Does anyone use TempleOS? I'm trying it out now and holy shit, does it look amazing...

Does anyone use TempleOS? I'm trying it out now and holy shit, does it look amazing. It seems to have a true HyperDoc system called DolDoc. It has a pretty good file manager, window manager (with tiling), it's well-documented, it has a good global search feature, and if you ever feel lost, all you need to do is press and it will provide you with a passage from the Bible. It's hard to comprehend that someone could've built all of this by himself.

Attached: TempleOS_1.png (640x480, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Despite the memes templeOS is allegedly actually not that bad

>Despite the memes

don't confuse bot spamming with memes

I don't see why you should have low expectations just because something is a meme. Memes are oftentimes works of art. Just look at Gentoo and In the Aeroplane over the Sea.

Oh yeah, here's a good read about it: codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

i've heard its garbage, and its what I'd expect from a schitzo, RIP terry.

But it's not. Whoever made that claim probably compared it to a modern linux distro, which it is not designed to compete with.

it accomplishes being the modern commodore 64 very effectively

>It's hard to comprehend that someone could've built all of this by himself.
it sounds like a high-school project
windows? with tiling? wow, that sounds tough

Why don't you make your own operating system written in your own programming language then if it's so easy you CIA nigger?

>It's hard to comprehend that someone could've built all of this by himself.

Maybe no-one built it, maybe it popped into existence spontaneously with no creator?

It's a pointless waste of time

don't forget he wrote the mother fucking compiler without any CIA nigger bullshit

is writing a compiler with CIA nigger bullshit easier?

That was interesting to read. I knew TempleOS did some special things, but I didn't realise how far he had gone with it. DolDoc is something I would use every day.

And posting on an african mudcake baking forum isn't?

>what did he mean by this

kek

it’s not, you just have nowhere near the skill to complete such a project

One of the main reasons I want to get into programming is because the current way of doing things just seems so needlessly complicated and deliberately burdensome. It seems like Terry had the same philosophy.

Fuck, now I want to make my own OS.

Attached: 1551348927472.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

how about you write a fucking compiler don't need no bullshit GCC and get cucked from the fat jew like linus did terry wrote his own fuckin compiler you filthy gorilla nigger

Just start making it user, you will not regret it :)

that was an enjoyable read, big thanks user

>One of the main reasons I want to get into programming is because the current way of doing things just seems so needlessly complicated and deliberately burdensome
this is the classic programmers "mount stupid"
you're a beginner, you understand little, you see a complicated codebase and you think "I don't understand this. Could I be wrong, or the people who wrote it?" And you naturally assume it's them. Things are complicated for a reason. It's true that 90% of codebases are more complicated than they need to be, but even perfectly engineered code that does something non-trivial is still complicated and as a beginner you can't even tell which is which. TempleOS is a toy operating system that doesn't do anything practical. If it was practical it would be just as complex as everything else on the market

I've written a compiler without GCC but I'm pretty sure that's what college kids do these days so I don't think it's very bragworthy

>thinking pajeet code monkeys could write a better OS than God's own scribe

Attached: 1512183233284.png (373x204, 24K)

You can. I'm going to use it purely for writing.