Attached: wtf.jpg (823x756, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet
photopea.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AHAHAHAHA
>muh adobe

not surprising.
You either control the software, or you don't.

Attached: that's what happens with proprietary software.png (512x395, 133K)

Of course.

But why? I always thought those were lifetime licenses.

Cloud Zoombers BTFO

since i pirated older versions i never really owned them, so they can't sue me either way

CONVERT OR DIE! ER... UPGRADE OR PAY!

They can sue you for using pirate copies.

No. Upgrade AND pay.

They are using the subscription service. And that has revocable licenses for any reason.

But if I bought the older versions before subscriptions I am fine?

Fuck this. Fuck Adobe. Thank god I still use the old CS2 Photoshop w/none of that cloud bullshit in it. (Didn't pay for it either).

>Steals software when you were allowed to purchase and own it
>Acts surprised when they move to subscription

We need an open source alternative RIGHT NOW.
> inb4 Gimp

gimp

I'm so glad the 3d modelling community has a free fucking alternative software with a decent suite of features. Hope 2d get out from under Adobe's boot someday.

>We need an open source alternative RIGHT NOW.
Only possible if Krita fucking finally ponies up and stop sucking GIMP dick out of respect. They're the only ones being close to this, Gimp is a lost case.

But apart from that, pic related is the best fucking option.

Attached: affinity-photo.png (300x273, 48K)

most EULA have something along the lines of "we reserve the right to change any part of this agreement without your knowledge or consent"

>lifetime licenses

Attached: homer_laughs_at_all_of_creation.jpg (261x199, 15K)

If u stream copies it ain't no felony

If you only use a small portion of the program it's fair use.

It's shit. Lightwave is better

People pay for photoshop?

Of course he was. He's also right about capitalism being complete shit.

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 283K)

Seems to me like piracy is 100% justifiable in cases like this. If the corporation is willing to steal from you, then you should steal from them. It's only fair.

businesses pay for photoshop
adobe generally looks the other way for noncommercial use because they want professionals to be used to adobe and only adobe

Nah! We all use The GIMP.

krita, like blender, is only a matter of time/money to get even better

but gimp damages the whole ecosystem because the ux and ui sucks, and lacks professional features, but since its such an old project and big codebase it scares people away from starting true competitors
specially when it comes to funding

>paying for software

Attached: th.jpg (245x206, 8K)

still better than the gimp

Is there anyone worse than adobe?

>b-but there's a an add-on python script to do circles
>gimp is not for editing, is for manipulating
etc etc

but you make circles with the built in circle select tool, and then select a stroke

>steals
CS2's available free for download from adobe.com

already learned my lesson with photobucket back in the day.
none of this shit will ever affect me, but is quite scary how terrible everything is getting. This may be the first thing i see thats worse than printers.

Attached: 1546126947828.png (336x259, 77K)

and those unanimously get thrown out of court

Isn't this kind of thing illegal in a lot of places?

GREEN IS MY PEPER

what was your photobucket lesson?

There is no such thing as buying software, when you buy a copy of any sw what you actually buy is a license and it can be revoked at any time, that’s where stallmans argumentation comes in that it oughta be free. What I don’t understand is why would anyone be willing to pay subscription service for any software as opposed to hard copy, but then again there are benefits to subscription specially if they reduce your hardware requirements

you quite literally own nothing in the internet.
pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Based affinity user

So, Adobe turned out to be a crash grab scam company distributing soft-ransomware products.

Adobe is responsible for over 5000 PCs I've repaired for being infected with malware.

Where's the compensation of $500,000 in virus repair charges for all those customers?

I need to know the story behind this nonsense

Attached: 1557952096802.png (360x450, 82K)

Yes, this was the reason they opted for the eternal money grab/hand rub.

For the longest time, PDF and Flash exploits were the prime enterence for malware into a system. Usually through advertisements.

Krita

based stroke poster

Green Is My Pepper

Attached: 1024px-The_GIMP_icon_-_gnome.svg.png (1024x1024, 141K)

What's wrong with gimp again?
Gimp is the most comfy image editor ever, it's interface is much user-friendly and straightforward than photoshit.

People are just assblasted contrarians desu
B&R

This only affects the cloudcuck subscriptions, which you can also pirate easily because the only difference is that they phone home constantly.

Attached: 1554146025873 - Copy.png (495x562, 30K)

Man, I wonder what the fuck everyone would do if 3D printers 20 years from + materials with the right properties were easily accessible to everyone. I would print a car all day erry day.

