Windows XP Security Update

Security Update for Windows XP SP3 (KB4500331)
Last Modified: 5/9/2019

catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=733f4cf3-da72-4e1d-b4e4-ffe0b15ae3e6

>Last Modified: 5/9/2019
>5 days ago

You CHUCKLEFUCKS never believed me did ya, huh?
HUH?!

NO! YOU DIDN'T!

I've said it time and time again: Windows XP will NEVER DIE! And there's absolutely NOTHING that you will EVER do to get me off of it!

This one's for the non-belivers: FUCK YOU!

WINDOWS XP WILL NEVER DIE!

Attached: saythelineanon.png (700x1400, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-ae/help/4500331/windows-update-kb4500331
portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0708
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>google makes OS
>3 years OS/security updates
>unspecified extra years for additional but more spaced out updates leaves you guessing how long your device will be supported
>only provides proper support for their own devices
>remaining 95% of devices have update management left to chinese OEMs
>some like samsung/LG will support devices from 2-5 years depending on budget or flagship model
>generic $200 chinese brand phones will never see an update, ever
>trying to gain admin/root access is like pulling teeth and near impossible unless you buy a high end flagship that will have enough of a userbase

>applel makes OS
>provides 1 year of updates
>then pushes 4 years of malware killswitches to your iphone and if you don't accept them your apps stop working because the security updates are held hostage by the OS updates
>every update slows down your phone by 50% every 2 months compounded with interest
>devices throttle, overheat, bend, lag, and explode and are about as reliable as $20 burner phones but at 50X the price
>you are a child or manchild and treated as such, you will never have system access

>microsoft makes OS
>no OS updates ever
>security updates every tuesday for 10+ years guaranteed
>works on all hardware with universal support from $20 Pentium 4 machines from last decade to new $10,000 workstations
>no fuckery to get admin access, you are the admin on first boot

>microsoft makes newer OS
>OS updates every 18 months
>same everything else

Why are they the bad guy again?

Attached: 1550915029445.jpg (1248x706, 115K)

because they ruined everything after xp

Windows Vista truly was the beginning of the end. Made only marginally better with 7 and then Microsoft as a company died upon their subsequent releases.

Windows Longhorn could have been so great.... Oh what did they ever do to go so *wrong*.

It's probably just a spyware update lol

Stay Strong XP.
It's like watching Grandpa figure out how to use a PS2 in 2019. Yes, it's outdated as fuck, but ill be damned if I wasn't proud.

OS built like a tank!

Someone at MSFT knows it, and is keeping the tank running. And of course it would need maintenance. That's the very nature of software. Godspeed, unknown MSFT employee. You're doing great.

Wow, he figured out how to press the power button, your family must be so proud. I bet you got a real special sticker when you learned out to press a mouse button.

Nah man, I got that Nigga playin FFX and he just reached the part where you gotta fight fucking Seymour AGAIN on mount gagazet. Of course you know how to win because you played it like 9 years ago. But your proud that Grandpa is even trying to fight him with aeons and shit.

>FFX
>not FFIX
ur a gramps is a faget

Call me again when 9 gets re-re-released like 8 more goddamn times. 10 was on the ps2, the 3, and the 4. Hell when the ps5 comes out I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that shit gets another fucking HD remake.

>ytmnd dies
>windows xp still getting security updates

sheeeiiiit

Not that easy today.
You need some good additional upscaling converter and adequate connectors to connect PS2 to a recent TV if you wanna have some comfortable experience with it. Most new TV either don't work or gives you cancerous display quality when the input is anything lower than 720p

Windows 7 is the perfect OS though

Is it the intel patch?

Wow, one update. This surely means it will continue to get full patches forever.

Doesn't look like it (that news broke today)

support.microsoft.com/en-ae/help/4500331/windows-update-kb4500331
portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0708

>CVE-2019-0708 | Remote Desktop Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
>Security Vulnerability

>Published: 05/14/2019
>MITRE CVE-2019-0708

>A remote code execution vulnerability exists in Remote Desktop Services – formerly known as Terminal Services – when an unauthenticated attacker connects to the target system using RDP and sends specially crafted requests. This vulnerability is pre-authentication and requires no user interaction. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could execute arbitrary code on the target system. An attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights.

>To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker would need to send a specially crafted request to the target systems Remote Desktop Service via RDP.

>The update addresses the vulnerability by correcting how Remote Desktop Services handles connection requests.

What can I say bud, 5 days ago. It's the year 2019.

Someone's giving it the love it deserves :)

vista >>> 7
fite me

Why do you think this?

I can't fault you for that.

>KB4500331
POSReady 2009 was not patched for spectre/meltdown even when it was in support.