulthood is drunk
This is the absolute state of The West

The transistor will go down as the worst achievement of humankind.

>drunk
Your autism is showing. Not once did I mention alcohol.

based thunderf00t viewer

>Liking estrogen juice

Kill yourself nigger. Alcohol and weed should be capital offenses. Fucking degenerates

beer before bread

Literally who? Do I even wanna know?

anime girls

Attached: 1551306990704.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

I thought you'd probably say that. Just a chemist who made a video citing the Haber process as the most important innovation in human history. I haven't heard many people attribute so much weight to it, so I just assumed you'd watched the video.

>he means transexuals are the greatest achievement of man-(or woman)-kind

The greatest achivement of humankind was better farm equipment because it allowed people to innovate in other fields instead of farming

you should of posted a cute anime girl, but instead you posted a dumb whore

>should of
should have

Fire / cooking food enabled humans to be able to evole big thinking brain
Speech enabled us to cooperate while we hunted mammoths or jews
Writing enabled us to share wisdom and pay taxes properly
Book print enabled us to educate masses for basically free
Lightbulb gifted prolonged our days from 10 hours to full 24 hours
Vacinnation enabled us to be immune to almost all diseases which lack of brings
Nuclear reaction practically ended wars because now everybody has nukes so nobody dares to attack first

This is also very big discovery. How to feed masses with little effort.

Transistor is fucking nothing.

Attached: 1557521695031.jpg (1615x1075, 421K)

What does it even do?

>The transistor is the greatest achievement of humankind.
The greatest achievent of mankind is the written word, inturn the ability to convey, store, exchange and plan complex information and ideas

We could have a better society with computers using tubes, or even electromechanical switches.
Transistor is probably one of the worst inventions of mankind

... the greater achievement of humankind SO FAR.

Yeah, a 8086 equivalent would have a 100 square meter footprint and would gobble at least a MegaWatt to run...

No, the LCD screen.

She is smart and also not a whore. She only has sex with her boyfriend.

Attached: 1531703206239.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>wanting to live a shitty apartment than living in the wheat fields with your wife

So, like a modern supercomputer? 8086 equivalents would be used in national labs, universities etc.

Printing press

>She only has sex with her boyfriend.
of which she has many!

nonce

thats audiophile shit fuck off

everybody but the bassist

Attached: dbdf6fcd-s.jpg (500x713, 67K)

> america: we invented the transistor ... and we failed hard at trying to make any that were reliable
> japan: you yanks are completely fucking retarded.
> japan develops the transistor into a product that wasn't fucking garbage
based japan. amerifats btfo yet again.

Russians did it first.

the russians didn't do anything first, you poorly educated fucking moron.

Fuck Granpa and his Monster cables

Attached: 20171221_124914__50236.1513900508.1280.1280.jpg (1280x1280, 832K)

japan rarely comes up with anything really new

they're good at improving stuff other people thought of, though.

>thats audiophile shit fuck off

Attached: 1536252739790.png (638x558, 130K)

>they're good at improving stuff other people thought of, though.
indeed, very good at it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Losev

the wheel
fuck off

I want to buy 100 x 2N2222 for general purposes learning stuff (mostly logic gates and arduino). Are they any good?

Attached: basic transistor.png (244x207, 8K)

any component that is not made in china is a good component

Thank you.
That fills a gap in my knowledge.

I reggoment BC512 :DDDDDD

agriculture is what led to actual civilisations and technology.

Overkill for logic stuff. 2N3904 is the same thing but lower power, and usually cheaper. Get some matching PNPs too (e.g. 2N3906).

If you want to actually learn electronics then don't touch Arduino for now - having a magic black box takes all the fun and learning out of it.
Buy a book that will take you through learning electronics.
Pic related is extremely good and starts with the fundamentals then goes onto relays, transistors, logic chips and then finally arduino.
The reason you should learn electronics first is that if you start with Arduino you won't know what's possible without it and will just use it as a crutch for everything. For example in this book it steps you through making a house alarm system (with cooldown timers etc) with just integrated circuits. I think on the cover is also a reflex tester you make, again with just ICs, but I haven't got to that part yet.
You'll need to buy a bunch of components from AliExpress, the Arduino kits that come with a breadboard, jumpers and a bunch of components are actually good for starting out - just only use the other stuff and don't touch the Arduino for now.

