/spg/-smartphone general

Motorola one vision edition
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
Old bread:

Attached: motorola-one-vision-1.jpg (710x736, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1128774585699184641?s=19
slickdeals.net/f/13067710-google-store-eligible-apple-smartphone-trade-in-towards-google-pixel-3a-up-to-250-credit-100-google-store-credit
gizmochina.com/2019/05/16/redmis-killer-flagship-k20-will-feature-snapdragon-855-with-an-outrageous-antutu-score/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What phones do you guys use?

When will S10e drop in price?

Attached: 1506658036902.png (655x599, 277K)

Apparently Mi Mix 3 works well with T-Mobile.
How true is this?
Can anyone with Mi Mix 3 on T-Mobile vouch for it?
Apparently most/almost all bands work/are supported.
What doesn't work?

Attached: xiaomi-mi-mix-3-04-600x600.jpg (600x600, 88K)

When the s11 comes out.

And when it does, the drop won't be that significant.

Currently Moto Z2 Force

$550 at Best Buy, friend.

I'm a Euro heh

Dang. Well, $550 was a good price for me since I was upgrading from an LG G6.

>tfw leaf
J U S T
U
S
T

Attached: 1533950945658.png (1470x670, 303K)

So, assuming you have access to that $550 S10e deal, is it worth going for?

I see all these OnePlus 7 Pro clones and copies coming out in the coming weeks but none of them have the 90hz display, what the fuck is even the point?

Like if I could get the OP7P for cheaper, sure that's cool but if the display is just fucking worse what's even the point?

The 90hz screen is really only good if you play Fortnite.

Thinking about escaping from Apple. If I get an S10e, do I keep the original OS? Have no idea what the fuck I'm doing

also the only other thing that makes me hesitate is the sheer fuckload of porting over various media including rebuying apps

You can feel the smoothness as well, brah. Literally feels smoother than a baby's ass, senpai

>Why is the k20 going to be that special? Xiaomi has really shitty software and will cut corners fucking everywhere
What do you mean by cutting corners? They're not the ones excluding a micro SD card slot, headphone jacks, 4000 mAh batteries and even IR blasters. Even their mid range devices have been progressing in every regard throughout the years. On the other hand most flagships are excluding that. Not to worry about software - they're as developer friendly as OnePlus.
>Will it have a 90hz screen too though?
>That's a big selling point to me
Why? Do you want just average battery life at best? We don't yet know, but we will in 2 days.

For 200$ what phone should i pick anons ?

OneUI is actually decent, but you can do stuff like install Nova Launcher or even Microsoft's Launcher if you want to change how the home menu and some of the UI works.

>tfw kangarooland
eh could be worse

Attached: 1543463847994.png (1387x405, 174K)

People say all this shit about 60hz monitors too.

Higher frame rates is just better for an overall experience, the fuck is your guy's problems?

Do you use anything more than 60hz as a computer monitor? The fluidity changes everything, not just gayming.

>You can feel the smoothness as well, brah. Literally feels smoother than a baby's ass, senpai
What the fuck kind of an explanation is that? And it's not like anyone could see that without having the phone in hand, although that's not happening outside of the US. You're also getting just about average battery life with the latest Snapdragon SoC and a 4000 mAh battery.

I'll be honest, if the Razer Phone 2 had a headphone jack I would've bought one because that 120hz display is sex and the damn thing is pretty cheap these days.

S7

Since when do Android UI animations run at more than 60 fps? This is kind of a drastic change and as far as I'm aware it hasn't been announced. Not sure what you'll be achieving with a 90 Hz refresh rate display with the UI animations not programmed to go over 60 fps.

When either the Note 10 or S11 comes out

High refresh rate makes a world of difference in everything.

I travel from burgerland to Portugal quite often. I want to buy a Mi9 what is the cheapest place to buy? I csn buy online in Europe and have it shipped to Portugal. Or buy online in Burgerland

>saying nothing again but with different wording

>tfw got chinked hard
shouldn't have trusted a chinkphone bros

You'd see it if you used one yourself. It's not something that can be really explained over words. I went from a 60hz display to a high refresh rate one, even moving the mouse cursor around and scrolling through pages feels infinitely smoother.

