youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Be aware that performance is down up to 9% since past benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: same.png (686x768, 645K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/cnj8D2
pcpartpicker.com/list/jf2Kvn
youtube.com/watch?v=wQvgyChrk_g
youtube.com/watch?v=3ucQK-g57-U
articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-640177846-memoria-ram-ddr4-8gb-2666mhz-adata-xpg-gammix-d10-disipador-_JM?quantity=1&variation=34863815796
amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Optiplex-Precision-12-inch/dp/B06XGWRTHC/ref=asc_df_B06XGWRTHC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309743296044&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6217655786000681679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1026254&hvtargid=aud-643574997066:pla-570115745202&psc=1
amazon.com/dp/B06XGWRTHC/
pcpartpicker.com/list/Lg9qjy
pcpartpicker.com/list/r4sbbX
valid.x86.fr/rtkaim
valid.x86.fr/n4vtxm
pcpartpicker.com/list/WP6nxG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for amd a shit

1st for Intel CPU's have 75+ vulnerabilities baked in with most recent one discovered yesterday and only way to mitigate risk is to disable hyperthreading.

>Buy Cheap ass Vega 56
>Install Vega 64 BIOS
>tweak memory timings
>find the best overclock/undervolt sweetspot
>Beat the shit out of RTX 2070 and GTX 1080.

inb4 "500WATTS" brainlets

Attached: matrixman.gif (800x792, 607K)

BUY VIA; the only other option.

Have to both patch AND disable HT, not just one or the other, to be clear.
i5s still got a performance decrease from the new patches despite no HT. Just hit HT CPUs even harder.

I'm happy with my Vega 56 stock. It's just the blowers and shitty models that sucked. The Powercolor and Sapphire ones are great.

Attached: firefox_2019-05-15_22-03-16.png (1211x101, 21K)

I got the "Arez"(Asus) Strix on sale, 289$.

Continuing off last thread; 2070 or wait for AMD's new cards

Reminder that shills lied about spectre/meltdown patches not affecting performance because they were using GPU bottlenecked gaming tests.
Reality is that performance where CPU is the bottleneck (like having only 6 threads in witcher 3) dropped 10% or more and the new patches drop it close to up to another 10%.

Yeah that one is fine too.

I'd at least wait until the paper-launch to see if it's worth waiting further. At E3.

Wait for at least the Navi Announcement/more info in one week.

Unless you absolutely need a PC in the next week for some reason, wait.

Alright thanks, came really close to buying the 2070

What would be on the next week? Interesting

What exactly are the vulnerabilities associated with hyperthreading?

why do I need windows 10 pro to use remote desktop? wtf man. The google one feels clunky. Damn dude, idk about these VRMs. A lot of them don't support 1440p without being way out of my price range. I think I'm going to just hardwire fix this anytime I switch things up.
Or buy a 2nd monitor so I can just use my desktop more to my liking.

Attached: avacado.jpg (639x649, 18K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/cnj8D2
My current build I am working on in it's first iteration.

pcpartpicker.com/list/jf2Kvn
And this will probably be the final Build

I just need it for work (3d modeling/rendering and gaming) Any hiccups with the build so far?

>navi coming
>wait for 7nm
there's always some reason to wait for something better.

youtube.com/watch?v=wQvgyChrk_g
Sort of like a man-in-the-middle attack except it can see encryption keys and all the encrypted data on the core's cache when it has HT.

Why do you have a 7800X?
This is a weird mix of budget stuff and overpriced useless stuff.
>rendering
Vague
>gaming
7800X is trash at gaming.

InTELLS what amDON't.

I got it as a birthday gift.
Why is it trash at gaming?

Well for one it's only 6core/6thread like the i5-8400 once you disable hyperthreading to fix its security issues. Patches alone don't fix them.
But even unsecured, and before the patches reduced performance even with HT disabled, it performed worse than the 2600X in gaming. It's a really bad gaming CPU.
It's meant for HEDT... but it's not very good for that either.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ucQK-g57-U
Keep in mind these benchmarks were before the security disclosure embargo lifted and that it's much worse now. But even the best case scenario for the CPU was bad.
The only benefit that CPU has over the 2600X is quad channel memory. But you can get a 12 core Threadripper for a similar price.
The CPU being expensive doesn't make it good. It was tremendously overpriced as it was planned to launch before Ryzen fucked up Intel's plans.

