Happy Birthday, Rust!

Rust turned 4 today! Say something nice about the safe systems programming language!

Attached: DbThUs_V0AAEbRQ.png (1200x1112, 463K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rust-lang.org/production
chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/ /refs/heads/master/
youtu.be/Yom9E-67bdI
youtu.be/pRlh8LX4kQI?t=480
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The WASM game of life tutorial is neat.

Attached: 10_Month_Old_Fennec_Fox.jpg (2274x1516, 2.21M)

What software uses it? Or you just make safe hello world programs in this?

npm, firefox, axiom, amythyst. That I know about anyways.

rust-lang.org/production
Here i googled

Your logo is not a sperg rodent.

Attached: rustacean-flat-happy.png (1200x800, 32K)

>Rust
perl superior

ChromeOS uses Rust to sandbox devices and third-party apps. They mentioned automatic overflow-checks to be one of the reasons they like it for security, which is something you can toggle in Cargo.

chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/ /refs/heads/master/

*snibeti snabs you*

Attached: unsafe.png (1240x811, 154K)

the devs are getting free degrees and unlimited amount of money for doing no matter what but being lgbtq+
the only companies using that languages are the trannies who got even more grants for their shitty projects or the (( google opensociety amythyst ... ))

>celebrating as if Rust is better today then before v1.0
Have lobster sex, incel.

They don't mention that at all. There's nothing to indicate Rust was chosen other than somebodys autism.

Damn, nice conspiracy theory.

I dunno about trannies, but a good reason for normal human beings to use rust is pointers that actually work.
youtu.be/Yom9E-67bdI

Pointers have always worked. Rust proposes replacing the sharp knife that a pointer is and always will be with a butterknife. You defeat the purpose of the knife. There is no middle ground. Either you can cut yourself or you cant cut anything.

youtu.be/pRlh8LX4kQI?t=480

Rust pointers are just as powerful. Compile-time checks mean that you are presented with a set of rules meant to keep you from cutting yourself. You can still take off the gloves with unsafe.

In other words, it should be possible to do something safely and quickly. With unsafe pointers you are forced to either move slowly and carefully, or quickly and recklessly, manually doing the work that rust could be doing for you.

Attached: Chain-Mail-Gloves-Metal-Mesh-Glove-M-Size-100-Stainless-Steel-Welding-Gloves-CE-Standard-En.jpg_640x (640x447, 101K)

Rust is weird

It's the language that EVERYONE seems to say they wish they could use, but hardly anyone does

I don't get it

It's young, so not everyone can use it if they depend on certain libraries, and also there are less people comfortable with it, so a company may want to use what people already know.

But it's one of the best designed languages, and comfy, so people want to use it.

People are afraid to fuck around with a four year old. But they want to.

Attached: lolibooru 187329 sample.jpg (1060x1500, 174K)

It's got moderately fancy type system features and lets you do low-level stuff like C, both of which are basically witchcraft in the eyes of webshitters. But they can't actually use it because it doesn't have the necessary webshit libraries.

It's shit compared to Ada.

Swift is better

Attached: 6EAE2EB0-BE28-4AC7-B7AB-3F02440224F9.jpg (1117x1200, 186K)

It's apple.

Why is this language so slick?

I prefer Nim