Intel bribery at it again

techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability#comments

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Attached: 1528343467070.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nrc.nl/nieuws/2019/05/14/hackers-mikken-op-het-intel-hart-a3960208
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SHUT IT DOWN

Attached: 1488933859408.png (800x523, 604K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Why are jews like this?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png (1354x784, 869K)

DELET IN THIS FUCKING INSTANT

Attached: 1502523215306.png (1228x1502, 944K)

>Intel argues that information of vulnerabilities becoming public before it's had a chance to address them would give the bad guys time to design and spread malware that exploits the vulnerability.
They had a full fucking year (since June 2018)! And they still wanted another 6 months on top of that just to avoid their stock going down. when clearly they already knew and had what can be called "mitigations" ready.
Fucking merchant company always trying to fuck their customers with shit.

I don't want my next processor to be AMD but there's literally no fucking reason to purchase -ANYTHING- from Intel. Jesus christ.

oy vey

$100,000? What do you need $80,000 for?
I can't believe I have to pay these goyim $40,000

Keep in mind that they also claim they discovered the vulnerabilities before they were approached.

Like fucking clockwork.

Attached: 1540209531358.png (552x661, 288K)

how will intlel shills defend this?

They have the best gaming processors. I don't care.

The good goyim will always defend Intel.

This, it's not like AMD has higher IPC and required lower clocks for the SAME gaming performance.

Attached: Wildlands.png (1314x1192, 56K)

I mean that would be absolutely insane, right?

Attached: Warhammer.png (1314x1192, 54K)

It's something straight out of fairy tales.

Attached: Witcher.png (1314x1192, 53K)

that stopped being true years ago

We can always trust in intel to deliver the fastest gaming experience possible.

Attached: SoW.png (1314x1192, 53K)

AMD will NEVER be able to compete with intel.

Attached: MEA.png (1314x1192, 53K)

Grow up

Yup, it's just the way things are.

Attached: BF1.png (1314x1192, 52K)

>Multi billion dollar company tries bribing people with 100k

This is literal fucking jewry right here. I'm talking about the amount of the birbe, not the action of bribing itself.
Intel is going to take a hit worth billions and the problem coming public prevents the top dogs from quietly unloading their stock at far higher prices, yet these morons can't even be fucked to cough up even one million to bribe a team of researchers.
100k for that group would probably be like 20-10k per person. That's pocket change. Especially considering that the CEO most likely lost tens of millions by having to wait 6 months for this shitshow of a company to sink even lower before he's able to sell his stock.
He should have personally given them a mil per researcher to shut up about this.

Attached: Brainlet.jpg (581x767, 92K)

Anyone who says otherwise honestly needs to be locked up.

Attached: Ashes.png (1314x1192, 57K)

If they offered 1 million to every team that finds a hole in their swiss cheese they would go bankrupt, I bet they actually successfully bribed and hid many flaws already.

Not only would that be wrong.

Attached: Deus.png (1314x1192, 55K)

It would be very anti semitic.

Attached: Dirt.png (1314x1192, 50K)

This is the best thread I've seen on Jow Forums in a long time

What kind of a cruel heartless person would pick on god's chosen people?

Attached: FH.jpg (1314x1190, 232K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Makes me sick to the core.

Attached: SE4 (1).png (1314x1192, 53K)

It's another shoa.

Attached: Prey.png (1314x1192, 51K)

> I bet they actually successfully bribed and hid many flaws already.
I don't doubt it one bit.
Unfortunately they forgot that this time around they were dealing with Western researchers and not poos, so that ~20k per person wasn't quite big enough of an incentive for them to shut up.

Based chart poster holy shit

Attached: 1481662933155.png (420x420, 10K)

>posting all those pre-patch benchmarks
incel shills are getting quite desperate
hope they pay you overtime

>sick to the core
Don't take a whole from them, they already lost hyperthreading.
At this point they'll be at Atom level soon.

Attached: 1465101708732.jpg (800x800, 319K)

What site?

sir pleas DELATE

DILATE

O shit
Jesus take it easy on the kid. Shills first day on the job.

Attached: 1553781868227.gif (384x239, 354K)

Attached: .jpg (200x206, 14K)

I don't recognize that logo.

ARM looks more attractive by the day. Or AMD.

Attached: 1394496886988.jpg (1920x1200, 485K)

>Screenshot of a meme

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Now you will, it's going to be burned into the back of your skull. Everytime you to sleep you will see it Everytime you go take a shit, you will see it. It will haunt you for the rest of your mortal life.

Attached: 1555800169120.png_0.webm (750x692, 2.55M)

Imagine how many more of these vulnerabilities presently exist in Intel CPU's. They've probably already suppressed at least one.

Pre/post zombieload patch benchmarks anywhere?
Or it's still too soon for that?

The "patch" IS to disable hyperthreading. Intel was so caring of their customers that they did exactly that when they released the i7-8700K. Truly our greatest ally.

Nvm, found the site.

Intel CPUs are inherently much safer than AMD ones.
AMD relies on security through obscurity while Intel is constantly patching and releasing security updates for its products to ensure maximum safety.

Of course the avarage Jow Forums numbskull likes to talk shit when they have no idea about how security works.

Ironic shilling is still shilling.

>"""""discovered"""""
They knew damn well what they were doing while designing C2D arch, these vulnerabilities were the trade-offs for more performance and they decided to go with it.
But now that you remind me of it, it makes it even far worse! More than a decade of time to "mitigate", and only when caught red handed do they act (while giving pathetic excuses at the same time, to not piss off investors). What a fucking train wreck...

