Why didn't e-ink really take off yet apart from being used in e-readers?

>having your car wrapped in e-ink

Attached: 1557821854465.webm (566x716, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7NfX0vlCa4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

patent issues

paramagnetic paint is a hoax,
you retarded fucks will believe anything on youtube

>he thinks he's really clever

the thread is about e-ink. posted webm would be possible using e-ink.

Attached: 3498573.png (700x700, 21K)

>when your autism kicks in faster than you can read

no it wouldnt. they have trouble even making e-ink readers not have stuck pixels and bad displays no way they could make something like that

Terrible refresh rates unless you want ghosting all over the place

Achmed wraps his lambo in gold chrome and calls it good.

>that guy at the end using a grinder on his foot

It's really useful for low refresh screens nigger.

guys on the food packaging industry, greeting cards, street ads, those labels at the supermarket, they're the ones who masturbate at e-ink.

dumb nigger retard.

Sure, bud. Just like how oled is the, devil.

Excuse me, what?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (559x715, 64K)

Remember Pebble? Shit was soulful as fuck.
E-ink as a watch display = best idea ever. Btw, are there any other similar projects since Pebble is sold to Fitbit?

Attached: 2019-05-15-04-17-15.jpg (1000x667, 100K)

You made the effort of typing out all those appliances where it still didn't really show up noticeably.

patent issues probabelly.

The guy didn't even bother to remove the orange color from the rims.

stupid cuckbox gimmick that will just make your car more expensive

You don't need to refresh a solid color, which is why e-ink is used in things like this and digital signs

>they have trouble even making e-ink readers not have stuck pixels
Not really even that big a problem on the scale of a car unless you look real close, and then you just refresh the whole display.
Not sure your definition of bad display.

is his foot ok?

it's shit tier nigger tech

fake and gay

How does this work with car registration? How is this allowed by the police force?

Probably no different to getting your car wrapped.

Kek

this is what license plates are for. If your state/country has restrictions on painting a car, then you live in a police state.
fuck you and your CRTs, my blacks, color accuracy, and power efficiency are wonderful.

Because it's not good for active displays and is expensive, you can buy an e-ink android tablet though

youtube.com/watch?v=7NfX0vlCa4k

>Why didn't e-ink really take off
millions of e-ink devices sold around the world. what are you talking about?

>>having your car wrapped in e-ink
It's all fun and games until you get rock chips, bird shit, or some asshole just keys your shit.
Car paint is designed to put up with a ton of shit, and has come a long way from what it was in the 70s & 80s, especially on higher end cars.

Seconding for interest

It's the Jow Forums mantra of retardation: "I don't use it so it has not taken off"

Lurk moar

The only smartwatch I'd be interested in getting is one with a simple e-ink display, a replaceable battery (not some glued in lithium cell that's going to wear out in a year or two), and a completely open programming environment. Bluetooth and fitness/health sensors are nice but not necessary.

If that exists somewhere I'd be all over it, but as far as I know the closest (post Pebble, rip) is Fitbit which is still proprietary and wants to connect back to phone/cloud components.

Cool tho

Tbqh porkies that can afford Lamborghini don't care about other things

What is this last frame?

Attached: 1541086695244.png (604x754, 301K)

No they were not e-ink, rather a transflective lcd display similar to a gameboy. Its a common misconception, the info is online im just too lazy to post it

I've seen it used in shops for price tags instead of paper. But mainly it's really dull and the refresh rate is awful so what kind of applications would you have for that?

He has chosen to skip a pumice stone and opted for the sander. Must be quite the case of calluses! If not, light contact applied shouldn't remove fresh, non-dried skin.

>e ink ad billboards
its like you want to live in USSR

How would that be any different than the existing LED ones?