How's the job search going, user?

How's the job search going, user?

Attached: 1420166318282.jpg (706x720, 38K)

Very well! Out of the zero jobs I searched for, zero interviewed me and zero hired me. The success rate is literally undefined...

damn, are you me?

>mfw 30 year old in college for associates while I clean toilets part-time

At least I've already previously hit rock-bottom and I've only been trending up from here

Attached: 0.png (888x502, 905K)

>graduating soon
>second-last interview at high-tier company next week
>on-site final interview at another high-tier company the week after
>literally my first time doing ANY technical interview
I'm going to fuck it up

You got an offer for every single job you applied for. Well done!

Damn 30 year old boomer here. What are you studying for?

You'll do fine user. I believe in you.

>Been with the same soul crushing corporate job for six years
I hate changing jobs but I need out of this place

Attached: wojak_in_rain.gif (500x275, 365K)

On pause. Until the nebulous contract renewal cranes it's grotesque visage.

I am thinking of majoring in accounting & finance and information system is it worth it?
I'm already studying accounting & finance

At least you have a real job, user. I've been a bartender for almost 8 years and I'm fucking sick and tired of it. Trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, but I'm a little stuck.

wish I was dead

Save money to have enought to live by yourself 1 year.
Get another job.
Easy.

What do you enjoy doing?

Went great, I start next week. Took me 15 days to get a six figure offer. I'm excited although I lack experience and motivation to work in one of the frameworks the company uses, other than that it's gonna be great.

In these last 9 years I also confirmed the fact a college degree is worthless.

Some dumb boomer richfag hired me to manage his emails and be his travelling IT help if his iphones ever go to shit. £60k a year, but I'm hardly home, fucking JewYork and Tokyo mainly, always in hotels. Essentially don't have a life outside this job, but I'm not doing anything most of the time anyway, just exploring the location where we are at.

The food is nice though at the nice restaurants though.

Attached: 1545143236532.gif (430x408, 908K)

just got promoted and 1000 eur netto raise
pretty good for a v4 shithole

27 here just started college, no job, no girl, no future..
but ones you lose all hope it aint that bad.

I don't even know what I want to do, not that I have much choice in the matter honestly

Been a hikki for years. I don't know anyone I can use as a reference. I can't even get volunteer "work".

abysmal

Attached: kjk3ld3atkr21.jpg (1024x576, 100K)

New sim and towel over your mouth. There's your reference.

been at the same IT job for 14 years, every
one that knew anything about our systems is now gone but me, all I have to work with are kids that only know web design and SQL, (one took a look at our IBM and asked where the start menu was) I'm thinking about putting in some applications just to freak out the execs into giving me a raise again.

Attached: what.jpg (500x680, 61K)

All I do is workout (not fit though), waste time on youtube and Jow Forums, and then go to work. I saw a thread the other day about the comptia certifications, so I've thought about getting the A+ cert.

I'm not great with tech, so I feel like this is gonna take me a while to get the cert.

Talking to people is stressful enough without pretending to be someone else and lying. If I could cope with shit like that I probably wouldn't be in this situation.

>where's the start menu
lmao. How did you let these people get hired

Stop thinking of them as people. I'm sure you've some sort of media, so you still know how conversation I'd meant to somewhat go, if you need to practice talking to yourself. You have nothing to lose, I came out of the bottom like you too.

i know, only a couple of months had passed since i quick my shit job and i dont want to deal with peoples bullshit anymore...
it must be terrible for you

>only know web design and SQL

And they don't know where the start menu is? There's no way someone can be that dumb.

Attached: fug.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Our director was let go a few years ago and they never hired a replacement, they have HR manage the hiring now so all we get are inexperienced dudes that impressed the HR ladies with their knowledge of iphones. None of them have any idea what OS400 is.

Attached: signon.png (640x277, 16K)

The IBM doesn't run on Windows, it's command line based.

ah fuck I hated that piece of shit when I ran support for it
I mean it looks cool and made me feel like a hacker all day at work, but FUCK that thing

Yeah, it's constant maintenance, our users consistently keep live files open screwing up our job queues.

Give them a written warning on a red letter mailed to their home address.

Finally it's going well. After applying for something like 30 companies and getting rejections/ignores at all of them, I managed to get a summer internship working in AI and ML at an (albeit small) company. While I won't be making bank, at least it's something to put in my CV for having a better chance at getting an internship after the summer of my 3rd year at uni, which is way more important.

>15 applications and no responses
A new record

applied for one job that required 5 years of experience straight out of university and got it
been working there for three years now
its os and low-level development for embedded systems

Attached: 1542809208137.jpg (664x595, 68K)

Try being a bouncer or boxer. Even if you don't make it big-time you get to put your fit to the test.

Signed up for a temp agency and might be signing up for a second soon to double odds. I'm also in my 30s and not really ever had much real job experience not to mention with anxiety issues so can't handle a lot of jobs.

Well my last tech employer is facing RICO charges, should I take them off my resume? Then I have a huge employment gap....

Do you suki suki Japanese goddesses?

>just hired as a windows server admin for an airforce contracting job
>95k
>taking my sec+ in 2hrs
>if I don't get sec+ within 90days they will have to let me go since I only have a+

wish me luck guys

Soon to be 30 here, new job, almost finished university just 3 more subjects and got a better job offer just yesterday.
What is the downside of all this ? I'm living in Argentina.