Since when do Android UI animations run at more than 60 fps? This is kind of a drastic change and as far as I'm aware it hasn't been announced yet or at all. Not sure what you'll be achieving with a 90 Hz refresh rate display when the UI animations are not programmed to go over 60 fps.

>be me
>Own S10+, Aryan version
>Just bought an iPad air
Is there a better combination?

>Is there a better combination?
Yeah, not wasting money. Pretty sweet combination if you ask me.

Sorry but I'm not a poorfag so I'm not going to entertain your post.

You already did.

That was actually my iPad typing that out. It's really advanced, unlock your chinkshit

Now check these

(This message sent from Cody's iPad)

Sorry, forgot my dubs

>Not sure what you'll be achieving with a 90 Hz refresh rate display when the UI animations are not programmed to go over 60 fps.
Smoother everything, bro. It'll feel and when the content allows it, look far smoother as well

when do you think nokia 6.2 or equivalent will release?

redmi note 5 (im not indian)

Why the fuck do you want a chinkshit copy of a chinkphone?

Get a phone with android one

Welcome to chink world, bro

Looking for a new smartphone
Budget is ~$250
With T-Mobile, but I'm assuming that doesn't matter if the phone is unlocked
Priority is
Good camera (at least 10MP, I don't know if that's considered good now a days)
headphone jack

not so high priority, but would be nice
expandable storage
ability to rice it out ( I never ended up doing this with my OPO, but having the option was nice)

If it's relevant, I currently am using a OP One, got it way back before launch when there was that whole code invite scheme thing. Solid phone, but after trying everything software related and a new sim card, I keep loosing or not getting signal. It's gotta be a a hardware issue, and the cost to repair would be about half of what my budget for a new phone is, so might as well get a new phone.
I probably just missed a phone call for a new job interview and thus lost the job, so a new phone is now highest on my financial priorities lol

Attached: Edward-Burtynsky-Three-Gorges-Dam1.jpg (1279x1023, 1.67M)

Smooth 90hz for 3 years max because the amoled display degrades. How much is the replacement? Is it worth to pay premium for this kind of experience? Sounds like a scam to me.

Get a OnePlus 3T.

>How much is the replacement?
20-35USD

You mean you've never had the joy of a high refresh rate anything? My bad, bruh, looks like my expectations were too high for ya

High refresh rate has to be seen to be believed.

Where did you get that? How easy is it to swap? Is the part as good as original?

Bought my mom this for mother's day. She seems to like this mobile botnet.

Attached: 20190515_033614.jpg (1892x3200, 3.2M)

is there a good phone on the horizon that might be a good replacement for my OP3T?
All I want is an unlocked bootloader for $300-450

Attached: _.png (40x40, 3K)

Buy in person at a Xiaomi reseller store in Lisbon.

LG G7

Mi 9/SE
K20/Pro

>Admiral Overseas Corporation
What did UMIDIGI mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-162633.png (720x1520, 110K)

What does that mean? Is that some running application? Probably spyware. That's why you only buy OnePlus if you must use a chinkphone.

Is there a chance the Redmi K20 Pro or whatever the fuck it's called will get complete global bands? In the US and there are barely any good budget options out here, the only good one here is arguably the Pixel 3a or maybe the Moto Z4 if its specs turn out to be true. My only other option is an S10e which is $550 at Best Buy unlocked

What happened? I swear I see this post in every single /spg/ thread but never a follow up or an explanation. Is this a shill?

It already dropped like 200€ here

He but speaks for all of us. Look at this user he got tapped by the PRC.

Did either of you actually look at the image?

No Xiang, I did not.

Which if any note 10 memes do you think will come true
>no pill/under screen camera
yes but photo quality will be shit/dark af
>graphene battery
fuck no untested prototype batteries go in some budget device only released in one region then are rolled out if they don't explode/cause cancertism/last 6 months
>cheaper variants like s10
pretty likely
>flat variant like s10e
I fucking wish

Motorola z3 represent;

Moto z3

Moto z3

It will have a dot camera in the middle.