Attached: makeelectronics.jpg (409x500, 56K)

>Alcohol free beer
>Pussy free women
Damn zoomers

And agriculture is useless without pottery and some means of preservation.
So preservation is humanities greatest achievement. It even goes to the point where humanity could move places thats barren of life most of the year, and still preserve what is harvest able during the green season.

Nah but I am a chemist myself and probably every other time this came up the chemists in my friends circle all say Haber-Bosch so I think it's a work disease.

If you need drugs to be illegal, they should be decided on physical and mental harm.

People who drink beer are either boomers gone fishing or 16-year-olds who feel like big boys.

The Greys gave us transistors in order to facilitate our takeover by Solid State Intelligence. John C. Lilly blew the whole thing open in one of his ketamine trips.

t. retard

Actually refrigeration is the tech that allows us to be this comfy, imagine having to deal with a fucking milk man and an inability to keep things cold other than burying them

imagine being this retarded

no way, the vacuum tube is,

all it would take is one EMP and every electronic device with a transistor and/or IC chip will be fried and worthless, but an old radio that runs on vacuum tubes would still work fine

It definitely is for the top 1%.
Faggots being too busy doing useless shit will never find the time to overthrow those with money and influence today.

imagine living and breathing the soi meme

>transistor
>not dragon dildo
wtf is wrong with you?

kek
Somebody doesn't get it.

Or like you know, most of the world...

agriculture was a mistake. Enables societies to support a population way too big than is needed and rapes the land, turning it into soulless rows of calculated mounds of earth. But none of this is really worth discussing because everything would be invented anyway, eventually. Or do you really think that we would just have to deal with the lack of wheels because some caveman didn't invent it.

chemistry has done far more. while not typically considered a science, even starting a fire with wood requires a basic knowledge of primitive chemistry. books became possible when people learned to turn animal hides into velum. soap became possible when people learned how to collect lye and bind it to fat. fertilizer prevented starvation. basic chemistry has done 100x more for the human race than all the digital shit ever invented.

Have sex

I think the greatest achievement was convincing the public that the holocaust was actually a planned genocide, and not just a few hundred thousand dying from typhus and starvation due to allied bombing.

Way more impressive if you think about it.

Ur mum should be a capital offense loool

This is pretty impressive. They also managed to convince the public that Japan attacked the US without warning or provocation, Joseph McCarthy led a fruitless witch hunt and created the Red Scare, the US lost the war in Vietnam, blacks were not better off than whites in the US in the 1920's and 30's in spite of Jim Crow, the Nazis vanished from European politics without a trace, nuclear weapons can level entire cities and pollute entire states with fatal levels of radiation, Communists did not succeed in taking over the left wing of western politics in the 1960's, social media does not cause severe mental disorders, and cell phone towers do not sterilize men and disrupt brain waves. I almost don't hate them.

>I almost don't hate them.
Key word there: "almost".

Alcohol yes but weed? Nope.

Does Japan still makes the best transistors, semi-conductors and capacitators?

No, Taiwan is leading now.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Transistor, is in fact, bipolar junction transistor, or as I've recently taken to calling it, BJT.

That's a good general-purpose transistor.
I recommend the TO-18 version if you ever need to switch higher-current loads. This package can be mounted into a heat sink.

Attached: to18.png (136x191, 11K)

2SC5200 & 2SA1943 is basically the silver bullet for audio amplifiers. Made by Toshiba

That looks like the thermal resistor i used to measure tempersture on my arduino

Attached: 1460283923804.jpg (600x450, 37K)

>social media does not cause severe mental disorders

Attached: 1530838270638.jpg (200x303, 8K)

Hear me, lads, I have absolutely no fucking idea what a transistor does.

>has like 30% efficiency
>blows out and needs replacing every second week

It's actually a device that alternates currents on more sophisticated systems such as the Nerve-gas 5k model, or the Nigger Whipper deluxe.

Fire requires zero understanding of chemistry. It helps, but there were dumbfucks with nose bones that believed fire was a fucking spirit and they did just fine.

Attached: 7B70FDE799FB4CB4834D69CBBDF662AF.jpg (500x375, 60K)