You should sell it. Someone dumb might buy it because it's a #800X CPU.

Why's this so difficult for you to look up yourself?

56s are $300 on newegg right now.
That's a fucking steal if I've ever seen one.

I want to build a PC to test around server stuff for self-hosted websites, do you have recommandations for low-price AND secure hardware that I could use for this ?

Attached: 44d52a926ff0b885e2bbc78166ca8ce6.jpg (489x499, 28K)

Thinking of getting two of these

>articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-640177846-memoria-ram-ddr4-8gb-2666mhz-adata-xpg-gammix-d10-disipador-_JM?quantity=1&variation=34863815796

That is around $55 USD each. I'd get one now and another one in some months when I have some money. Is this a good idea? Is there a better stick in the same price range?

I have to ask man. How do you not care about paying for Intel's borked shit after all this?

While we wait for Zen 2...
"Gigabyte boards are bad for AMD" Does that include the Designare X399 one? I like no gaming bullshit on my boards. What are general good brands for AM4/TR2?
Has anyone redone benchmarks with the intel fixes, or is it too soon?
Regarding Zen2, and the possible 16 core ryzen one, do you guys think it will be monolithic or use a NUMA design like threadripper?

Looking for a cheap but good case

Aerocool Cylon or Aerocool Aero-800?

Any other?

What would be a better GPU for video editing at 1080p RX 570, 580, or a 1660?

>Beat the shit out of RTX 2070 and GTX 1080.

Attached: young-man-white-shirt-having-260nw-1267307863.jpg (445x261, 15K)

Because it still has the best performance overall

Since I posted too late in the last thread, I'll repost it here:

My main workhorse is pic related.

I want to upgrade the GPU to something a bit newer but I'm limited. The current Radeon HD 8570 only has a 50W current draw. The machine is a Dell Optiplex 3020 I got for cheap from a liquidator. However, Dell decided to go back to their old proprietary garbage and the PSU can't reasonably be upgraded.

Looking for a GPU better than the current Radeon HD 8570 that runs on a paltry 50W or around there. Prefer an AMD GPU if possible.

Attached: primary_box.png (831x734, 42K)

I have a 9900k

Inb4 200W brainlets

How many security mitigations have you enabled and how bad is the core/I/O performance hit?

Asking because I'm considering an i9-9900K as well.

Attached: 1557889101999.png (1414x657, 543K)

>I have a 9700k
FTFY

>>>>>>>intlel

unironically why not AWS or Azure?

>I like no gaming bullshit on my boards.
X377M Taichi?
>do you guys think it will be monolithic or use a NUMA design like threadripper?
semi-NUMA.

580/590, most likely. Much more compute. 580 tends to perform like a 1070 in a lot of workstation tasks.

>Looking for a GPU better than the current Radeon HD 8570 that runs on a paltry 50W or around there. Prefer an AMD GPU if possible.
Why does it have to be 50W?
If you're dead set on low power, upgrade whole PC to 2400G. The iGPU is about 3x more powerful than the 8570, and the total system consumption will be in the 70-150W range depending on how much you OC it.

It uses less power now that you have to disable HT.

Missing like 30 of the intel vulns

Here you go dude.
amazon.com/COMeap-Adapter-Optiplex-Precision-12-inch/dp/B06XGWRTHC/ref=asc_df_B06XGWRTHC/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309743296044&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6217655786000681679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1026254&hvtargid=aud-643574997066:pla-570115745202&psc=1

>unironically why not AWS or Azure?
what's this ?

You know you can shorten that link right?
amazon.com/dp/B06XGWRTHC/

I'm lazy

It's been a month and I still can't decide on what I want for my gaming PC. Every little feature seems like an endless rabbit hole and I'm scared of fucking it up and wasting 1,900$. Not even sure if building a PC is worth it, when pre built pcs are around the same price. But I want to build my own PC. Reeeeeeee

>gaming

Attached: 1557837069314.jpg (300x168, 4K)

don't spend two thousand dollars on a gaming console you moron. buy a ps4 to play bloodborne and build a decent desktop with integrated graphics to do computer things on.

Funny you use a picture of him.
Varg has nothing against video games.

So the Vega56 is better than the 1080 now but just hotter right?

RTX 2060 owner here. Visiting /pcbg/ makes me regret my purchase more and more as I could have waited a month to get a Vega 56 for only $300 USD.

He also has good taste in video games, his top four are great.

