My mother in her infinite wisdom bought a 80 buck laptop, a Thomson sp neo10 1wh32

My mother in her infinite wisdom bought a 80 buck laptop, a Thomson sp neo10 1wh32
As expected, it's trash desu she will only use it for mail and some file management so it should do the trick
Problem is this thing came win 10, and for some reason it can't download any exe files.
No matter what fixes i've tried searching around, nothing works
Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Attached: craptop.jpg (520x520, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4456067/windows-10-switch-out-of-s-mode
antixlinux.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=IU5F01oOzQQ
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a laptop with windows 10 S that only allows app downloads from the microsoft store. You need to do a free upgrade from S to windows 10 home.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4456067/windows-10-switch-out-of-s-mode

It says it's home edition, only upgradable to pro and it would cost 145 lol

try doing a windows 10 reset, and if that doesn't work than try formatting and installing windows 10 home from usb

>Thomson sp neo10 1wh32
What a fascinating device.

Is anyone else interested in garbage hardware? I dunno why but I have a fondness for this sort of shit.

can 80$ of ram even run w10?

I might be mistaken but i think thats actually changeable in the settings

>Is anyone else interested in garbage hardware?
I kinda am
It's an interesting case study on the minimum viable laptop you can legally sell to consumers

My pinebook arrives tomorrow. Going to use it as a thin-ish client and programming on the go device. Garbage is fine, if you just use it as a remote.

Install ubuntu on there or something.

maybe 32bit starter or whatever its called edition.

i thought about it but she's really bad with tech and always used windows

install lightweight linux distro
she'll love it

she doesn't need to be good, linux is pretty easy to use
install xfce, theme it so it looks like windows xp (or just familiar) and she'll do fine
if she doesn't use anything else it will be perfect

>can't download any exe files
I'm taking this literally.
Sounds like my tablet, there no app for this or whatever message. Is it arm? Anyway since it basically impossible to find the actual specs from the shit information you gave search the store for "turbo download manager" or install another one idc.
I don't see why this is necessary since you moms gonna just do web and email.

actually no, that machine is probably too weak for xfce
install antix, here antixlinux.com/
do not select Xfce when installing, select Fluxbox

>Cherry Trail
Linux on these processors is patchy at best. You might be SOL.

>cult recruitment without asking.
t.subhumans

Install Linux Mint or Windows 10 LTSC (pirate it).

It's still x86 or x86-64 so the processor itself doesn't matter. Linux will still rub. Are you talking about iGPU, EFI, or what?

Attached: 1547523725193.png (748x499, 408K)

Attached: 1555110599601.png (1366x768, 1.45M)

just slam win10 ltsc 32 bit in that shit
and then run a bloat remover like the one this fag shows
youtube.com/watch?v=IU5F01oOzQQ

here's how to get win10
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

I love weird computers, and I mostly buy the cheap ones.

I have an 8" tablet that shipped with Win8 for $80.

Thanks for the links user, gonna try this if figure out how to enter bios in this thing to boot a pen

32 bit uefi

It can still load 32-bit Linux distros normally that have EFI support (Debian I think). I also believe that Ubuntu has a workaround now that allows it to boot from a 32-bit EFI and load a 64-bit kernel.

Or you know, there's Botnet 10 LTSC.

Attached: msbotnet.png (746x311, 68K)

I have an ASUS EEE 900SD 512MB RAM (partly shared with VRAM) 900MHz Intel Celeron loaded with WinXP. I've had it for like 10 years or whatever. I decided to upgrade it and watched some vids on how to open it. Then I opened it and discovered there's nothing removable inside my version. It is all SMD shit soldered to the PCB and gunked over with black blobs.

I mainly only use it for backup when the power is out during storms since all it needs is 36watts to run. I can run it off almost anything and even charge it with my pedal power bike. It can play a lot of really old games like from Quake and older plus old consoles emulated up to PS1. Flash on websites kills it completely. Video over 480p kills it, unless it is rather low bitrate.

ubuntu with a de may as well be windows. there's hardly much that is actually different. if it can run win10 then it can run something like ubuntu with gnome

i can't even install windows ltsc, when i boot from a pen it says "there isn't enough memory to create a diskram device"

why the fuck do u need windows if its just for email and file management