Fuck, why is it so comfy?

Fuck, why is it so comfy?

I hate so many things about it, but no Linux desktop makes me feel at home as much as Windows does. I’ve been using Linux desktop for years, but I still keep a Windows partition in case I need to do something that I need Windows for, and every time I boot it up I find it hard to leave. Everything just works, you have all the software available to you, and when you need the Linux environment WSL usually suffices and it’s just a click away. If Microsoft got their shit together in some aspects it could be close to a perfect OS.

Attached: 92B921F0-FF14-472E-B657-A8A299A23D04.jpg (1200x1200, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lwhMThePdIo?t=1683
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its not bad if you use it correctly. for example my winshit 10 have not been connected to internet even once since i installed it. works like a charm

>WSL usually suffices and it’s just a click away
its incredible that windows provides the best linux desktop experience now

This is where I'm presently residing.

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (1920x1080, 201K)

Install Gentoo

What do you do on it without internet? Just run Windows specific programs that don’t require it?

linux user: "ight, here i go.

pajit lmao"

Upon this spot of here I am currently and or presently placing my being within.

>sonic avatar
>grown man
>pic related

Attached: 819.jpg (620x400, 32K)

I'm not here to please you, faggot.

And with WSL 2 even the limitations WSL currently has should be gone + a new modern terminal.

>I hate so many things about it, but no Linux desktop makes me feel at home as much as Windows does.

That's great if you like it stick with it. Not everyone is computer literate and so they dont understand how to move fluidly between operating systems

>I’ve been using Linux desktop for years, but I still keep a Windows partition in case I need to do something that I need Windows for

Great, so you learnt pretty much nothing then when you used linux. That's ok. Like I said, if you just got memed into using linux fair play

> and every time I boot it up I find it hard to leave. Everything just works, you have all the software available to you,

My experience of windows is that it just works until a few update cycles later then it turns into a bag of shit that is tied around your neck and then someone pushes you into a river

>and when you need the Linux environment WSL usually suffices and it’s just a click away. If Microsoft got their shit together in some aspects it could be close to a perfect OS.

Oh I see now, you rarely used linux, it was just there for show and you genuinely believe WSL is a linux experience. Yes it is until you realise that WSL compromises security

Pic related, it's WSL

Attached: 1550952399590.jpg (528x800, 37K)

Keep the avatar and you'll never please anyone if you know what I mean.

i'm not sure i like the direction of wsl2, its a VM with all the overhead that goes with that - in their demo the memory spikes by 600mb. youtu.be/lwhMThePdIo?t=1683

my usual wsl setup is a few tmux windows eating less than 30mb all together, i hope they keep the old implementation around.

stockholm syndrome

I've used linux and windows without problems for years. I don't understand how you guys have so many issues. That being said:
windows desktop
linux server
bsd firewall

> What do you do on it without internet? Just run Windows specific programs that don’t require it?
Yes. Some people call them "gaymes". Jesus.

>Fuck, why is it so comfy?
It's not. If I try to go full screen from a snapped window, the media application I'm using doesn't goe completely full screen and is obfuscated by the taskbar, regardless of what media player I'm using unless it's the fucking Windows 10 Movies & TV app. It's infuriating to have to unsnap the window every time I want to watch a movie fullscreen.

If comfyness is like nicotine, then Win10 is the tech-equivalent of smoking cigarettes.

WSL 2 is coming. Where were you when Windows became the best desktop Linux?

I prefer Linux myself, but i dont absolutely hate Windows. I dislike what its become, but if you disable telemetry, and a few other tweaks its solid enough. I keep a partition for games that proton hasnt reached well enough yet (pubg)

But how would you run Game™ on Microsoft™ Windows ™ and the great protection of Denuvo©®™∆ without internet?
Everyone knows without the internet you aren't under the full protection of it.

WSL2 is like a saddle. Microsoft put all this effort & skill into crating the finest possible saddle for you, to enhance your horseback riding experience.

but you dumb niggers still choose to drive your damn cars instead

I wish linux had onenote. I would switch if it did.

I don't find it comfy at all. It's the definition of "corporate."

It's an amazing os as long as you remove all the telemetry, spyware and windows store crap
Otherwise it's unusable garbage

have sex

seriously

Pajeet Astro turf thread.

Attached: D9EC5AE9-AE8A-40E4-92DB-33CA911B38DD.jpg (500x573, 239K)

>OS that everyone in the world uses
>muh pajeets

got emmmm

Windows got a shitty shell, linux got a shitty GUI. They're better at different things.

I finally decided to update my rig from win7 to win10 + shutup10 and I have to admit, it's really nice

Attached: 1540095559142.jpg (437x471, 25K)

Jow Forums feels very comfy right now
it had been growing progressively uncomfy until right now where there is a sudden reversal and in hitting feelings of peak comfiness.
Maybe it's comfy because we've come to terms with its many shortcomings, but still accept how great it is.
I really have hope that it could be open source some day. Back when Unix started out it was very closed and proprietary, but now look where we are. People took it a step further and opened it up.
Does anyone remember the thread a few weeks ago where some guy was claiming to have XP source code? What came out of that?

which build ya'll running?