How come Sony among other Japanese companies don't innovate that much but still manage to make the best electronics...

How come Sony among other Japanese companies don't innovate that much but still manage to make the best electronics even today?

Attached: c03177bb4daefed1095a07a015add63e.jpg (2515x1320, 99K)

Nah senpai
They are the jack of all trades, master of none.
They make good poducts overall, but not the best in any given niche.

They were the best at TV screens for a long time. But not anymore.

They are still the best at making TV

could have sworn that was south korea?

>Sony
>Don't innovate that much
>First commercially successful Mirrorless Full-Frame cameras
>Destroyed the Canikon hold on the pro/semi-pro camera market
>Still innovating in the TV market, despite a very low market share
>Introduced the first OLED TV to market in 2007, still making OLED TVs today
>Were the first ones to take digital cinema cameras seriously, resulting in forcing the hand of many other manufacturers with the F5.
>Cell was innovative for it's time, even if it was quickly deprecated within a generation
>Top tier image sensor manufactures, whose sensors have ended up in several flagship phones, cameras, factorys, security systems, and more

Like, DESU, a lot of Japanese Manufacturers in general are pretty innovative. Even groups that we don't think about a lot, like Kyocera, come out with new Ceramic processes and types that end up in shit we use everyday, or lead the way for new technologies and capabilities. The box your Apple product came in, was probably printed onto by a machine using a drum coated in a Ceramic compound developed by Kyocera.

Depends on what you mean by best. Japanese products are best at reliability and quality control. While the Koreans/Chinese are good at introducing new technology but suffer heavily from quality control issues.

GoPro and now DJI have better action cams and better stabilization.

>>First commercially successful Mirrorless Full-Frame cameras
>>Destroyed the Canikon hold on the pro/semi-pro camera market

This is not me disagreeing with these points since they are correct. But I'll have to add that the Sony shot themselves in the foot by using a mount system designed for their APS-C line for the full frame sensor. It works but it requirers design changes and solutions when making lenses. They become bigger and more expensive than their competition.

Not really innovative... At least canon had the balls to create a third mount to actually accomodate the sensor, even though their EOS-M system could technically work it would put them in the same hot water as Sony.

I'd love to have this camera.

>But I'll have to add that the Sony shot themselves in the foot by using a mount system designed for their APS-C line for the full frame sensor.

Not quite shot themselves in the foot. It isn't as theoretically capable as some of the newer full frame mirrorless mounts but for nearly all lenses apart from a couple exotic ones, it is perfectly sufficient. It actually hurts everyone else more since third party designers will design for the least common denominator which is the 46mm diameter E-mount and the 20mm flange distance for RF mount.

>Sony shot themselves in the foot by using a mount system designed for their APS-C line for the full frame sensor.

While fair, I also completely understand them not coming out with a totally new mount for full-frame. The A7 series would -NOT- have been remotely as successful if it had needed an adapter or just couldn't use the existing e-mount lenses at all. The adoption rate wouldn't have even been a fraction of what it was, if they had introduced yet another mount-system.

I think we'll probably see a deviation into a new mount soon enough from them, though. They'll probably just wait until they have some major product that had some killer features/specs that can make it desirable past needing to buy all new lenses, adapters, kits, etc.

>don't innovate
>posts the one thing Sony released that BTFO'd the competition

What the fuck
Sony has innovated a ton of shit

Changing everything every year is not innovation, is a desperate call for attention. i.e Apple and every other smartphone manufacturer.

What the fuck nigger.

Japan is one of the leading countries in number of patents filled in electronics and chemicals.

>don't innovate that much
user, Sony's sensors (and lenses btw) *are* innovative.

Which is why they they are doing really well in the camera market from smartphones over MILC to video cameras.

That is how innovation looks like.

Attached: Sony-FE-90mm-F2.8-Macro-G-OSS.jpg (1200x778, 104K)

>But I'll have to add that the Sony shot themselves in the foot by using a mount system designed for their APS-C line for the full frame sensor
They didn't really - they have many of the best lenses on the market right now, with many of the best bodies. You can't really do more than that.

> At least canon had the balls to create a third mount to actually accomodate the sensor
Well, look what that system has in spite of all the theory crafting about the E-mount not being good enough.

Sony will probably be riding their successful dominance all the way to large format digital cameras now.

>how come Sony among other Japanese companies don't innovate
Very old saying:
-white men innovate and forget
-yellow men copy and remember
- bl00ks do neither

Japan

Sony doesn't make TV panels, but they make pretty good TVs using Korean OLED panels.

painfully accurate piece of wisdom there

this hasnt been true for a very long time, what with the dying boomer population.
this is why japan needs migration

Japan still relies on US R&D?