tuesday edition

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Attached: 1547691363707.jpg (1500x997, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobudget.com/product/VE/MonkPlus
youtu.be/KZMeIx42pvA
audiobudget.com/product/RevoNext/QT3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

prev

bump for evening crew

1 week ago y'all said KZ ZSN is the current meme. Now its T2 fucking hell.

T2 has been the meme for a year now

ZSN is the fun meme, while T2 is the balanced meme.

what’s the /actually sounds good & comfortable to wear/ meme?

It's pretty subjective user.
ZSNs hang on to your ears a lot more, and are lighter that the bulky T2s, but T2s sounds better (which is again subjective).
Use the template user.

1. True earbud (not IEM)
2. As flat as possible
3. Good, accurate treble. Absolutely no obnoxious +9db 4-9k ish spike above the bass/mids like some shit has but it can’t be too recessed either.
4. Less than 30ish USD preferably.

Does it exist? I love my VE Monk Plus for music but they’re too muffled/boomy to track footsteps in games. My KZ ATE S work great in games, I just want something like them that doesn’t make my ears itchy after 5 mins.

For comparison: FR of monk pros: audiobudget.com/product/VE/MonkPlus

The fuck is that graph. This is exactly why we don't trust retard slav boomer. Also how are monks boomy. They are bass light and have some pretty good mids/highs for the price.

Attached: monksfr.png (1350x700, 69K)

I thought fancy cables were 100% placebo but I can definitely tell a difference between the stock cable for my CCA C16 and this aftermarket cable from AliExpress. This silver plated cable makes them much brighter, which I don’t like. IMO the bass is the weakest part of the C16, like almost every other balanced armature IEM.

Attached: 5D6BC0C9-33EB-4789-90B0-7F17B3D1485F.jpg (4032x2270, 2.72M)

stock KZ/CCA cables are shit. What you're hearing is a difference in cable impedance. If you get a higher end cable you'll hear no difference.

It’s really hard to graph earbuds unless you have one of those $10-20k head simulators.

Yeah the graph I posted is by Inner Fidelity who has a rig I trust. Idk why Igor even put a graph because 1) he doesn't calibrate his rig and 2) he doesn't have a good rig. Compare his graphs to someone like Crin's and you'll see.

>Your Budget
50usd
>Your Location
Chile
>Wired/wireless
Wireless
IEM/whatever it works
>Sound signature
Don't really care, but mainly for rock/shoegaze/new wave
>Past IEMs
Only cheap local shit

She's cute. She reminds me about my ex ;_;

QCY QS1 or Xiaomi Airdots?

you've said so before

Any recommended silicone tips, should I just go ahead and get a couple of pairs of medium and large spinfits and be done with it? I usually use foam but like to have options.

Or newbee silicones

EMX500
fuckin $5 on aliexpress my guy

>budget
30$ Amazon GC
>location
see budget
I mostly listen to prog, doom/drone metal and shoegaze, i had a pair of those panasonic memebuds but i found them uncomfortable and all i need is something to use when going outside tbqh. Any recs?

Are spinfits worth it?

> amazon
cant help you there aliexpress 4 lyfe
no i pay 10bucks for 24 foams tips [that actually fucking fit my ears] and roughly 41 cents a tip.... and i get about a month out of them ....

they might be if they work with your ears, i can never get them to seal properly in my right ear
>no i pay 10bucks for 24 foams tips [that actually fucking fit my ears] and roughly 41 cents a tip.... and i get about a month out of them ....
wow you pay $10 for a pack of foam tips that last a year vs $10 for a pack of silicone tips that will last forever

Picked up the QS1 for £16 from a UK eBay seller so not much waiting, as opposed to like £27 for the airdots which don't get much better reviews.

This video made me pull the trigger on the QS1:

youtu.be/KZMeIx42pvA

>aliexpress 4 lyfe
lel

They don't have the same sonic properties. And 41 cents a pop compared to 19 buck for comply is ridiculously cheap.

