Cons of enabling all filters?

Cons of enabling all filters?

Attached: Ublock.png (300x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/page-59#post-2522534
firebog.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do it
also disable javascript and webrtc, check i am an advanced user and block third party scripts and frames too

higher memory usage would be more noticeable than processing time

As far as I can tell, nothing. Doesn't gobble up more CPU or RAM from what I've seen.

also thisAnd make sure to block global 3rd party scripts and frames

Straight from the horse's mouth

wilderssecurity.com/threads/ublock-a-lean-and-fast-blocker.365273/page-59#post-2522534

Attached: gorhill.png (1178x382, 45K)

gorhill is leading you all down the garden path.
Too many fillter lists will slow down browsing load speeds and use more cpu and ram.

WOMM

Network filters have very little impact. Cosmetic filters can slow down browsing on phones.

yes it will but the point is it wont be as noticeable as you think

That depends mainly on your specs or if you're on a desktop or mobile browser. on a modern desktop system you won't notice a difference either you have 800.000 or a few millions filter lists, on a mobile however the impact would be severe.

backup current settings to a file, and try it with all filters on, and whatever else you want to try.

Attached: CopyQ.DTYYIB.png (362x270, 14K)

some filters would be redundant, for example
Fanboy’s Annoyance List includes the Social Blocking List

other than the tiny amount of extra traffic, I see no cons

It doesn't matter what i think or not, go and add every list you see here and watch the results on page loading speeds. firebog.net/

Attached: end-white-supremacy.jpg (700x445, 20K)

post filters

Attached: ubo.png (1588x1872, 302K)

>Too many fillter lists will slow down browsing load speeds and use more cpu and ram.
what a fucking moron. shut the fuck up, moron.

Attached: 1528298169800.png (645x729, 61K)

Um kid my phone has 8 processing cortexes and 4 are at almost 2.4 GHz with the rest at 1.9 GHz
It's faster than a MacBook BY FAR

I have a ton of custom filters and performance has increased if anything on my phone from not loading all the extra shit on webpages that you don't need.

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-141521_Firefox.jpg (1080x2022, 747K)

If the list is sorted then binary searching a match is log2(n)
Log2 of one million is literally 20 comparisons! But yeah, connecting to some random ass webservice that tracks you while trying to sell you more XL Dragon Dildos through ads would probably be faster.

>trusting a leaf

why use obscene amount of lists when you can just forbid the 3rd party stuff

I can tell you don't know how this works. Why would you not do both. You're still vulnerable 1st party. And some sites you will need to noop some domain(s) in order to use it. When you noop a domain you apply filters. Using 500k filters is not going to hamper performance.

so block 1st p too

I do, but you have to noop some domains...
Do you remember what that means?

yeah but loading ads is infinitely slower than blocking lists
ghostery is by far the fastest blocker out there, but i dont trust them enough to use it over ubo

Is this better than adneasum?

>is not connecting to ads, trackers, and possibly malware better than using your resources to click ads multiple times
ye

poop with an n