Non-stock CPU coolers are useless for anyone not overclocking

non-stock CPU coolers are useless for anyone not overclocking.

prove me wrong.

Attached: lookatthissoyshit.jpg (745x495, 152K)

Why the fuck would you use anything other than the box cooler if you're not overclocking?

Holy shit. What cooler is that?

They are useful if you want quiet. Like noctua.

Noise. Stock Intel coolers are garbage for noise. Not sure about the stock Ryzen ones, they look a lot better than the standard Intel one I got with my 4770.

Stock Ryzen is 10/10

how about having a 165W CPU with thermal paste under lid

where do i get a t h r e e t o w e r cooler

You can't run a stock intel cooler on a fucking i9 even if it's not overclocked.

AMD's stock coolers are fine though

does the i9 even come with intels stock cooler

Noise. If you have a big boy cooler like that you never need to run your fans above 500 rpm.

>stock makes noise
>non-stock doesn't
wow that was hard

How many watts is this? 300W?

Attached: Screenshot.jpg (901x765, 72K)

>using the box cooler on a 9900k
xD

Stock fans can be loud and noisy. Aftermarket fans can be quieter. Aftermarket heatsinks can be better optimized to increase heat dissipation.
Could be useful in situations where a low noise floor is necessary, such as amateur recording.

this. I put a Scythe on my Ryzen 7 today. It's extremely quiet unless I overclock. Even at max load on all cores it stays quiet.

Because it’s cheapshit and loud as fuck under any kind of load.

The turbo boost clock on i5 and above would probably sustain longer because of better thermals.

Lifetime of a CPU is completely pointless since everyone on Jow Forums buys a new fucking CPU every 5 years or so.

>prove me wrong
stock intel cooler.
you are welcome.

for silence.

unless you are intel on which you are forced to buy a cooler to keep your cpu working on its intented role

I have a R5 2400G and use it to drive my 4k monitor
Under normal usage it is comfy at around 35C but when i play big boy 4k movies (50GB or more), compile a lot, or try to play vidya it can get to 70-80C
I know that 100C is the limit but anything above 70C feels like too much so ill probs change the stock cooler, noise is not an issue as it is quiet

>everyone
somebody hasn't been in the thinkpad threads

My CPU didn't come with a cooler and my 3rd party one was

Yes.
They sell another cooler for it separately that's essentially the same but bigger.

I like my PC being quiet.

Unless if you want something that makes less noise.