>buying a console
Fuck off normie reeeee

Nothing wrong with consoles.

Just consider the savings you make by pirating. If you regularly pay full price for console games, it would take you only 8-10 games to recoup the entire cost of a good value 1080p desktop. The only danger is that once you start getting into this stuff, researching, discussing, etc., you can become too emotionally invested in it and unable to just stop at the sweet spot where your needs have been met for the minimal cost. You start thinking what about 1440p? 4k? What is RTX? Do I need more than 4 cores? Special mouse, headphones, etc, etc, etc, etc. As long as you can avoid that autism, then it makes no sense NOT to have a PC for playing games on.

I've seen the adapters before. The problem with them is that a standard size PSU doesn't fit in these chassis. Like I said: Dell proprietary bullshit. The only option is to have the PSU outside of the chassis, and I'm simply not gonna do that ghetto ass shit. So my only option is to either keep the struggle GPU it already has or find something better with a similar current draw.

Attached: optiplex_3020_psu_shit.jpg (818x610, 135K)

what GPU should i get for playing vidya editing my shitty gaming videos and other shitposts of the sort, have had enough with shitty performance on vegas, and yes i am very aware no one watches my shit, nor do i care the slightets

Attached: 0% mand.jpg (640x718, 54K)

budget is solid midrange, 1070 tier, forgot to mention

I don't see the problem. Vega 56/64 are even better for video editing than the RTX equivalents, not to mention having fantastic gaming performance for lower price.

Wait a few more months. The ryzen 3000 series, navi, news about Nvidia 7nm cards and whatever intel is planning for 2019 will be revealed in that time and all of these have the potential to be worthwhile considerations for your build.

kek imagine being elitist about g a y m e s

There are non-standard size PSUs.
Why not buy a new $20 case, too? You're really gimping yourself making strange requirements instead of fixing the source of those problems.
$20 case
$30 psu
$110 RX570
and you'll have a like 10 times stronger GPU.

you forgot the motherboard to go with it, 'cause Dell clearly ain't using an ATX board.

Consoles are even worse than Intel

No you use the fucking converter that the other user linked you jesus you're beyond help aren't you

at least console use secure CPUs.

So how is this?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Lg9qjy

I'd be using only one 8Gb stick for some weeks until I can buy another one.
The Corsair cx650m is available in a store near me at 50% less so I guess I should take it.

Anything you guys would change?

Attached: 2019-05-02-192835_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 886K)

Forgot to mention I'll use a 100GB intel SSD I have laying around here somewhere and also a 1TB HDD I also have around here.

I can't spend any more money.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Lg9qjy
>$177 for an RX570
>$86 shipping on case
>board without VRM heatsinks
Just save up more money for the 2x8GB of RAM, too. By the time you have enough, shit will probably be cheaper. Do you really need a new PC *now*?

Where do I go to find a win7 license?

Buying single sticks 2 times could be risky. Different batches of the same memory models could have different secondary and tertiary timings.
Corsair cx's should be avoided as those fail at a higher rate within the first year.

>>board without VRM heatsinks
What board should I get? Honest question. I feel so overwhelmed by the many options on boards.

>>$86 shipping on case
I'd be getting everything on stores not listed in pcpartpicker, most components even have free shipping so don't mind that.

All you can get is OEM

It is 'better' if you don't mind tweaking the bios, memory clocks, memory timings and power limit to 400w.
There's nothing to regret as both are similar enough. You're only losing out on 2gb vram which may or may not matter in the future.

Sony Vegas is a video editing program

>I feel so overwhelmed by the many options on boards.
Cheapest that's not gigabyte and has a VRM heatsink I guess.
Gaming Plus is usually a decent cheap option but I don't know what shit is like wherey ou live dude.
>I'd be getting everything on stores not listed in pcpartpicker, most components even have free shipping so don't mind that.
then put that in there.

>Corsair cx's should be avoided as those fail at a higher rate within the first year.
It's also refurbished, I just noticed.

But it's so cheap. Oh man I don't know.

You know what's not cheap? Replacing your computer parts if your shitty PSU fries them.

maybe you didn't fucking read where user said:

>Why not buy a new $20 case, too? You're really gimping yourself making strange requirements instead of fixing the source of those problems.
>$20 case
>$30 psu
>$110 RX570
>and you'll have a like 10 times stronger GPU.

