Holy crap

The internet is just bloat now

Attached: uBlockWorkingOvertime.png (97x37, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
errorcode0x.com/fix-epson-printer-error-code-e-01/
theregister.co.uk/2017/12/20/ghostery_ublock_lead_the_antitrack_pack/
youtube.com/watch?v=i3dB0qEcG20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>4K
Dios mio, las abominacions

Yooo what the fuck? Were you too long in YouTube or what?

Yeah, watching an hour and a half livestream.

I once hit 10k editing a google doc with a bunch of coworkers for a couple hours.

Whenever I have to use modern internet I feel like I'm slowly getting cancer. Ads bigger than sites themselves, auto-playing videos in the background, pop-ups every 2 seconds. These days you need a decent machine to browse internet! Only browse!
I found my old Core 2 Duo laptop recently, shit was unusable in the most sites.

Attached: 1546496413554.jpg (318x256, 20K)

I was a strong advocate for not using adblockers until one website plastered so many ads on it, it slowed my entire computer to a crawl. This was a fairly powerful gaming PC as well; not some slouch laptop. Needless to say I never browse without an adblocker now.

uMatrix is now a required tool for browsing the internet. Open it up pretty much anywhere and you see like 20 domains pulling in tracking cookies, images, js files doing god knows what, and so on.

key is to block it before it bloats your system. I like using Waterfox with uBlock Origin & NoScript combo. For my older android phone I just use Brave. You have to block so many things now because 1 website could be pulling from up to 20 other websites for ad and web tracking purposes.

it's so sad man. hardware improvement had to come but it came too soon.

My uBlock usually doesn't have to do too much because I don't allow a bunch of JS like a retard.

Everything to do with the modern internet is bloat, the web browsers and websites both, it's all junk and you should avoid using them at all costs

>account needed on most sites => need email
>email account is 99.99999% spam
>can't log into gmail and other things even with correct password on wrong machine
>takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
>sites force political correctness
>sites try to shill you garbage to buy
>"content creators"
>Hit follow and SMASH DAT like button
>*asks for phone number*
>user specific controlled internet experiece ( aka echo chamber aka thought bubble) via cancer search algos/user profiling
>bulletin dead
>only usable via bloat browser
>blogs, so many fucking blogs
>politics tries to "reform" internet
Time to go out

>account needed on most sites => need email
if this is the case the site you're using is not worth your time
>email account is 99.99999% spam
you can unsubscribe to most of those. read the fine print on the bottom.
>bulletin dead
worthwhile boards are still there. i much prefer imageboard style forums, though.
>only usable via bloat browser
you can use something like qutebrowser. i am concerned about extensive use of client side javascript. though.
>blogs, so many fucking blogs
haha, don't read them? nothing wrong with people expressing their opinions. i've come across countless solutions to my tech related problems by reading blog entries.
>sites force political correctness
>"content creators"
>Hit follow and SMASH DAT like button
>politics tries to "reform" internet
haven't really encountered these.
>sites try to shill you garbage to buy
>*asks for phone number*
>user specific controlled internet experiece ( aka echo chamber aka thought bubble) via cancer search algos/user profiling
these are bullshit, yep.

Attached: Arikawa_Hime_Holding_C_Programming_Language_wp.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

whast need seriously is making a new ocmputer networks for yourselves to post on we need this dnssoon but mke from ground up better and rtule out all mistaks from old source

A strict security browser needs to be made that loads only from primary domain. Anything 3rd party gets blocked automatically.

>Time to go out
I went /out/ yesterday, was comf.
Sat on the ground for like an hour just enjoying the atmosphere.

That'll just end up with all ads, tracking, etc. being proxied through the website's server (read: CloudFlare) and being even harder to block.

>my JavaScript blocking addon doesn't see much use since I use it to block JavaScript

still using my C2D craptop and SII gookphone to browse, its perfectly functional.
my real complaints arent ads, which i block entirely, but site designs leaning to vox/medium styles where there is a narrow column of GIANT fucking text to appeal to retards with HD phones and screens.

The internet issue happens with everyone as we have all faced the network issue while doing the work online. I once have faced issue in connecting the wireless printer through wifi and have to ask errorcode0x.com/fix-epson-printer-error-code-e-01/ to fix the issue.

>google docs
Heh, when I was in grad school people would get pissed at me for not working on shit "together" remotely via google docs. Eventually I caved and just got a SBC and set up a filter on it, which culled a lot of it, but after a bit that number would creep up into the tens of thousands.

is uMatrix better than uBlock Origin?

Twitch.tv is for manchilds.

>Using both uMatrix and PrivacyBadger
Why would you need the abortion that is badger when uMatrix does everything better and blocks by default?

Because heuristic-based add-ons like Privacy Badger are the future.

theregister.co.uk/2017/12/20/ghostery_ublock_lead_the_antitrack_pack/

Attached: privacy-badger-student-fix.png (1200x600, 31K)

The highest I've seen it is >38k. The audacity and mental retardation required for companies to get pissy about blocking ads is astounding.
I don't give a fuck what some meddlesome old ratbag in a suit thinks, it's my computer and internet connection, I have final say on what goes through it. Wankers.

What the fuck is SBC? A browser?

Attached: 1492441832076.jpg (311x311, 14K)

Single board computer. You can use them for more than just playing video games, user. Pretty handy little things for dedicated tasks around the house.

SHHHHEEEIT!

tor and hidden services are the future of the free internet. the surface level web has been completely seized by corporate culture and platitudinous political bullshit

Like a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino?

Attached: 100437_1024x1024.jpg (1024x866, 129K)

Problem with using such services is that they are already being monitored by ISPs, your data will just be sold in another method.
Raspberry piece of shit, yup.

>Tor is monitored by my ISP
Enjoy the encrypted traffic

I've always wanted to start getting into custom Arduino projects. One day, user. One day I will.

Attached: kdfLWp1.jpg (1365x2048, 313K)

>autoplay videos
I hope the faggot who thought this was a good idea rots in hell

They are meant to be used simultaneously.

Heh, weren't around for all the midi usage back in the 90s?
youtube.com/watch?v=i3dB0qEcG20
>trying to be sneaky late at night on dial up internet
>pray parents don't hear the KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSH STRONKKKKKKKK
>load up hentai shrine
>fucking midis blare through the speakers

kinda your own fault for not turning off the speakers

>privacy badger

Attached: 1551133713516.jpg (578x512, 25K)

When you're 12 and trying to jerk off you're too hyper vigilant for such acts of common sense.
>go back home with high school sweetheart who followed you to college on Christmas break
>sleep in the same bed
>joke about when we were teenagers and had to sneak around to fuck
Something is lost with this laissez-faire attitude towards such things these days. Stunts development, I think.

>heuristic-based add-ons are the future.
Why?
On one hand we have uMatrix, which actually blocks any 3-rd party scripts by default, essentially protecting your system and allowing you to whitelist what you think is necessary.
On the other hand there is PB, that allows everyone to rape your system and then MAYBE will decide to (partially) block some of them when they are done anyway.

I can see only normies using it, since it doesn't break any web pages.

r8 my setup Jow Forums

Attached: addons.png (371x55, 10K)

doesn'tknowwhathesdoing/10

see

its a bank

Attached: hsbc.jpg (1280x842, 47K)

isnt that the airport thing

Jow Forums.ORG WOULD LIKE TO DISPLAY NOTIFICATIONS
BLOCK ALLOW