I'm suggesting soundmagic e10 on the basis that mine refuses to die even after 3 years of daily use

Attached: 1512909672257.gif (728x720, 550K)

it's great, the e80s are also good

Just go buy 64 Audio then ya cuck.

thread ded

>Your Budget
~150$
>Your Location
fuck glow in the dark cia niggers
>Wired/wireless
wired OK but I need it for live performance, so a wired + something that I can wirelessly connect to my amp would be great
dunno
>Sound signature
dunno
>Past IEMs
none

Vsonic GR07

Anyone? Maybe some QCY QS1? Maybe a t2 with a Bluetooth cable? (Can I answer my phone with those cables?).

I prefer foams just thought spinfits were revolutionary. What's the consensus on the ali foams vs comply tips?

> < $40
>amazon
>wired
>wing tip preferred
>warm/full/bassy
>zircon rock
help pls

update
after messing around with them a bit more i've come to the conclusion that KZ ZSN are decent but still look autistic

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-152352_Samsung Music.jpg (720x1480, 455K)

Okay anons, I'm looking for something very specific.

Since I was a kid I fell in love with Koss Porta Pro/KSC75. I've had multiple pairs and despite having 200$+ headphones I still use the Koss for vast majority of time.

What I'm looking for is an earbud which would have similar characteristic. So far I tried:
- monks/monk lite included
- vido

Vidos, especially recabled, have been my daily driver for the past 1.5 years now but it's not as good as Koss.
Any recommendation?

Attached: IMG_20190515_162814.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

So I got ibasso 220 today and I'm not sure I'll be keeping it, in the long run (gotta try those changeable amps first) Sony wm1a was warmer and more energetica and musical, but I'm wondering if they are going to release a new model this year.

The dap is good! Extremely technical, very interesting to listen. I'm downloading more and more albums to listen, it's a joy, like you're just uncovering the music. Would recommend if anyone's looking for higher end powerful player that does streaming.

Bought some spinfits in medium, which is 12 mm width. I already have one pair and they fit perfect in medium, but I want to get some jvc spiral dots as well. Should I get m or ml, I find myself alternating between the 12mm medium foam tips and 13mm large foam tips often.

And how are they? Can you give me a quickrundown of how they sound?

TRN IM1 PRO is designed for live perf. If you can wait a bit an improved version with shockproof shells and drivers along with refined sound is coming out soon.

Are the Xiaomi Mi Noise Cancelling IEMs the best IEMs in term of sound quality/price? How do they compare to some T2/T3 for example?

absolutely inferior. Its good for cheap ANC though.

Then why are they rated with such high scores on thephonegraph.net and yet they rate those T2/T3 in a lower rating?

thephonograph is a shitty pleb consumer oriented site. Their graphs are shit and their reviews mediocre.

Thanks for the info. Where can I find better reviews tho?

Does it really matter what IEMs you're getting when you're looking for a pair of sub $20 IEMs as long as they come from a reputable brand? I've been looking at the Sony MDR EX110, but are there any other pairs I should be looking at?

There's no point for me to order from China because my country has started to add a bunch of taxes and VAT and shit to packages that are being sent from China, so I'd have to pay more in fees than what the actual IEMs cost. I'd also prefer to buy from physical stores to not have to pay shipping, and there's not a lot of options for me around here.

I don't really care about sound quality because I'll mainly be using them to listen to podcasts and stuff while working out.

Are those the kz zsn? How those sound?

that site gives off shill vibes worse than audiokosher

as a wildcard i suggest the Headroom MS16. they're 'open back' earbuds but the design actually works and they sound great imo

I found soundphile reviews to be a consistent reviewer.

I can compare them to the only other cIEM I have which is ZST.

In comparison ZSNs:
- Are considerably less muddy than ZSTs. This is due to a very noticeable treble
- Are a bit too sharp on the highs, I have had to equalise it a bit down as vocals. While soprans ar mostly fine anything above is way, way to highlighted
- have better midbass, but lower bass than ZSTs which works out for me with my depressing-ass music but may be a killer to pure electornic

Additional non-sound quality related:
- ZSNs fit better in my ears despite having the same foams. They are more comfy to use
- ZSNs are easier to drive, easier for my smartphone

Generally I'd give 2x ZSTs over 1 pair of ZSN :)

Thanks! I will try them out, I wasn't aware there are earbuds with open back :O

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-15 at 17.52.05.png (1690x1470, 1.41M)

yeah ikr???
but they work
like if i cover the hole with my finger they dont work anymore

>Your Budget
170-180$( 150 euros)
>Your Location
EU
>Wired/wireless
wireless
earbuds
>Sound signature
something that work with almost every type of music i guess?
>Past IEMs
none