See
I'm a Motorola shill, I do it for free.

Redpill me on the z3 bro

Reminder that Trump is banning Huawei from the US

twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1128774585699184641?s=19

And this is a bad thing because...?

Pixel 3a looks nice desu. Its funny that manufacturers still add a headphone jack to their "budget" line. Probably because only retards willingly buy into the USB c for all meme and only retards buy the flagship phones.

Because this general and board is full of chinese shills

I ain't buying a notch or pill and no amount of marketing will change my mind

[spoiler]I have a Huawei phone, and I don't want to buy another one[/spoiler]

I'm a white American.
>inb4 mutt maymay
Yes, really.

Attached: 1554980092209.png (600x1000, 453K)

My sister needs a new phone and I think she wants the Pixel 3a because she values long update life, good battery and so on.
Is there any non-shit brand I can get her instead?
I see the S9 is the same price and has a much better processor but she is hesitant to buy an old phone as she's always ever gotten old phones.

Is there anything good in the Pixel 3a pricerange that has:
-NFC
-Fingerprint sensor
-Good standby battery life
-Snappy (responsive either by being powerful or software optimization)
-Doesn't require custom roms to be good
?

Attached: 1545153657410.webm (1052x592, 2.43M)

>virtually every piece of electronics is manufactured in China
>said devices are talked about on a technology board
>hur duuur shills
And no, no one here recommends Huawei because they're locked down.

>70973912
That's nice.

The Samsung A70 has a massive AMOLED screen and 4500mha battery with a better processor and more RAM. If it’s too big then the A50 or A40 are good choices.

Dude, so let me tell you why you should get a Moto z3.

>You like easy repairable screens with full manufacturer support for right to repair?
Boom, easy.

>Tired of not having a battery lasting all day?
Slap on a Moto mod. Adds an extra 2200 mha
>Tired of shitty apple cameras?
Slap on a Hasselblad camrea mod

>Want a projector?
There is a Moto mod for that

Moto mods for days. If you don't want mods, sure, you get a super thin phone.

>No notch
>64 gb of storage
>Snapdragon 835
>4gb of ram
>Finger print scanner
>Great mod support
>Really reasonoble price.

It's a budget phone, but damn it's a hell of an upgrade from a Samsung core prime.

>z3
Isn't that the one where they dropped the 3.5mm?

It's a handicap to be white in a white country.

Sadly yeah, but it comes with a dongle.

And you can use the Moto mod to charge it. So you can listen to music and charge at the same time.

Pixel 3a, you can get a iPhone 6 or SE for less than a hundred bucks off eBay and trade it in for $250 credit:
slickdeals.net/f/13067710-google-store-eligible-apple-smartphone-trade-in-towards-google-pixel-3a-up-to-250-credit-100-google-store-credit

Shooo, I'm shilling the z3.

Doesn't change the fact I'm not Chinese.

Attached: anime_draygun_maid_smug_salute_the_flayg_im_gettin_some_layg_we_call_it_pop_over_here.png (439x387, 310K)

The Redmi K20s antutu score. This thing is gonna fuck the oneplus 7 so hard.

Attached: ABBF139E-4DED-436D-BAB8-096A83AD48BE.jpg (690x1495, 68K)

Where is the oneplus 7 pro score?

Aww :3 nice digits too

Doesn't matter, I don't use MIUI chinky OS. Oxygen or bust when it comes to chinee phones.

Found an LG X power on the bus last night frens,Not going to return it, gonna flash it and turn it into a dedicated media device, since it has outstanding battery usage/life.

364025. The mi 9 got 372006, fuck knows what chink magic Xiaomi is using to get that score.

Is it really even a benchmark to go off of?
Most people were saying the OnePlus is fast as fuck as is.

Link to story: gizmochina.com/2019/05/16/redmis-killer-flagship-k20-will-feature-snapdragon-855-with-an-outrageous-antutu-score/

maybe that belongs into sqt but I have a question, I currently have lenovo p2 with android 7.0, if I upgrade to android 9.0 will I be able to get bluetooth aptx and ldac support or is that hardware dependent and I need to get a new phone for those bluetooth codecs?