Look, I'm not actually that smart when it comes to computers at all...

Look, I'm not actually that smart when it comes to computers at all, but i know at least enough to know what my problem is. I've been using paint tool sai v2 and photoshop on this computer for months now, and after updating windows cause i was pissed at it bugging me theyve been having problems running. I have 16gb of ram, installed myself, and have no idea how disk space works but manually close down windows search as needed to free it up.

Sai isnt having the problem of taking up TOO MUCH ram, its light as fuck, its having a problem where its barely taking any ram AT ALL, and is running incredibly slowly. For exapmple, ill open it, itll take a while, and ill click yes on a recovery prompt. ill leave it in te background for like 5 minutes then the recovery window pops up, another 5 minutes all the icons have loaded. The only time it works is if i open it on startup, and if youre an artist too you know i cant just keep it open, sometimes I have to restart it because of a tablet driver error, but thats not as annoying as rebooting!

do any of you know whats going on? if you can help me ill literally draw u some sick ass fucking hentai or something, ill send examples of my work upon request. I tried looking this up on google, but all of the search results are about taking too much ram and i know how to fix that. thanks for ur time yall

Attached: help.png (2510x1186, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/
crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDiskInfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesn't sound like it's a RAM issue; now post examples of your art.

more recent photoshop stuff as well, also the double fish tentacle thing is a coincidence if youd belive it lmaooo im not even into that too much: tldr i wont judge unless its really oof, like a /d/orse or a ladypot whats up with yall

Attached: cuttle.png (1024x1024, 1.6M)

So i looked it up and it's probably just some Windows Pajeet watching you draw using the backdoors.

Nice. Keep the task manager open when you start it and watch the CPU and Disk % usage, it sounds like it may be maxxing out one of those, which causes the program to freeze (this is called a bottleneck).

Please remove ABP and install uBlock Origin

MOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDSSSSSS

>Disk
>46%
What's your hard drive? I'm guessing not an SSD. Sort by disk usage and post results.
Warning though: I'm a scalefag and I only accept ferals or flat chested anthros.

My problem is it gets to this point of not responding when i start it up, and yet there isnt any visible reason for it to? sai's disk usage doesnt spike and neither does it's ram usage, it just stays at a consistent level even if nothing else is taxing to the computer.

if i wait for like, 10 minutes it starts functioning , but again sometimes i have to shut it down a couple of times because drawing tablets are notoriously wonky, and this is honestly just worrying to me? as a person who uses photoshop a lot too (see the blue babe above) ive been using sai as an effective lighter weight drawing program for a long time. I tend to open it if i need to edit a picture quickly for a meme and mspaint wont do the job, and its ALWAYS just opened no problem. Im just worried about if this new update can effect other things on my computer, and/or if theres a fix for it thats pretty simple I just dont know about (like closing windows seach, etc.)

Attached: help.png (1920x1078, 220K)

be warned im not as skilled at dragons n furries but im not half bad

more task manager pics are on the way

Attached: help.png (968x590, 105K)

tried to catch the lot of it by quickly switching to it after posing on here, it was at 57% for like a millisecond before i could screenshot though

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 185K)

Try using crystal disk info (program - free) to see the current state of your HDD. Might be that

Yeah that's a Seagate BarraCuda.
I also take birds if you can do them, and it doesn't have to be nsfw. I like cutes.

Was everything in the same order? Your disk shouldn't be mostly capped on background system stuff. Is everything slow?
Install crystal disk info and check the SMART status just to see if maybe it's dying.
crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

Try reinstalling the program as well, it may be an issue of the program caching bad files.

its not that slow of a computer actually, but its a weird one. if this has anything to do with the current situation, when i first purchased it it was EXTREMELY slow, and i didnt know why. After a while though it sorted itself out and i still dont know how it managed to do it. It runs pretty fine now, especially after adding 8 more gb of ram a few months back. It only ever has problems with after effects or photoshop, but after effects is a beast and photoshops pretty gnarly too. if it isnt those two its always background tasks that slow the disk but idk why.

I reinstalled the program and eveything, still has the same issues. I also restarted a few times (obviously) and have tried priotitizing it as well but im not sure how that works and it didnt seem to help anyway so i reset that back to normal.

also, it does have its miracuclous moments where it runs if i wait, but not always. i also have a better bet if i open a sai file directly and cause it to open as the program starts up, but again, not always. when it acts up, its almost like its not responding. I have to hide all my windows and then click it in the taskbar to even see it, and nothing within it reponds to keystrokes or clicking.

Attached: help.png (484x452, 76K)

Attached: rbu_b.png (621x479, 32K)

will this delete any files created after I've updated?

You're using a hard drive on Windows 10. That's asking for trouble. You need to get a SSD for a comfortable Windows experience.

Need the disk info, not a benchmark. They're different applications.
Also this: Windows 10 is ass on HDDs, especially slow laptop HDDs like you have.

Your files will be fine. Stuff that was installed recently will not.

im not sure how to show u the disk info user, someone above mentioned what type that was but im not sure if that was purged along with an example pic or something by the mods

also, um? it aint here for me. im scared i turned a setting off a while ago or something, but am i just missing it?