This, as long as you turn on ALL 30+ security mitigations you should be fine, probably. Also just disable hyperthreading and a bunch of other stuff and you'll be solid, probably.

Attached: 1507081414453.jpg (378x485, 40K)

fuck intel.

I hope they go bankrupt disgusting fucking idiots. They make Israel look bad.

I will spit on their grave /spit

>They make Israel look bad.

Attached: 1528568262573.png (461x583, 2K)

that's the filename of the first google image result you absolute mong

Your Intel CPU is protected by the full might of the intelligence agencies of the US of A.

My monitor is 1440p so I don't even give a fuck about lower resolutions. Looks like Intel has pretty much zero advantage when using a modern resolution, just as I've been saying to my friends. Just get AMD for that multi-generation compatibility and no security holes.

>1440p
reported for antisemitism

You mean Haifa

Also I just noticed that Intel has 5.0 GHz there while AMD has 4.2 GHz and they still get the same FPS. If Zentoo reaches 5.0 GHz the AMD chart certainly isn't getting any lower from here.

wait, what the fuck fuck. Why? On release cpu dlc???

Because dumbfucks pay for literally anything with enough marketing and spreading FUD about the competition to create the illusion that garbage is the only option.

>5fps gain in exchange for multiple vulnerably patches that cripple performance with no guarantee that there won't be more in the future

Because (((they))) loathe the son of God, Jesus Christ & whoever follows him. And just like their God, Lucifer, (((they))) loathe whoever is on their side also.

Attached: 85a27dbd19d619f783c26e52603dd861565aafa029b8c221a6caf552011dc224.jpg (960x720, 168K)

oy vey goy

@720p
when they're overclocked
paired with high end graphics cards on lower resolutions, i.e., 1080p@144hz.

Absolutely honest question here.
Why does the ryzen shits itself on 720p while turning the tables on the JPU on 1440p?

and even that is debatable after zen+

I have but one question.

Why would someone include 720p FFS?!

because they weren't winning in super pi anymore and were being btfo in cinebench themselves. So, they had to go back to legacy benchmarks where they still prevailed.

>b-b-but AyyyMaD

Attached: wojak mad.jpg (443x550, 37K)

It tells you Ryzen is more sophisticated and consistent and is able to handle modern standards better while Intel shits itself.

>AYYMAD IS THE JEWS TOOOOOO

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Yes but WHY does that happen?

Are these "bugs" largely responsible for the post-pentium 4 performance victory intel had over the competition?

I'm curious how benchmarks will turn out now after all the patches.

Reminder that Intel is too big to fail and the vast majority of consumers will never think twice about this. Investors have no real reason to jump ship.
Absolutely nothing will change.

>I don't want my next processor to be AMD
shalom

OY VEY!!!

One explanation is that the game logic runs better on Intel but AMD is better at pushing commands to the GPU.

My sides dude relax let them be happy with there cpu purchases

>Are these "bugs" largely responsible for the post-pentium 4 performance victory intel had over the competition?
Exactly

>Reminder that Intel is too big to fail
Gtfo boomer faggot

io saturation between the cpu/gpu pairing, testing at 720p so the compute tasks become as marginal as possible. At 1440p that advantage starts to become irrelevant when the cpu has to wait for the gpu anyways.

well lets think about this real quick

Say you have a large sum of money stored in a bank.

A Third party company discovers security vulnerability in the banks systems that you have your money stored in. and lets say said vulnerability would take a few months to research, test, implement, and fix.

Do we A: Let everyone in the world (including thieves) know about the vulnerability before the bank has a chance to correct it, thus resulting in massive risk of loss of your money.

or

Do we B: Keep it on the down-low until the flaw is fixed within a reasonable amount of time, thus keeping the actual real risk to a minimum.

Only one of these approaches is something a retard with no foresight would suggest. Protip: its not option B

testing in 720p is a fair benchmark. the jewry is that intel turned the narrative to make it the only relevant metric for cpu's. When they used to be a sidenote on any cpu review before.

Nah, that just means it's almost entirely gpu bound.
Zens actual ipc(single core) are pretty much on par with Intels, and with zen2 they might go ahead a bit, but the latencies of inter core communication that arise from the mcm design will make it slower ipc wise in real world applications like gaymes. However ryzen is a hell of a lot cheaper per core and scales really well so we will see gazillions of cores in the next decade. Well, at least 32 cores will definitely be nothing extraordinary in 2030.

goys, old gen xeon are fucked as well no? even the i7 before 2011?

Ye

The original story is that allegedly Intel wanted to offer the team $40,000 officially plus $80,000 on the side instead of $100,000 officially. Reason being that $100,000 is for finding a critical vulnerability but Intel wanted the severity to be downplayed and was willing to pay the extra $20,000 for their collusion. The researchers declined and took the $100,000 reward. Either way, the team would have followed responsible disclosure - that's one of the conditions for accepting a bug bounty reward.

Source: nrc.nl/nieuws/2019/05/14/hackers-mikken-op-het-intel-hart-a3960208

THE GOYIM KNOW
SHUT IT DOWN

Attached: 76d.jpg (1196x676, 673K)

ANNUDA SHOAH

shitel LOL

hope techpowerup enjoys their lawsuit
the wired article completely contradicts their
fucking faggots unironically reporting on reddit posts and posting news under an alias, lmao