Is this ever unironically used in industry?

Is this ever unironically used in industry?

Attached: python-logo-master-v3-TM.png (601x203, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eweek.com/development/python-slithers-into-systems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is used by 100% of people in AI, which is currently the hottest and highest paying field. Get with the fucking times.

>imagine being this clueless to industry trends

Just imagine

eweek.com/development/python-slithers-into-systems

Yes, a lot. Especially in le cloud for AWS lambda functions and such.

Pretty much all AI is done in Python, you get all the conveniences of a scripting language meanwhile all the heavy calculations happen on the GPU.

If you need a quick script for something Python is usually the way to go.

Django and Flask are still used a lot in webdev.

Yes.

Tensorflow is a horrible library. Really I don't know why people like it that much. I would almost rather write all that shit myself in CUDA.

Yes, all the fucking time. Python's really popular in business. It's not a bad language. It's not a fantastic one, but it's not bad, and the ecosystem is delightful.

>I would almost rather write all that shit myself in CUDA.

Oh wow, you're so hardcore!

>let's rewrite a massive ML library just because I'm too much a brainlet to understand the wrapper

Just use Pytorch then. Both are really simple.

Of course I wasn't completelly serious, but it's still shit. And I do kind of understand it, used it for some time, but it wasn't fun.

Every sysadmin, devops, or programming job I have ever had involved Python.

I work in the "industry" and use Python every day. It's perfect for proof of concepts and for automating all my bullshit menial tasks.

Tensorflow 2.0 alpha with Keras is so comfy. None of the tf.Session/placeholder etc etc bullshit. Works exactly like Pytorch, but has the added convenience of Keras.

Netflix runs on Python

Excellent Perl replacement

Python is godsend. Even if I plan to develop things in other languages I first use Python to make working prototype and then just rewrite it to Go or others. It saves so much stress and anger.

Attached: PEPELOUX.png (400x560, 494K)

Why isn't Perl used?

Not really 'industry', but it's used all the time in academia. V useful for automating workflow or quickly visualising something

Because it's backed by Google and is popular. People tend to gravitate to popular platforms due to the community, support and recognition it receives. That way, you're not the only one in the world who understands the system you've created. Any time you stray from defaults, it doesn't matter what it is, but anytime you roll your own whether it be software, configuration, or otherwise - you unboundedly increase the risk of running into problems because that particular configuration / application is way less tested than the default choice.

This leads to satisficing, which in my opinion is a tragic property inherent of any popular configuration. It means that incremental improvements in one vector are no longer sufficient to displace the popular, default choice. It means that the next choice has to be the clear winner and in order to supersede tensorflow will have to be worth forgoing the confidence people have in the platform to move to something so much better that it's worth it.

Well I just got an internship in it, so yes?

Yes. Python has insane third party support from the industry and pretty much every relevant C/C++ library has Python bindings.

No, most just use it ironically

It's used in industry for those same purposes.

Yes, but not that you'll care because as a hobbyist your motivation is not to get work done but to write fizzbuzz in the most difficult and time-consuming language possible.

Nobody ever uses Python, it's a big joke being played on everyone and if you apply for a Python job they'll laugh at you because it's not a real job listing

Whats a language to learn for an absolute beginner, who can't focus and doesen't have a clean sharp mind?

>imagine being this clueless about the industry
Welcome to Jow Forums enjoy your stay.

get a job

AI has some very good jobs but many jobs in AI and ML and worse than being a code monkey.

Most of programming nowadays consists of writing adapter code between larger programs developed by someone else (such as web servers, databases, operating systems, graphics toolkits, etc). Python excels at that.

We use it for our in-house release automation stack

Python.

Yes, it's used all over in various industries although I wish it wasn't.

Back to Kode with Karlie.

I have written web scrapers and automated tools for work using python. I started doing it ironically but now I'm doing it unironically

Is it usefull or are languages like java or c better to start with?

Only on wednesdays.

All those languages have different use cases. I'd suggest looking up the exact differences for yourself.

Python is great because it's code is very readable, whereas languages like C and Java have alot more cryptic syntax.

Start with Python and when you're comfortable learn some C so you can be exposed to the horrors of memory management.

Wtf lol are you even employed?’
Fucking larpers man

It's the hot shit in science department

Python is ok, Java is ok. Would not really recommend C, but it's ok.
Pretty much every mainstream imperative language is ok to learn.

Pretty sure Python is a better choice because it's so easy to learn and understand it compared to Java or C IMO

Ok got it
What tools and tutorials would you recommend? As i said i a have really lost my sharp mind so i need someone who leads me by hand
I have downloaded intellij idea for an ide, is it good or should i look for something else? I go python now

If we're talking for the absolute basic and I do mean basic for people who never code before, then code academy is decent enough for that

IntelliJ Idea is for Java, for Python you can get PyCharm from the same company. You can also just install Python and use a text editor but
You can also just use whatever tools they use in those tutorials. Normally they show how to install and use them.

Ah yes, denial. The first step toward acceptance and submission.

I work in embedded dev and python is great for creating quick one-off tools to flash custom targets, do hardware test automation, or whatever else is needed.
It's a strict productivity upgrade from shit like perl.

"cool."

...but this, unironically.

Attached: 1535637423048.gif (238x185, 65K)

Heavily in operations, tooling, all avenues.