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 503K)

most recent update was the one that got me, if this helps

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 164K)

The "oh shit go back" button is often not enabled. I think it's only present when a major update is performed.
As for the disk info, you need to install Crystal DiskInfo. Your screenshot was of Crystal DiskMark, a different application made by the same guy. Follow the link.
crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDiskInfo
Download using the blue button for standard edition exe

The biggest thing in that update is new patches against the speculative execution side channel attacks that CPUs have been suffering from. You probably want that protection.

my bad! here, sorry my dumb ass clicked the green one lmao

then yea, its probably just my disk catching up on me and not the update

Attached: help.png (1920x1080, 462K)

Install gentoo or
Reset windows.

Your disk doesn't actually look terrible. You have a good number of power cycles and hours for a tiny lightweight laptops disk, but no reallocated sectors and a somewhat moderate read error rate. I'd expect it to last at least another year before showing pre-failure symptoms.
You should try just reinstalling paint tool sai, and if that has no effect you may want to consider backing up all your shit (which you should be doing at least monthly anyway!) and performing a PC reset from that recovery screen. Do consider an SSD for your next upgrade. The bang/buck is actually bigger than going from 8 to 16GB of memory.

There are many other things I'd check before resorting to using the shotgun approach as such, but diagnosing an issue through Jow Forums isn't easy and I don't expect you to be grinding through logs, process explorer and procmon to figure out where paint sai is stalling.

hm, i think just for now ill see about restarting my computer to open it, and ill look into getting a new hard drive/backup. i was looking into a backup anyway but im not sure where to start besides trying to get one good rpm and such-im just paranoid about it breaking pre-maturely yknow?

i suppose ur the winner tho 70972415 :D! congratz, and thanks for the help all of yall! please select ur prize...

The WD MyBook external drives tend to contain high quality disks and they're reasonable cheap. For an internal disk, always go SSD in this day and age. The Crucial MX 500 and WD Blue are both good and they go for ~$110 for a terabyte. The hard part is getting windows reinstalled on the new disk since you need to create install media on a flash drive and boot from it. A guide can show you how to do it though.

If you were really serious, I'll take any kind of dragon, bird or theropod dinosaur (raptors) doing whatever you like, including just being adorable or comfy. Artist's pick, have fun with it. If you really can't think of anything then I can suggest a character and pose, but I'd rather you do something you want to with as few restrictions as possible.

MODS MODS MODS
MOOOOOOOOOOODS
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

There is nothing against the rules about this thread, except for it being tech support. A jannie was already through here to delete a lewd pic and that was over an hour ago. I think it's staying up.

I just yelled mods because I think they are cute

I think you're cute, user.

>Antimalware Service Executable
>Antimalware
Download and run Malwarebytes

That's just defender. It's always doing shit in the background. Sometimes it can flip the fuck out and eat all the CPU and disk access time, but it looks well behaved in the screenshots.

Weird, I had no issues with Sai V1 being slow or anything, and my laptop uses an HDD as well.

Granted I haven't tried V2 out (and I'm worried that getting the trial might fuck up my cracked V1) but surely they shouldn't be too different in performance?

Sai is pretty well put together. I suspect something is conflicting with it, but I think we've gotten to the point where deeper analysis would require someone actually remoting into his computer. It's obviously not some common problem and who knows how long it would take to figure out what's actually happening.

You need to buy an SSD. Windows 10 is practically unusable when you install it to a hard disk.

Sorry, but there's probably no other long-term fix. Try temporarily disabling Windows Defender.

Attached: slant-600x325.jpg (600x325, 21K)

Disabling Defender doesn't even help much. Mysterious hidden internal Windows shit (represented by the System process) can chew tens of IOPS by itself.

Whelp I'm going to bed and there's no guarantee the thread will stay up. I live in so feel free to drop in, especially if you happen to draw a thing.

>using Windows 10 and getting it up to date
>conplaining about bad resource management/optimization
Stop fucking trusting Microsoft. All of that is your fault by using winblows 10 nigger

When windows 10 installs updates it scans the entire computer for statistics such as compatability and other stats, this can take a long time on older harddrives.
I'd try defragging the harddrive to help speed it up a little but the real solution is changing it out for an ssd.

I'm using the 2018-12-17 version and it works fine.
Your SAI2 beta version is outdated, update it.

>updated windows
>wonder why there are problems

> do any of you know whats going on?
Install SSD.

>Buy a closed sourced Window computer
>It updates automatically and you can't stop it
>Breaks small things every time
>Buy an open source Linux computer
>Updates constantly available, if you don't do them you're vulnerable
>Say a prayer and hit go after six weeks of running insecure
>Breaks catastrophically
>Reinstall Gentoo every time

Attached: haista_vittu.gif (360x240, 1.86M)

Uninstall and reinstall the programs.

reseat your cpu

>Reseat a laptop CPU

Attached: 1512701610206.png (403x448, 53K)