I think Gnome is starting to grow on me

I think Gnome is starting to grow on me.

Attached: iu.jpg (1920x1080, 91K)

Attached: 1552948329839.jpg (1024x956, 81K)

>canonical logs your spotlight search history and shares it with amazon
be a chad user, do yourself a favor and install arch

Attached: LordKek.jpg (300x213, 23K)

>wanting things to grow on you
Disgusting.

Cut it off before it metastasizes.

Gnome is improving a lot, a bit more money is trickling into the project which means more developers. Canonical are starting to contribute a fair bit, etc.

With a lot of extensions gnome can actually be fairly usable.

ubuntu looks shit
fuck that gay orange

Arch/Debian Sid
The least of Ubuntu problems or any linux distro. Who the fuck bitches about the default gtk themes and icons when you can change that shit in seconds?

With a lot of extensions gnome eats like 3GB of RAM just using a web browser for longer than 1 hour. Why does this shit keep leaking memory is beyond me.

Does desktop still matter in 2019?
Like 99% of time I am on Chrome and the desktop environment has become really irrelevant to my daily work.

Ubuntu is comfy but the first thing I do is replace the Ubuntu Gnome shit with vanilla gnome. The yelorange looks like shit, fuck that gay orange
Yeah that
Works on my machine

> I think Gnome is starting to grow on me.
Gnome is fungus :DDD

Attached: 1536113405197.png (515x286, 99K)

>bump

:D

sell your computer then

unity was heaps better, though.

Attached: DueB3P0XcAsSeMb.jpg large.jpg (1116x900, 142K)

ubuntu budgie's latest release replaces gnomeshit file manager with nemo from cinnamon because they realised footfags are retarded for removing features, thus making it the best GTK DE.

Stop spreading fud you arch frog nigger

I tried Ubuntu with gnome the other day for gaming on linux, my first real attempt. It was shit. I tried UBuntu years ago in maybe 2014 and it was much nicer than using gnome.

What distro should a retard newbie use to just run Steam games and torrent and answer his emails that isn't fucking gnome based? Mint? Arch is beyond me by far.

i use solus for my gayming desktop

I've just upgraded to Fedora 30. Why does the Gnome display manager freeze the computer every time I try to unlock it?

Attached: kierkegaard.jpg (500x486, 57K)

cool thanks, I will look into it. I got recommended Manjaro, do you have an opinion on this?

They were trolling you

lol okay. I only really didn't like Gnome, so is it best to install Ubuntu and get Budgie (or other DE) myself? I want maximum ease for muh vidya and Steam Proton is very easy to use on Ubuntu.

should I just tweak the desktop?

> so is it best to install Ubuntu and get Budgie (or other DE) myself?
Yes, damn it. Install Ubuntu w/o any DE, then install minimal metapackage afterwards and add the software you need separately.

cool , with try out, cheers.

I feel the same, the foot fetish got to me, I feel GNOMED.
I shitposted about GNOME a lot and now I'm using and liking it. I feel like I'm betraying my past-self.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-15 12-50-00.png (1280x800, 674K)

You have been GNOOOOMED

Attached: 1554512342200.png (140x202, 34K)

don't let it

Attached: design_by_literal_foot.png (3576x3561, 819K)

>Gnome is improving a lot,
How?

/thread

GNOME is the best DE, that is why is the standard Linux DE.

A
FUCKING
FOOT

kek

>I shitposted about GNOME a lot and now I'm using and liking it. I feel like I'm betraying my past-self.
Same. I installed Pop OS to try fuck with steam Proton and I've heard Pop OS just works(tm) in this regard.
With some tweaks and extensions installed GNOME is actually usable now.
Still, I don't think I'm going to drop KDE anytime soon.

I would like gnome and all the other forked desktops like cinnamon/pantheon/budgie a whole deal more if they weren't so laggy. How come the only compositor that doesn't lag and always has 60fps is kwin?

Not to mention their basic slow filemanagers, even the so touted "best" one nemo has horrible performance problems that makes them night to unusable to manage a few thousand files. I can't even open files and go back to the window without nemo/nautlius freezing for 5-10 seconds. Absolutely horrible experience.

I never have to deal with that shit in dolphin/thunar and other things not based on gnome3.

Fuck redhead for writing software on workstation beasts that have no bandwidth problems and not even testing on consumer hardware.

Yeah, like a tumor.

The gnome cancer is growing on him.

Attached: 1531079758224.png (569x569, 251K)

You shoulda try budgie on solus. It has many optimizations that put even kwin to shame. The only thing missing are many features and updated software due to their patching.

You can't even change volume with standard multimedia keys.

Thanks, Kevin. I'll check it out next time I'm distrohopping.

Attached: 1491163735054.png (1920x1080, 664K)

Still lags in basic window management but it does stay successfully out of the way for gaming. I dropped it due to that but if your PC can take the performance overhead named mutter then it should be ok.

Post wallpaper plox, looks cool

I have it in my work T480s with a FHD screen... it looks really good in there. I only use Chrome and VSCode on it so I don't care if the bars are too thick.

>Who the fuck bitches about the default gtk themes and icons when you can change that shit in seconds?

Gnome has spent the last 6 years removing customization options and making harder to develop gtk themes. The options aren't present anymore in the config windows, they can only be changed in gconf or with a 3rd party tool like Gnome tweak tool. The also have the nasty habit of breaking the gtk theming api in minor versions without any warning. Their response: "we are a free software project and we don't owe anything to your. Or they respond to your tone saying it's not polite or some horseshit like that.

I stole if from this nigga

Attached: kElw7vp.png (1920x989, 3.5M)

You need it you code it is pretty much default freetard response, why you are surprised?

Yuck

Yes, Mint would be your best option. Can't really go wrong with either Cinnamon or XCFE.