Yes. I look like a young justin bieber unfortunately and those jap motherfuckers are very forward to me.
Americans are even more forward it's insane. Not even using tinder or anything.

Hang in there user. I did way more than that in 7 months and then i finally got a job. After i quit my first job, i've got tons of job offers without searching for a job (multiple offers in 1 week). It gets much easier after that first job (same field)

>wake up at 8 am
>get to work at 9
>finish enough work to exceed expectations by 1-2pm
>study algorithms, do practice problems, read system design book till 9-10pm
>repeat

If I'm not a senior software developer by 27 I'm going to kill myself

Attached: cofe.png (960x720, 439K)

Infinity if youre a jslet

based af.

But what you don't realize is that the time spent studying is STILL time spent for the company's benefit. If you get better, software you make gets better, so in the end everyone benefits.

Not only that, but I make sure all the front facing application pages that I'm responsible for are 100% solid as interviewers may be looking at them, thereby indirectly benefiting the company. It's fine though. I take pride in the software I develop. I feel good when I engineer robust solutions to difficult problems.

While the company I work for and I have a symbiotic relationship, I'm still getting scammed for the amount of productivity I generate and I'm jumping ship as soon as this starting bonus criteria expires.

Give me your employer

That is a nice spot you have found. Keep it as long as you can, there are almost no openings for embedded development as compared to normaldev.

>system design book
What book? Do you mean distributed systems, with MQ-like queues and CQRS and all that shit?

Nice, you'll get there

Anyone want to apply for milan?

Angular2+ FE stack / JAVA/PHP BE / GitLab for CI/CD

[email protected]

I'm not too sure what those things are.

I'm starting out with principles of computer system design, then I'm moving on to Designing Data-Intensive applications. I skip chapters to focus on distributed systems, as that's what I work on. I'll read papers on distributed solutions, like paxos, raft, mapreduce

Europe is heading to a recession again. The very same HR that a few years ago begged me for an interview is now ghosting me (I have 11 years of experience plus two degrees and a certification). Nobody is hiring but the usual cheap labor consulting firms.

Listen well, Jow Forums: nobody is hiring seniors. I know they demand seniors in the offer, but actually want the cheapest junior that is able to do the job. Don't hessitate in applying if you are under 28 even if you are shit.

Attached: 1537368891957s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Lucky guy

Yuropoor here,
I work for a big company, all of a sudden all open positions were gone, total stop in hiring.
The recession is real, and our top execs show it in shiny slides and stuff... I considered changing position to another less shitty company but hey, I get good money and I secured my job, which is a luxury nowadays.

So distributed systems as taught in university? I was referring to actual backend application development (I want to switch from frontend to backend, and I'm always searching for that definitive book).

Kek

If this post is real there is huge possibility your boss just hired a cute fuccboi. Expect sodomy charges as your rich boss tries to sneak into your bed one night.

No, user from milan said last week that it was expensive and they pay shit.

Oh for sure my looks played a part, he has me tag along almost everytime he goes drinking, his wife also did the interview and they're arabs.
It's chill though since they're very westernized and have other English staff that I'm constantly in contact with and I made it clear I'll strangle any faggot who tries me.

it's 2k€ net per month + benefits ;_;

You are lucky then. I wish I had some luck in life but no avail.

2k is meh tier.

Try shit you wouldn't usually go for since you'd think it's too high for you, if you want the chance for luck. Objectively I was a loser my entire childhood and teens, and didn't think I'd get this position either when I applied.

Not necessarily taught in university, but yeah a little more general than the code that you write. Like how to design interfaces well, how to divide up responsibilities between components, and how to multiplex servers and achieve redundancy.

I am also a front end dev turned backend. I started out with JS Angular 2 at my first job. At my current job I started writing out react components, then moved to the Node.js backend to get the features out. Now I own a few backend services, and I'm learning Golang on my spare time so that the next service I develop will actually be performant.

Attached: smuganimegirl2.png (408x469, 232K)

applied for over 10 in the last 4 days. no email for interview yet, 1 rejection so far. been waiting for about 5 others i applied to over 2 weeks ago but losing hope. fucking kill me now.

>node
>larps as a backend developer
Someone please tell me a good book for backend architecture, this guy also needs it.

Attached: 15644423635.jpg (602x339, 62K)

While I also dislike the node meme; it's often good enough as many services/components are network bound rather than CPU bound.

Attached: golan.jpg (554x554, 30K)

I got a co-op job last summer. I gave them a call to see if they'd be interested in having me back as an intern this summer, with the stipulation that I'd get a raise. They liked me so much that they're gonna pay me more than company policy technically allows for interns. The work is fun, too. All embedded OS and compiler development, some signal processing, a bit of circuit design here and there. I think this might be the place where I start my career.

Attached: ryuko_matoi_animated_by_horsegirl71496-d8bg8es.jpg (843x948, 112K)

What is your knowledge level? Are you "certified" or just know..?

Basic just know, probably because fucking around with computers was my only point of happiness when growing up.
For people who didn't spend much time with computers in their childhood, outside of the modern infant proof interface the rest is alien technology for them, especially if they're boomers.

just like my dating life

Attached: 1526360845736.png (1000x666, 287K)

Lul 2k in spain is a luxury

I see what you mean. I have been outcast hermit all my life. However I think Linus ruined everything for us.