Install xubuntu 19.04

>install xubuntu 19.04
>try to lock the session
>black screen
>reboot
>black screen
>search the issue
>"lightdm-gtk-greeter is fucked, there is no solution for now, use something else"
>install kubuntu 19.04
>tweak some touchpad settings like enabling tap to click
>a few minutes later "wtf why can't I click"
>settings somehow reverted back
>try to change them back again
>"displayed settings do not match settings in use"
>applying the settings again does nothing
>"okay, I guess I'll try the official one, everything should just work there r-right?"
>install regular ubuntu 19.04
>"okay, this is pretty nice, they've improved the performance"
>right click on desktop
>the context menu is fucked, sometimes items are missing, sometimes there's extra space on the bottom as if there was supposed to be another menu item
>"oh, no big deal, it's probably just the plugin that's needed for the desktop icons being a little buggy"
>open nautilus, right click, same thing
>"okay, still not that bad, just a little buggy context menu"
>install updates
>"Sorry, Ubuntu experienced an internal error."
>"okay,. I guess I'll try rebooting as the update utility wants me to"
>greeted with "Sorry, Ubuntu experienced an internal error."

What happened? I thought this was the "just works" distro. I've literally had less issues with Arch that is memed to be constantly broken.

Attached: ubuntu-logo14.png (540x243, 10K)

werked for me

Attached: 1557410471984.jpg (800x600, 130K)

unsure if troll so
user, this doesnt just werk on legacy shit

O N L Y
I N S T A L L
L T S

you fukn slag

>legacy shit
xubuntu was installed in a virtualbox, kubuntu and ubuntu on a 2 year old laptop

I've used Kubuntu 19.04 recently: worked without any issues, including tap to click on touchpad.
I'm using Ubuntu 19.04 right now: working perfectly, no problems at all with the context menus, updated just fine.
Haven't used Xubuntu 19.04 but it literally works for everyone, and it's even tear-free because of Xfce 4.13.
Haven't used Ubuntu MATE 19.04 but everyone that has used it tells that the distro is maturing really fast and the last updated even kept the same MATE version for the sake of stability.
Really m8, I think that maybe the problem is you.

Attached: file.png (216x297, 31K)

I don't know how a fucked context menu on a fresh install is my problem. It doesn't happen every time but it happens often.

Attached: context_menu.png (749x605, 255K)

Ok I gotta give credit where it's due. You're right about the context menu on folders, that white space is really there. I had never seen this before, maybe it just happens after locking the pc and unlocking it, not sure. It's not present when right clicking files.
I have right-clicked the desktop a million times and the only time it fucked up was after I had just unlocked the PC and the desktop was 'loading'.. it showed the context with the extra space for a moment and then showed the right menu again. I can't safely reproduce it.
But the updates went ok for me, 19.04's been quite good, even tho it's not an LTS release.
Also, I wasn't lying when I told you I haven't had any problems with Kubuntu.

NVIDIA?

your hardware is dying there's no other explanation to being se retarded

its this. I had the same black screen issue with lightdm and uninstalling the nvidia drivers fixed it

It doesn't work on current stuff either, surprise.

>context menus implemented in display drivers
That doesn't sound right.

my xubuntu 1804 is tear free because of my gpu's auto enabled vsync

Gotta say, I installed Kubuntu on my laptop, used my 7200rpm disk for the install cause the SSD is full with Windows.
It's taking 5 FULL minutes to start, compared to 3 minutes for my Debian on a 8yo VAIO, on a HDD too.

>>"lightdm-gtk-greeter is fucked, there is no solution for now, use something else"
there is one though, also the issue is nonexistent with the version provided with arch :^)

run systemd-analyze and systemd-analyze blame

>"Sorry, Ubuntu experienced an internal error."
>greeted with "Sorry, Ubuntu experienced an internal error."
Did you empty the error log folder? Or remove apport/disable it.

weird, my Arch is working just fine and dandy

Attached: 2019-05-15-174354_3840x2160_scrot.png (3840x2160, 2.85M)

>kde
>lastpass
>minecraft
>chinpass
anything else

I don't know what you mean, of course I have some other softwares and life perks

>Vanilla, gn*me tainted Ubuntu
There's your problem. You either go Xubuntu, MATE or don't touch the distro at all.

>bougt a new netbook for uni
>performance is a bit shit so I install xubuntu between classes
>everything works, but the lan driver randomly fails and stops detecting wifi connections, nothing in the logs shows a problem
>rebooting a few times at the start of class
>use usb tethering instead, but the building is a giant faraday cage and doesn't get signal
>no internet today so I just take notes
>focus to wine apps like Word and Excel is lost while typing and it stops accepting keystrokes mid paragraph for some reason
>opening and closing the xfce taskbar seems to fix it, so I'm hitting a fix hotkey and re-dictating constantly
>try to reinstall since something probably broke
>wine installer fails repeatedly so I'm doing fresh installs over and over until it just works

why do you need word via wine just to take notes?