If you're recommending buying a new case, and we all know Dell's good for using non-standard sized components (i.e. the aforementioned PSU for starters), then if I'm getting a new case, I'll need a new motherboard 'cause I won't be able to use the Dell joint I already have.

Alright.
I'll go with the EVGA 500B.

Is this good?

To be fair, at least that PSU doesn't have a reputation of bombing PCs.
It just has a reputation of failing itself.

Is this enough for 1440p 144hz?
pcpartpicker.com/list/r4sbbX

I read it. You're just dumb.
You can put a dell board in a different case what the fuck.

It's not "good". But it's okay.

Nothing will run 144hz in every game.

That is obvious. But for the most part as of now, I should be okay?
At this point all I play is rust, dayz, and rainbow.

Rainbow 6 siege runs at 144fps @ 1440p on Vega64. That's overkill.
I'm not sure about Rust and DayZ. I'm sure they run a lot worse. Those seem like the sorts of shitty optimized games which won't run at 144fps no matter what your hardware is.

Look at youtube and see how people run those other games. But for Intel you have to assume performance is far worse now since the patches and disabling HT.

That is what I play now.
I don’t know what I may play in a year.

No, you really can't. I've tried a number of times. The last time I could actually put a Dell board in a standard ATX case was with my old Slot-1, Dell XPS-450 but even that machine was fucked up by Dell's infamous ATX-but-not-ATX PSU's. Their old PSU's used a standard ATX molex connector, but had a different pin-out so that if you replaced your PSU with a standard one it would fry the mobo and possibly your PCI cards as well.

And all of that is moot. I'm not looking for a shitload of performance, just something a bit better than what I have. I don't play a lot of games, and definitely nothing "modern" but I to have CS:GO and a handful of other games. My other machine has a 2GB GT710 in it and CS:GO runs ok (it's a Xeon X3220 aka C2Q 6600), and I've seen where this thing is a bit faster than a GT730 so I'm looking for better than that.

How should one remove thermal paste from CPU?

Is a Tensorbook worth buying?

Reminder you are only allowed to post cpu benchmarks where Intel wins.

lick it off

>Reality is that performance where CPU is the bottleneck (like having only 6 threads in witcher 3) dropped 10% or more and the new patches drop it close to up to another 10%.
Performance is kind of identical for gaming/benches
Before MC and OS update:
valid.x86.fr/rtkaim
After:
valid.x86.fr/n4vtxm

Cinebench got the same 2.1k for me too.
spectre/meltdown is 5% hit at worst (even less with recent retpoline updates. 3dmark CPU test reported just 2% lower scores for me)

>CPU-Z
>Cinebench
>3DMark
Wow those are my favorite games

Trying to make a good budget gaming PC for my friend that should be able to play mostly everything at a minimum of 30 fps on low settings
Anything I should change on this to fit that better so the pricing is better for him?
pcpartpicker.com/list/WP6nxG

You can't find a better mobo in budget?

>Wow.. I got no idea how this mitigation works, but I assure you that games will be definitely slower! Because.. magic or something

I threw that together in minute just kind of downgrading parts I have so it's probably kind of shit for it's purpose

Get a disposable microfiber cloth and wipe it down with Isopropyl Alcohol. Wipe both the heatsink and CPU.

>tfw poorfag
>tfw fell for the 4670k meme in 2013 when the 4790 was coming out
>tfw shit chip can't go past 4.3
>tfw spectre patch
>tfw zombieload patch

Attached: 1552181285602.webm (720x404, 1.98M)

least expensive way to obtain a legit copy of windows? i want to buy a legit copy but was wondering if there was a way to save money.

Attached: huge video game comic titties.jpg (669x1193, 120K)

Buy a grey market key from trustworthy ebay seller or kinguin etc.

Something I've never thought of before for some reason:
If the recent CPU vulns target multithreading in CPUs, will they affect me if my CPU doesn't have multithreading support?

What's the difference between using one stick of 16GB RAM and two 8GB ones?
Does it matter which one I go for?

No you need the patches AND to disable HT. Not one or the other. If you don't have HT, you still need the patches.

Read the link in the OP. Pretty sure it goes over that and why single channel is bad.

>tweak memory timings
does that actually make a difference?

If you've given two choices, LG 24MK430H and Samsung S24F350, which one would you choose?

Attached: LG vs Samsung.png (1570x630, 1.61M)

one stick = single channel
two sticks = dual channel

you want dual channel for more memory bandwidth which means increased performance.