I miss it

I miss it.

Attached: 1481740451032[1].png (1024x768, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4500331
pcmag.com/news/368371/microsoft-patch-old-windows-systems-or-risk-computer-worm
rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/
o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.6.0a1.win32-git-20190511-1b5c261b8-xpmod.7z
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
zone62.com/downloads/programs/windows-xp-integral-edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah

posready2009 is still supported, just install it.

sure xp was nice in its time, but going back would be entirely unacceptable. No modern software is being made for it and I imagine its is about to get left behind in codec support. It lacks any of the basical functionality that makes modern computer life enjoyable.

you realize computers do more than watch shitty videos, right?

POSReady 2009 got EOL'd back in April.

yea, but do you?

I did not.

You should EOL right now.

>It lacks any of the basical functionality that makes modern computer life enjoyable.
Dunno what the fuck you do with your computer, but the only thing I’ve ever missed going back to XP and earlier is the convenient and fast start menu search, otherwise it’s the same experience. Software hasn’t changed much either.

>POSReady
>Piece-Of-Shit Ready
at least they were warning us

yeah, hence why I can recognize that things have barely changed since then because pretty much all of the shit I do still works fine

So what you're telling me is that you've been doing the same exact thing for decades and have not moved onto new and better hobbies and professions?

I still use it. When a big exploit is discovered, Microsoft tends to release patches, even well outside of official support. This is why I don't understand people freaking out over Windows 7 EOL in 2020. Do you really think Microsoft is going to neglect 7, when they still push updates for fucking XP SP3, which is 5 years out of official support? And you know what? I bet this won't be the last security patch MS pushes for XP either. I bet they'll continue to do so for at least a few more years.

catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4500331

pcmag.com/news/368371/microsoft-patch-old-windows-systems-or-risk-computer-worm

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (800x800, 111K)

Attached: xp_patch.png (1573x236, 37K)

POS2009 stopped being supported last month, sadly.

...no, you retarded shill? I just spend more time running actual software on my computer than jerking off to the pretty shinies of the base operating system that has fundamentally behaved exactly the same since 1995. windows itself has not changed very much beyond visual fluff, more spyware and some tack-on improvements that while nice are hardly "basical functionality" that's necessary to use a computer, you can pretty much use any version without much struggle.

Server 2008 (based on vista, can run aero, 32bit variant supports 64GB RAM) is also still getting updates.

are you posting from your xp machine?
how many win7s (or newer) do you have vs how many xps or older?
what do you actually use the old ones for?

you're autistic but correct. Windows has barely changed over the last 15 years, and the most significant changes have all been for the worse, with the exception of powershell.

not at the moment but I post from XP+older machines all the time. I have a few UMPCs and netbooks, some netburst/k8/early core workstations all running XP that I rotate with some other systems just for fun, usually running the same or older versions of most of the same stuff I do on my win7/10 primaries plus whatever random old shit I dig up that looks interesting. along with basic bitch web/office shit I do some programming, databases, emulation and just random experimentation.

I like my 7+ machines, but if you forced me to stay on XP for a week I wouldn't really have that hard of a time at all. nothing's really that different enough to warrant calling it outright unusable, or even slightly so beyond external factors like less support from newer software that either managed to introduce a worthwhile feature or simply came after XP and never supported it at all.

you're right, I was too quick to be judgmental.
I personally dont know of any software I use that would work on xp, but all of the old xp software will still work just like it did. Alot of old stuff like cnc machines are still running xp just fine. us aircraft carriers run xp.
whether or not the new software replacements are better and whether the old ones are so much better that the make sacrificing the ability to use new programs or that an entirely separate machine is ran along side the current one just ot run xp and run the old ones are all different conversations.
I personally keep a hoard of old hardware and an archive of old software(including xp home, pro, and posready2009) because it just werks. However Ive never had the situation where switching anything back to xp was acceptable for anything other than nostalgia.

I was also overly jumpy, there are too many retards in our respective luddite/anti-luddite camps and it just conditions you to shitpost with maximum fury.

there's no way I'd recommend someone continue using XP as their one and only operating system currently if they can do anything about it since it's still limited in some ways whether they're artificial or meaningful to everyone or not, but if they want to mess with it or try using it for something serious I'm not going to tell them they can't either, it's still an appreciably modern and advanced system in the grand scheme of things, that supports enough applications and can solve plenty of meaningful problems.

