Why the FUCK didn't anyone tell me about this?

>Ryzen 7 2700 non-x
>pick this cooler up for $43 FUCKIN DOLLARS at Newegg
>1.4v, 4.2 Ghz, 73C under Load max temp
>at stock speed loads runs 49C and is entirely inaudible at these RPMs
>mfw doesn't look bad
>outperforms almost all water coolers except 360s and hangs with or beats all Noctuas and BeQuiets which cost more than 2x the price

Again, why the FUCK didn't anyone tell me these were a thing?

Attached: Fuma Rev B resized.png (1625x983, 3.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0VfsR3YF24s
youtube.com/watch?v=hUKQcEak0hg
relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1.4v
say goodbye to your computer in a few months

Noctua pays their shills better, BeQuiet gives free shit to YouTube reviewers
Scythe hasn't paid their shills in quite a while

Yeah no AMDrone will ever tell you that Ryzen CPUs are furnaces that need huge ass cooler, there is a reason AMD uses a bigger cooler than Intel, and even then Stock cooler can't even cool that burning volcano.

>there is a reason AMD uses a bigger cooler than Intel
Because the stock intel cooler is literally useless (for most people)

I bought a used cryorig r1 ultimate for 48 bucks used

Attached: 2700x temps.png (513x40, 2K)

You pay a premium for the Noctua and it's better but hard to justify the cost increase, anyway those huge heatsinks suck, memory compatibility is a bitch.

t. Good Goy

Attached: haredi-intel.jpg (636x390, 35K)

I love how amd is cold and completely shitty due to low clocks and shitty latency

These are load temps?

Most CPUs can take 1.4 volts indefinitely, or at least for many years. 1.45 is starting to push longevity of the chip. 1.5 is high risk LN cooled 1 minute bench run tier.

I will say that installing this thing wasn't that much fun. The middle fan especially was a searing pain in my assholes and I realize that I will have to take it off if I want to use 4 DIMMs and even then I'll have to make sure it's low profile.

>memory compatibility is a bitch.
This wouldn't be an issue if DIMM makers quit being retarded and just released standard height RAM
There is not a single reason for all the retarded heat spreader designs you see in the market, even 3200mhz kits shouldn't even need any heatspreader but nope they add the shit anyway and then glue it so well that you risk ripping off ICs if you want to remove it

Attached: 41Qhof-fufL.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Scythe and Thermalright are underrated.

Scythe is underrated I give you that, not sure about Thermalright though.

only a light load of firefox I think I hit about 75 on prime 95

Never heard of Thermalright, but I am impressed by this cooler. Can't say it's the prettiest one on the market or that it was the easiest to install, but its performance is excellent, even more so when you consider the price of this thing. I originally wanted to water-cool my PC but several youtube vids convinced me to get this thing. It does look a tad unbalanced having a massive hunk of metal hanging over my GPU but when it keeps the chip that cool for $43 I'll accept it.

Attached: 2700.png (949x614, 1.41M)

pic showing just how big it is, the GPU is an Aorus RX 580 which is a decent size card.

Attached: rig w cooler.png (953x641, 1.31M)

Lmao those temps are gonna fry the fuck out of your silicone and you'll keep having to up voltage to keep it stable.
My 2700x runs stock 4ghz boost max 65 degrees flat out.
Enjoy your 5% faster benchmarks for double the power use required to keep it at those clocks wow a whole 200mz!? What is this 2000?

>65w cpu
>put a fuck huge massive 2 (3) fan cooler on it
>overclock it to 100 mhz above stock boost speed
>still hits 73C
lolamd

>Lmao those temps are gonna fry the fuck out of your silicone
no offense here, but are you Gay? 73C and 49C aren't anywhere near damaging the silicone. The chips don't even throttle themselves until 99C.
>he doesn't understand using boost speed for gaymes and an all-core overclock for getting work done in rendering and editing software

are you a corelet, user? It's if you are, you'll be able to get 8c/16t in a few weeks here for under $200.

