A list of distros to avoid

>Debian is outdated. There's no reason to use it unless you own a server -- which is very unlikely. Considering most Jow Forumsirls are either trannies, pedos or anti-social neckbeards.
>The same goes for Fedora, Guix, OpenBSD and Manjaro. They are meme distros and you -really- should avoid using those.
>Red Hat is simply... terrible. It's the closest thing you'll get of a "Windows version of Linux".
>Ubluntu and Pop!_Os are slow, bloated and even annoying to use (have to deal with repos, APP and all that shit).
Then you might ask
>Which distro am I supposed to use, then?
Antergos if you are retarded. Anarchy if you want Arch with a installer. And Arch if you are autistic.

Attached: So many cute kittens videos compilation 2018 (720p_30fps_H264-192kbit_AAC).webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6OAOlewuJVY
packages.debian.org
packages.ubuntu.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no Gentoo
Opinion discarded and frozen.

Attached: 13e0df39bd90ee54d16b081352c445b8.jpg (1387x1798, 607K)

>Gentoo
see: Arch

>Debian is outdated
Thats why you use sid
>hurr durr unstable
Its still just as stable if not more stable than arch or any other bleeding edge distro.
>Ubuntu is bloated
Of course its bloated when you have it install 2000 packages for you, that's why you install and configure everything yourself from the minimal network installer.

>sid
Yeah, it's still Debian (oudated and old) -- but with more chances to break shit out.
>b-but if you configure everything yourself in Ubuntu you can get rid of the bloat
No, you can't.

>A list of distros that could possibly be used for something productive instead of tiling WMs and anime.

>Antergos
>Ships with GNOME
I think I'll take my chances, OP

Attached: 1557566870729.jpg (675x720, 42K)

>OpenBSD
>distro
typical arch user

>Yeah, it's still Debian (oudated and old) -- but with more chances to break shit out.
Debian is basically the most used distro for just about anything you fuckhead, that means you will have the most up to date packages of any distro without needing to compile anything yourself. How is that outdated? Yeah, just use a system that's basically like writing your own one in assembler, because that is so fuckin effective. FREEDUMBS HURR DURR

Just remember the following commands:
>pacman -Ss (thing you want to search in the repo)
>pacman -S (thing you want to install)
>pacman -Rcns (thing you want to remove)
>pacman -Syu to update shit up
>pacman -Scc to clear cache
and you should be fine
write it down in a note and you'll memorize all that in a hour or so

link me to this woman. I need to look at the joy cult.

Anarchy does not work.

Nothing works if you are retarded, user.

Linus Torvalds uses Fedora.

What? You are telling me you'd start sucking cocks if Linus (also) sucked cocks?

Why cant a tranny or a pedo have a server?

>hurr durr updation tool needs to ship the latest buggy version otherwise it's outdated

maria kondo

I remember loonixtards bring smug when Windows 10 did this.

She looks ugly

considering you probably don't know how to use linux (or else you wouldn't have said that)... then yes, all new/recent packages are bugged and broken

What exactly is the Ubuntu bloat? I run kubuntu minimal, run my 10 years old script to remove shit i don't use like vlc, gwenview, apport, etc.
Next argument is going to be number of packages, and that's retarded. I hear terms like "I want to know everything that's installed so I can make sense of my system". Don't fool yourself, you might be able to understand api surface at best and a couple of libs but that's it. "B-but I'll be able to fix my system easily" lol I do all kinds of shit and ubuntu never broke on me. Only time was years ago because of nvidia headers and that took a single command to fix. In the end you're going to search for the error message anyway. It's not hard.
RAM/CPU usage is also fine for everything I get out of using KDE Plasma. If you have assburgers just go with i3/sway and stop complaining.
(This doesn't apply to gnome because gnome is shit.)

thoughts on dragonflyBSD?

Attached: 1557753700907.jpg (482x774, 108K)

Fedora Silverblue, Guix, and NixOS are the only modern distros. Everything else is for cavemen

>A list of distros to avoid.
Any distro doesn't bring anything new.(wallpaper, themes and things like that don't count.)

Funny that you should shill for Arch, considering that it combines the worst qualities of all listed OSes.

Ubuntu just werks. There's kubuntu if you're a furfag and lubuntu/xubuntu if you're in a toaster. Server Ubuntu is great.

>Slackware
No package management

Attached: Slackware_logo.svg.png (768x768, 207K)

I'M GONNA DO IT
I'M GONNA INSTALL VOID

Attached: rIexh3s.jpg (1334x2000, 318K)

>Antergos
>Ships with GNOME
It doesn't ship with anything. You get to choose.
youtu.be/6OAOlewuJVY

>Fedora is a meme distro
What?

>OpenBSD

>Has it's own kernel distinct from FreeBSD

>"meme distro"

>Outdated
>Outdated
>Outdated
I keep seeing that shit but no one says why. How outdated can they be?

Attached: D1yzsFRVYAA7z4e.jpg:large.jpg (500x496, 116K)

packages.debian.org
packages.ubuntu.com

Mint?

Arch users literally eat their own doodoo feces

Dude you just gave me a couple of links

you want to trust random retards instead of going directly to the source and finding out yourself? now I understand why arch is so popular

I trust you people, that's why i ask

>Debian is basically the most used distro for just about anything
That would be Ubuntu, for both servers and desktop.
But I agree that Debian is based. Op is retarded.

fpbp

>No, you can't.
yes you can. also, openbsd is not a fucking linux distro dipshit

based honkposter

shitty bait

>It's another instance of "join my super secret arch loonix club, guise!!! you will like it! ;D"
No, thanks, I need to get my shit done and don't have time to rice my i3wm install with dumb anime uguu shit