Attached: File sharing is not piracy.png (800x454, 90K)

checked

Attached: dubs dance.gif (200x317, 892K)

>lifetime
Fucking top kek

Stallman's allways right

>using CS6 since 2019 - 7

oh i am laffin

Software as a service right ere

using photoshop elements that came free with my printer
feels free man

>They can sue you for using pirate copies.
They can but they won't, you and the other gorillion anons browsing this board are small fish. What are they gonna sue you for? Most of you have literally nothing and you live in your parents basements, they would only waste money in legal proceedings. Stop scare mongering, just pirate whatever the fuck version you want and use it for personal use only.

Attached: 1553217925433.jpg (480x459, 16K)

What about photopea.com/

The beautiful thing is you can still "steal" the CS6 suite and use it foreveeeeer

Adobe software is one of the easiest crackable software ever. So I really don't care lol it's free anyway

>Creative Cloud
it's saas so that is to be expected. never go full saas.

no they don't. EULAs usually contain a passage that they can revoke your license if you break the agreement, but they can not just revoke the license for no raisins.

Lol who is gonna check if you use licensed Adobe software? Are there any glow in the dark MIB which secretly sniff through your business PC's? I don't think so. So even for not personal use, you can pirate the shit out of it.

Well let's start asking for a licenze to the 130m people of the data leak zezeze
Lulz

Time to use that adobe ver 1 i have

This, such stuff is legally non-binding in any civilized country. If they actually change something without your "knowledge and consent" you're the one who can sue them. Hell, even threats as in OP could be solid ground for some kind of lawsuit from people they're directed at. But corporations like them get away with this shit thanks to people not knowing their rights.

i used photoshop as a kid because there were so much documentation for it and i could find whatever i wanted. i only really used it to make memes. now i use gimp.

no because in usa the law respects private contracts that both parties sign up for.
its allowed

and how will they detect that you used photoshop to make a certain png/pdf/jpg/psd file

What if I share a PSD file on Jow Forums and Adobe has a crawler that downloads it automatically?
Regardless of what they'd do with the info, would they be able to see whether it's pirated or not from that?

You can even pirate the latest CC ones too.

they read the file header

How can you be sued as a company if you were to use pirated photoshop for example? They can't tell that its been edited in photoshop and if they bitch you can say that you did everything in gimp?

>they read the file header
what if you strip away the meta data? open the file in GiMP and save meta data from GIMP lol

>implying I'm some retarded goblino living in dumbfuckistan

lol good luck trying to criminalize IP infringements in my country, kike powers are useless on me

sure it should work.

>arguing that A isn't X because it doesn't match the thing we metaphorically refer to it in a literal way.
Adam Conover please go fuck yourself.

>sure it should work.
well I guess normal photoshop user is too retarded for this and will get sued hahaha...

>the 130m people of the data leak
Please elaborate

Bullshit, I don't believe even Burgeristan would allow such abusive clauses. A clause that allows one party to change terms of contract one-sidedly at will can't be valid even in land of freedumbs.

that is what happens when you let the jew run wild he does not know when to stop

Embedded watermarks

international beat a nerd up day

So, what if they changed it to "the user owns us $1 million and his first born"?
This shit won't stand in court

isn't the smart selection tool much better in the newer versions? why would I use the old version?

what's the best and latest version rn?

Attached: 26 - 5xlUITY.jpg (640x389, 79K)

>Embedded watermarks
show me a tool that reads them, if they exist.

lol i still have a screenshot of their website from a couple years ago
This was their pitch to get people onboard their scam payment system
Guess it didn't work...

Attached: file.png (941x805, 880K)

Why would that be available to the public?
It would completely defeat the purpose.

It's still a retarded concept because on a pro-grade graphical software it would get noticed immediately, but it not being available to the public is a retarded reason to believe it's not real.

Yes you are fine, nobody can sue you for using software you have indefinite license for.

Using pirated software is not illegal.

What kind of goddamn retard gorilla nigger thought it would be okay to turn software into a subscription based service in the first place

fucking kikes

Well, if you distribute a creative work that was made in Photoshop, and they check and see you don't have a license, they could sue.

Adobe spends more resources on legal than sw.
They don't care about randoms pirating, but as soon as you get mild success, to expect a letter.
There are rumors that pirated copied are spread by adobe themselves.

>There are rumors that pirated copied are spread by adobe themselves.
probably true, they need to hook you into using it. If you learn some alternative tool, why the fuck would you buy photoshop down the road.

shouldn't they warn you in a licence agreement that they do this?

>shouldn't they warn you in a licence agreement that they do this?
Maybe they do. How would we know? Nobody has ever read one in the history of software, so for all intents and purposes it would be a secret feature.

Or they just don't tell anybody and use parallel construction to justify finding offenders.