>whether or not the new software replacements are better and whether the old ones are so much better that the make sacrificing the ability to use new programs or that an entirely separate machine is ran along side the current one just ot run xp and run the old ones are all different conversations.
it's all a bunch of subjective bullshit, I personally always have a 7+ system running that I can RDP into when I need to, don't find myself doing it much from XP but it makes for a nicer experience sometimes on old Macs and Unix SysV machines

There is still POSReady 7

Big if true

Whoa, didn't expect someone to post that comment. That joke totally doesn't show up in every thread that mentions POSReady

Not that user but I browse from XP all the time. The majority of my pcs run xp. Though the most commonly used is a laptop with windows 10.
I've got two Thinkpad Z61m's that both run XP and are both used fairly regular for RuneScape, music and web browsing. My Thinkpad G40 is rarely used but is a host to a few ISO files of other operating systems as well as all my bootable USB utilities. I have an AMD K6-2 based system running xp that's used as a really slow MP3 player in my living room simply because it's low heat output lets it go entirely passive without issue.
My current most functional desktop is a 3.4ghz Pentium D, 2gb of DDR and an agp x1650 pro running xp. Still browses the web and watches YouTube videos just fine.

You don’t even need to bother with using the POS version like a fucking retard anymore, Embedded Standard has an application compatibility image that works great.

is that why freeDOS and reactOS never happened?

Does it even support modern SSL? I know that SP3 got support for the most basic algorithms. Well, that, and you kinda can't install any secure browser. Not even Pale Moon.

It got left behind, of course it isn't going to support all the modern shit. The fact that almost 18 years later it still works for general tasks is quite commendable.

At this point Vista is just as dated as XP

the first and only time in Jow Forums history two people will apologize to one another

Attached: Space.Dandy.S01E07.1080p-Hi10p.BluRay.FLAC5.1.x264-CTR.[3214F799].mkv_snapshot_22.12.193.jpg (2108x1186, 957K)

FreeDOS happened. ReactOS is happening but very very slowly. There will be a compatibility layer in ReactOS to run modern software, which you can bet will be ported to XP. Supporting the ReactOS project essentially means the XP platform will get the chance to defy planned obsolescence and live on.

>piece of shit ready

>piece of shit ready
I don't

see

see

see >>>/global/rules/2

see

Apparently it's been alpha for 23 years.

Delish.

I think you mean TLS, and no. However, just because the OS itself doesn't have updated security cyphers, doesn't mean software developed for it can't. As far as Pale Moon goes, it has been forked, and named "New Moon" for XP. It still has weekly builds.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (636x455, 40K)

Here is a link to Roytam1's website. He is the guy who does the Pale Moon builds for XP.

rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/

New Moon's not an XP-specific fork, it's just what the Pale Moon dev requests unofficial builds to be named

Correct, it's targeted at XP compatibility, though.

>New Moon
Wait, what the fuck is this ?
My development machine is Windows XP SP2.
Explain how I could use it.

That fork is

Reread the damned post

It's a Pale Moon fork that is compatible with XP.

Here is a direct download link to the 32 bit version. It's portable, so just extract it, and launch the executable.

o.rths.cf/palemoon/palemoon-28.6.0a1.win32-git-20190511-1b5c261b8-xpmod.7z

There are other Pale Moon forks that do not use the name "New Moon." Arctic Fox, and MyPal come to mind.

>modern computer life
>enjoyable

Attached: A6E436B15C70404EBD00C203A8492BC1.png (291x378, 86K)

Yes but New Moon is not specifically the Windows XP fork. New Moon's simply a name to keep the official Pale Moon name off of potentially shoddy unofficial forks. The only reason I know is because some guy went full autismo when someone was porting Pale Moon to OpenBSD
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

There wasn't much point of ReactOS 23 years ago. The official Windows builds were good enough. Some people might even struggle to see a point now. I had never even heard of it before 2016.

The point of it now is to continue where Microsoft left off. There haven't been any major developments with the NT 5.x line since XP's SP3 was released in 2008. XP is dated now, but people still want to use it, or something very similar. The demand is there for ReactOS, and it is very slowly taking shape, but certainly faster than before.

The figure 23 years is irrelevant. These last few years are more important than the rest of that time.

Jesus Christ, what a pack of assholes. What License are they using?

MyPal was also called New Moon until the author renamed it. New Moon was supposed to be renamed too, but so far hasn't. The Pale Moon developers are pretty pissed off at the New Moon developer, because he's been so lax about creating proper branding for his fork, and users are going to the Pale Moon forums for support. But he's doing it for free by himself for the benefit of those on XP, so the Pale Moon furries can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

>life
>enjoyable

Their site says most of the project is licensed MPLv2

it's just an out-of-band patch because of how serious the vulnerability is

Yeah, it looks like they aren't the friendliest bunch anyway.

good god. are those legs or ham hocks? i genuinely can't tell.

tough call

Yes, it did.

I'll try it.
Thanks user.

More like POZready

Woah what is that version of luna never seen it before that looks bitchin.

where's the link to the .iso with every patch, vcredist and directx update?

zone62.com/downloads/programs/windows-xp-integral-edition

This is by the same guy who did the XP Black Edition releases back in the day. He just renamed it to "integral edition".