Attached: 1556366993860.gif (230x306, 486K)

yes, T2 with a bluetooth cable
if you want something fully wireless then i'd save up a bit more and get the mifo o5

what player is that?
looks like the stock samshit one but not sure

So I tried using an equalizer in my phone(viper) and even before cutting or lowering anything, the sound is kinda dampened or lowered all over. Tried raising the volume a bit and it solved it(for me, at least). Should it be like this? If so, was it correct for me to raise the volume or is there another thing I should look at here?

samsung music with night mode (which is the best music player app hands down)

the t2 is fucking terrible for shoegaze

What about T3?
I'm using a Redmi Note 7 so when I saw that the QCY QS1/2 didn't support APTX I discarded them. Does those support APTX?

Look at some of the higher end VE offerings. The Zen kinda reminds me of the HD600 with its somewhat warm tilt and the Asura is pretty balanced with a slight brightness and very detailed.

MH755s are the only thing I'd rec under $20. Gotta find a good seller on ebay though.

i bought VE monk pluses
did i do ok

Stop buying into crinacle's memes. There's loads of good shit around 20$
It's gud

thx user i feel better now

Monks are amazing value for how they sound. Enjoy them.

Does CA even tune stuff or are they deaf? The IO graph looks terrible.

I wish I had a chance to try them out first, after sinking some money into headphones I don't like I feel bad about paying 100$+ for something I didn't listen to :(

755s are genuinely very good if you enjoy that rumble

Good sub bass but the mids are a bit too recessed for my taste.

Good mids are hard to find cheap, maybe T2 memes?

T2 was pretty ehh. Neutral with a bit of a bright tilt. Nothing spectacular. Final E2k is better imo.

Well well well what do we have here.

Attached: IORetardGraph.jpg (960x488, 64K)

Oh yeah E2K is def better, but they're not far off so it's a matter of preference

zs6, yay or nay?

KZ is terrible in general. The ZS6 is especially shit because its treble.

lol at your life

they're hollow as fuck, you'd have to be honestly deaf to try and tell me they sound good with shoegaze, then again you are retarded

Most of us run our T2 with bluetack mod in the tiny front port to dramatically fatten the bass up. Pretty much required for modern bass music.

Attached: 0b5afb4d-0e02-41c4-af71-1f629d7a3a1f.jpg (692x939, 116K)

What are the best cheap true wireless iems for an iOS device? I mostly will be using it for audiobooks and music while im taking a walk, so I don't need it to be sick quality obviously

>what do we have here
peaky trash

>AB graphs
bruh

QCY QS1 are the best in terms of quality/prize.

>use this mod that makes it shouty and distorted instead

Does the T3 can be moded? Despise having more bass, maybe a moded T3 could be unmatched quality.

Ah yes someone who is right in mind.
Also Oratorys graph shows they are just as bad.

Attached: IOOratory1990.png (933x640, 108K)

T3 does not require modding. I have a pair and with a proper seal the bass is perfect.

shit. the graph even middle fingers anyone who get shilled at buying it.

inb4 ken says graphs are wrong

inb4 launches Singaporean genocide.

what are you listening on/to tonight?

i still cant get over how good this combo sounds

Attached: hiby r3 kanas pro noir sndtrk.jpg (1200x911, 199K)

are these any good?

Attached: revonext qt5 iem.png (1459x716, 270K)

I’ve been sick and tired of the tyranny of eartips when it comes to making a seal, about time aluminum housing got in the seal game

Care to elaborate? What do you mean by "a proper seal"? How can I achieve it?

who knows ... Igor didnt like the audiobudget.com/product/RevoNext/QT3 and yet my QT2 hit it out of the park ...link ?

Do the E10s still hold up among budget IEMs?
I've had them for years and I do like them, but I'm curious if there's cheaper, better options.

Imagine the smell of her feet

>Your Budget
about 50$, can spend slightly more if worth it
>Your Location
Europe
>Wired/wireless
Wireless
Earbuds
>Sound signature
Has to have good bass
>Past IEMs
The ones I always bought and loved, soundmagic pl11's stopped being produced :(
I tried buying and soundmagic E10's, they where ok, but not as good as the pl11's despite being more expensive