Soulless

Programming is literally the most soulless work there is

How did I get stuck doing this shit

How do I get out

Attached: anime-series-24.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Just apply for a job at a warehouse and take the huge paycut. Think of it as getting paid to work out.

Actually, you got me. Working in a warehouse is even worse. I just want to do something that feels fulfilling.

at least its not accounting homie...

>wants to feel fulfilled through his job
mfw you fell for that meme

Attached: laughing men.png (465x455, 444K)

I got a job working on open-source and that's a very fulfilling job.
Too bad they're not particularly easy jobs to come by.

Attached: 1474445730968.jpg (750x763, 85K)

Have you tried working on foie gras production? I heard it's pretty fulfilling

Attached: images (5).jpg (640x480, 40K)

I can't spend 8 hours a day hating my life
I wanna die

welcome to modern society, we don't call it slavery anymore but it's the same shit

Do you feel like you have

autonomy
mastery
purpose

At your job? Those are the three keys. I don’t particularly wage slaveish. Unironically grill people about management/agile/devops. Is your management hierarchical or do you feel empowered to use your brain to solve problems? Do your bosses think “I am higher up than you therefore I know what you need to do and how long this will take”? And so on

Grill people about these topics when interviewing, I mean. They are buzzwords now but they are not without merit

>Do you feel like you have
>autonomy
>mastery
>purpose

Literally none of any of them.

But you make a good point... I've had some other dev jobs that didn't make me feel bad as this one does. Guess I just need to find a new job.

I think your problem is less about what you are doing and the company culture you find yourself in

fulfilling, why no selling gaming pc's, thats what im about to do and im a lawyer

welcome to adulthood, see why most dads and moms are tired and soulless

what job in tech area i should get if i am a autismo terrible at social interaction?

db admin

I started taking meth daily and writing kotlin and now I can't stop coding. I just wanna write functional, concurrent code that's beautiful all day long. I rewrote my coworker's 100 line java class in literally 3 lines of pure functional bullshit, but it's very readable still and very efficient. Start writing kotlin and taking meth!!!

>How do I get out
become a redditor

Attached: reddit.png (840x959, 85K)

u can't that how the world work now. Everyone in this fucking world hate their life one ways or another.

What kind of programming do you do? I work in earth science, and 90% of our work is programming, most of us seem to really enjoy it. I even got a second wind-type of thing going on, as a few years ago I thought I'd get sick of the whole computer shit, but doing this type of research got me going again.

>Earth science
Please tell me more about this subject
Is this like geological simulations?

Soulless SaaS web applications. Don't really know how I ended up here, just kinda took the jobs that people offered me. Wish I was in QA or something, at least it would be less stressful.