Was the Galaxy SII the last phone with a StripeRGB AMOLED panel? Everything seems to be PenTile now which is worse

Was the Galaxy SII the last phone with a StripeRGB AMOLED panel? Everything seems to be PenTile now which is worse.

Attached: PENTILEBLAH-550x351.png (550x351, 87K)

AMOLED is shit at first place.

Still rather have it than the bullshit LTPS or IPS crap screens

Now I understand why my friend's Galaxy S5 screen looks so weird

atleast ip doesnt ruin itself in an hour if you forget to check "auto hide taskbar" or watch video with a water mark.

This lmao, op is gay for supporting anti-consumer technology made specifically to be replaced in a year.

Attached: GNOME.png (140x202, 34K)

I used a refurbished GS5 for 3.5 years and never had an issue, it was only until the very end of me using it did I notice the faintest little line where the notification bar usually is
AMOLED is not that delicate

>admits that he has experienced first-hand that the technology is flawed in a way to support anti-consumer practices, yet keeps supporting products that partake in them
Cuck. An LCD wouldn't have had this problem.

I still own an international Galaxy SII with this screen, and I remember when the SIII came out the display looked grainy as shit.

I hated it back then and still hate it to this day, but it's become much better with higher resolutions.

This

3,5 years of use and the only thing that comes of it is a faint line
That is a fucking far cry from
>atleast ip doesnt ruin itself in an hour if you forget to check "auto hide taskbar" or watch video with a water mark.

Everything uses pentile screens now to counteract colour shift/burn in since blue degrades fastest.

>3,5 years of use
or 3.5 years of barley being used?
are you a phone junkie or did you use it so little that you managed to get 1 week for a single charge?

I replace my phone before the screen gets burn in. What are you poor?

Hard to say really
I wouldn't say I was a real hardcore junkie like if my phone was my only computing device, but it was used, recharging was once every 2 days thing normally, sometimes once a day if I wasn't near my PC, that was with the normal battery
The only time I ever got a week off of a charge was when I switched to LineageOS and a zerolemon 8500mah battery

I'm actually considering switching back to LCD for my next phone for this reason.
Even on a 2K phone screen I can still tell it has a irregular subpixel layout.

never knew about this, but looks pretty shit
you are basically decreasing resolution by 33.33% it takes 3 columns on pentile till the next blue vs 2 columns

Galaxy Note 2 was technically stripe too.

Attached: s stripe rbg.jpg (343x147, 15K)

Amoled is Jewish.

>no issues
>details issue

WHICH IS IT?

nowadays you only the get full resolution on green pixels with samsung "diamond" shaped matrix. That's why 1080p screen are ass on oled compared to normal ips screens.
now that's bullshit

PenTile is shit

If your screen is not RGB, kill yourself