Noctura dh15 fag here they are expensive for a reason their fans and coolers are the best in the industry and I actually need them because of ausfag summers where it's hot as fuck.
Watercooling does fuck all if the ambient air temp is 30-50 degrees months on end
And those fans suck ass hence why your temps are so high they move fuck all air
w cpu
>>put a fuck huge massive 2 (3) fan cooler on it
>>overclock it to 100 mhz above stock boost speed
>>still hits 73C
>lolamd
He's fuckwhit the 2700/x is based

At those volts it is you fucking moron why do u think overclockers use ln2 pots and industrial chillers? It's too stop the chip degrading at high voltage not just to keep it cool.
I bet that isn't even under full workload avx heavy stuff either so rip your CPU when it actually gets stressed
>DURR it's fine I like ran p95 for a day
Try running it flat out for years.
Fair enough if your just gonna drop a zen2+ in there but long term I wouldn't be running it that hot

.4v, 4.2 Ghz, 73C under Load max temp
lol my AIO doesn't even get to 60C at same config

I know being Australian already gave this away, but you must be gay if you think 73C is too hot for a CPU that is drawing close to 190w at that point. Also, of course it's not as good as the 2700x, but that's why it doesn't cost as much. You can get near it easily, though, for less money, and since the non-X can boost to 4.15 Ghz for games it's a pretty good deal. I paid $100 less than the 2700x price for mine.

I used to have a Xigmatek Thor's hammer with a super quiet scythe fan just running at full speed (basically inaudible though). To this day the best temps I've gotten on air. "Upgraded" it to a DeepCool Assassin II and my temps are a few degrees worse.

Lots of memes and shady reviews in the cooler business OP. I think scythe is underrated.

>playing games doesn't get above 60C
>meanwhile OP is running all 8 cores at 100% at 4.2Ghz in CPU-Z

I honestly don't give a fuck what you do with your hardware.

Lmao if you don't have Ac when the heatwave comes

All of them provide free products to reviewers. Every single one.

Not sure about getting directly paid, as I haven't been by any cooler manufacturers.

Attached: 1524814710769.jpg (984x885, 66K)

You don't sell RAM if it looks all the same

I have always been under the impression that Japanese companies deliver better-engineered products at lower prices.

>cheap cars that run forever
>cheap watches that run forever
>cheap cameras that work forever
>CPU coolers that work forever.

Seems like the Japanese are just good at engineering things.

>Nuclear power plants that work forev-
Whoops.

I was about to say this is purely anecdotal, but it actually isn't: yes Scythe has some of the best coolers available. The Fuma Rev. B is the highest performance air cooler I've reviewed to date, and it's only, what, $40?

Scythe's products are insanely good from an absolute performance standpoint and in terms of price. They just do an awful job of marketing in western countries; at ~30k subs I'm the biggest channel the regularly reviews their stuff. They'll get through to the others like GamersNexus occasionally, but not very often (at least from what I've seen).

>you'll be able to get 8c/16t in a few weeks here for under $200.
wat dat

Supposably the next Ryzen 5 chip gonna into 8c/16t, at approximately $180. We will see soon if that is the case or not. Even still the Ryzen 7 2700 is now going below $200 in some cases, so that leads me to believe that the rumors are true.
Wanna post your review?

Here it is: youtu.be/0VfsR3YF24s

Side note you can get an 8c/16t processor for under $200 right now, the Ryzen 7 1700 and 1700X have been hovering at or below that mark for a couple weeks. But it's probably worth waiting for Zen2 to come out to see what's what, since those are probably launching in... June? Everyone's been saying June right?

>Silicone
The level of amdrones

I have a ryzen and he's right. shit is hot. I open fortnite and use it as a heater

Marketing...

I have a scythe mugen 2, still one of the best cooler out there 10 years later. The value and performance proposition of Scythe is unmatched.

Dear god I hope the rumors are true
I will buy a 3850X in a heartbest if it really does boost to 5.1Ghz
I'm on a haswell i5 and just getting a 2700X would be a hell of an upgrade but I want a real heavy clockspeed upgrade and I don't give a shit about no sweet spot bull
I was even looking at a 9900k when it was out but I waited and I'm kinda glad I did as the recent Intel fuck ups where disabling HT is a suggested thing to do is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth

I actually watched your review before I bought the Scythe :). Well done, dude.

This is AMD, not housefire generator.

Attached: 5ghz demo cooling.jpg (650x365, 44K)

I think we're getting to the point where you aren't going to need an upgrade for a long ass time unless you really need to edit photo/videos for work. Gaymes can still run pretty well on 5-6 year old (intel) chips and they're mostly dependent on the GPU. I hear the 3850x is gonna be $500+ though, so I hope for that money the clock speeds are significantly better than Zen 1

Thanks user, glad you liked it

Attached: 1548036414974.jpg (308x308, 40K)

I have a 1800x running at 1.42v.
>tfw can only do 3.9ghz
Never buying an X again.

something gay is going on with Ryzen chips. I have a 2700 that I can get to 4.2Ghz at 1.4v, and it runs fine for 10 minutes on CPU-Z, temperatures level out and everything is ok.

But if I apply ANY overclock Davinci Resolve crashes like 2-3 minutes into the render. Sometimes the PC just freezes, sometimes it goes black and the logo on my GPU starts blinking. I have no idea what the shit is happening here. Running at stock speeds Resolve doesn't crash at all but the smallest overclock makes it shit the bed. The only reason I got this damn chip and the cooler was to render videos faster.

You're cucked for not having the X and pbo.

nah, it's just that Resolve can't handle the overclocks for some reason. I can overclock and play games with no problem and even stress the CPU 100% with no problem. It just sucks that I bought this equipment to render videos fast as shit and I'm losing about 20-25% performance.

You need several different, longer tests to see if your OC is stable, and even then you won't be 100% sure. If the clock speed is fluctuating when it crashes, for example, it could be the voltage's offset. This is why you need thorough tests that simulate different workloads.

Encoding is one, if not the most stressful operation you can do on a CPU even if it's not a "hot" stress test where thermals and power usage are pushed to the limit

>Crashes premiere
That's not a shitpost meme
Ryzen is seriously unstable when rendering with premiere or Photoshop

AIOs are overpriced pieces of crap?
WOAH, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

I was using Resolve though. Why pay Adobe?

thermalright makes the best coolers and spends like no money on marketing. they're the patrician cooler choice.

They had some exposure some 5 years ago when Silver Arrow was beating the shit outta Noctuas (still does, I suppose). But now they don't bother to even make new revisions of their old coolers, which are still great though.
Waiting for AM4 bracket to install this 6 year old boy.

Attached: Thermalright_true_spirit_140_cpu-k_hler_032.jpg (1680x1120, 146K)

Just looking at their products, you're getting like half the amount of physical metal that is included with a typical Scythe, but they're the same price. How is that patrician?

isnt the wraith able to push ryzen to 4.2ghz also and be more quiet

Based

amd wraith is literally the best cooler

PBO is a retarded meme, my 2600x doesn't go above 4.0ghz with it enabled so I manually OC

Damn, I thought the stories of intel shills were exaggerated but here they are, out in the open. You guys really are terrified of the upcoming zen2 release aren't you.

No one argues that the CoolerMaster fans that come bundled with Ryzen are good fans it's just that Ryzen CPUs are a fucking furnace, which is why they need big ass fans to begin with, unlike Intel. But I got you senpai it's Intel's fault for not making their CPU double as a heater.

Im using the stock cooler on my 1700 non X.

Since the fucker is vCore walled to 1.34v @ 3.8Ghz (3.9 requires 1.8ishV) its humid as fuck (current temp is 34°c with rain) and room temperature is shy of 31°c) im golden.

I wanted to buy a Dark Rock 3 but im holding out for Zen 2.

Attached: file.png (518x57, 5K)

the wraith spire that comes with the 2700 non x is a good cooler, but I stopped at 1.25v at 80C with that thing. It's solid for a bundled cooler but it simply isn't enough for a big overclock.

that's not a bad speed though, do you really need more? What are you getting with your own OC?

I don't pay Adobe.
But I was under the impression Divincj resolve was even more expensive.

Attached: 20-144-942-05[1].jpg (1280x960, 119K)

Davinci is free. Theres a pro version thats $400 but thats free if you buy a blackmagic camera

Happy with my r5 2600 @4.2ghz with 1.375v

that's a pretty solid result, you must have gotten a decent chip. What do you do with that speed, just gayme?

Literally recommend scythe coolers all the time in /pcbg/
Stop pretending we don't.

>Nuclear power plants
Ironically, it was american power units(BWR), lol

>there is a reason AMD uses a bigger cooler than Intel
yeah, because Intel has made their heatsinks literally smaller over time despite CPUs still running the same TDP
youtube.com/watch?v=hUKQcEak0hg

Good for you user.
With XFR and PBO, I won't manually OC ever again. Having ranges instead of just two states of boost is max comfy.

Attached: comfy Horatio sauce.png (303x398, 180K)

This but with a 2700X, 3.9-4ghz with pbo, 4.3ghz manual OC.

Game, video edit, play around vms and render.

whenver i OC my chip my editor (resolve) dies. I have to run stock speeds for it to even work.

fair enough, I never read those threads cause I'm usually too broke to build a PC.

>twice the size for the same price
I don't know where you live, but in Merkelreich they're priced basically the same. Except with TR purchases you get actually good 140mm fans.

>watercooling doesn't do anything
>but this hunk of metal does
That's not how any of this works. If you have high ambient temps you would actually benefit from watercooling. Proper watercooling with ample rad space, not some rinkydink CLC.

That's what they said at 32nm. I don't think it's true again now that we're at 16nm and lower.

>fans suck
they're rated for like 73 cfm, what can a good fan do then?

why does die size affect voltage capacity?

wraith spire?
i thought it had the wraith max like the 8350 has

wraith max is basicly on the same level as a 212 evo with less noise
im suprised they bundled it with 8350 and not the 2700

nah, only the 2700x got the wraith max. 2700 non x got the wraith spire since that chip is 65w tdp

Yeah, 8350 got wraith max,
However, it seems to me that they simply put a better fan on their old heatsink, which is nevertheless is pretty decent with heatpipes and shit.

effect*
>die size
No, no you retarded retard
It's the size of the wires. The wires can't handle higher volts at smaller sizes.

relaxedtech.com/reviews/amd/wraith-max-and-wraith-spire-cooler/2

>Again, why the FUCK didn't anyone tell me these were a thing?
Because you haven't astro turfed it yet, faggot!~

Attached: 1500177242188.gif (159x172, 169K)

>if you get a heatsink rated for more tdp than what you're generating the fans wont need to move as much air and will slow down if the bios has that one feature that has existed for decades
woah

had a scythe samurai back in the day (2010), their fucking slim 120mm ventilator was absolutely whisper quit and the cooler pretty amazing for how small it was.

Macho v2 is the best, Gelid got a good one too
Darkrock and Noctuas are overpriced memes

Ryzen is pretty powerefficient too, its not intel@5keks

>say goodbye to your computer in a few months
1.4 is fine for Ryzen if the temps are in check. Voltage requirements depend not only on nm, but also on manufacturing technology. 14nm from Intel can take more voltage than 22nm for example.
Also CPUs don't die from borderline voltages all of the sudden. Just degrade a bit, requiring you to increase voltage or decrease frequency to maintain stability

Attached: GEpOUZU.jpg (408x345, 26K)

Ayy man the fuck i have exactly the same cooler and cpu. It is a bit loud though, might replace with noctua fans.

It's always been retarded to spend more than $40 on a cooler. $20 scythe is enough for most people that don't even push their overclocks but whatever autists gonna drop $120 on some shitty aio always because TUUBESSS

Why would you pay 40 bucks for an agreement cooler when you can get one that is just as quiet for under 30. Why even change from stock when it hardly makes a bothersome sound?

Forgot to add pic

Attached: Screenshot_20190516-111303.jpg (1080x2160, 1.07M)

Either you've got a weird mobo or both your RAM is in the wrong slots.

wow, you found out that fuma rev b cpu cooler is good. too bad that everyone already knows it.

Attached: giphy.gif (493x342, 480K)

No, my 2700X runs at 4.3GHz at 1.45V and it doesn't get over 60C under a all-core, full-core load with an AIO that's barely pushing 800 RPM on the poo fans on it's radiatiators after 2 hours of that said load.

Plus it let me put an actual fan on the VRMs, instead of blocking airflow with a hunk of tower heatsink covering them up.

AIO / water VS heatsink / tower arguments are mostly always retarded, pick the tool for the job.

Attached: +_818ffbcdd5781f636f99b25faae3e6ba.jpg (788x739, 101K)

What AIO do you have? That's pretty good preformance if it isn't a lie.