PC cleaning

whats your tools for PC cleaning? mine are due a clean and i dont wanna spend £10 on compressed air, but i also dont wanna shell out £100 for a datavac. are these things any good?

also, what do you use?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x800, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/IT-Dusters-EGP-COM-011-CompuCleaner-Electric/dp/B00S7CH6FK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>also, what do you use?
pubes

I always wondered, wouldn't common household vacuum cleaner do reasonably good job as well?

an air compressor. i get as much compressed air as i want.

i just use a vacuum to take all the dust/crumbs off my desk and some wet wipes

A 79 Euro air compressor from 10 years ago. They're so cheap that there's no point messing around with cans or vacuums.

Attached: a cheap air compressor.jpg (1500x1000, 287K)

I use a datavac. It's more expensive going in but it doesn't run out instantly like canned air, and blows a far higher volume of air.

Those wee little squeeze bulbs will get some dust out I suppose, but are ultimately a joke. It's right up there with digging a foundation using a garden trowel.

This.

Careful there. Depending on model those can spit particles of oil out in their output.

Yes but you have to be very careful not to touch the tip to any components. The air rushing past builds up a static charge.

We're trying to clean INSIDE our computers, not clean the desk.

>£100 for a datavac

can get similar things cheaper

amazon.co.uk/IT-Dusters-EGP-COM-011-CompuCleaner-Electric/dp/B00S7CH6FK

my brothers bought me that a couple of years ago - it's been excellent.

I'm sure there is even cheaper available

Attached: 61rWsZbAQlL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 67K)

Attached: 5605c3f4-897f-47b6-a93f-134bc3e5b6f7._CB318291741_.jpg (1500x1500, 66K)

isnt there a reason we dont use generic run of the mill compressors on PCs? all the PC ones ive seen are labelled as ESD safe.

im thinking heatsinks and motherboards here more than desks

fuck

share your wisdom with me, user

i mean i could but i hear cheap ones perform poorly

these safe? ive got one for my bike but its kind of used with 0 regard for how clean it is.

Fuck up redditor

You can buy some air blower on aliexpress for like 20$, it gives you air, you don't need more
Just remember to tape the fans (if they spin it can create electricity) and not to touch directly the components

>Depending on model those can spit particles of oil out in their output.
That literally does not matter.

>isnt there a reason we dont use generic run of the mill compressors on PCs? all the PC ones ive seen are labelled as ESD safe.

Because they are loud as fuck and produce a shitload of heat.

so whats my best options without shelling out a fuckload of dosh?

Why is that bike pump connected to that pipe

Attached: pshhhhhhhhh.jpg (1400x1000, 193K)

Buy a case without a window and ignore the dust until it starts causing thermal issues.

I just blow everything, who cares

It's keeping the house airborne, UP-style.

Attached: 2009-Pixar-film-Up-010.jpg (620x372, 39K)

less than 3 dollars, works better than those squeeze things

only downside is that it takes two hands to use

Attached: balloon pump.jpg (832x716, 22K)

no ESD issues?

that's what your mom said about my dick

>ESD
>from pressurized air

A compressor is a heavy electric motor driving a steel piston very rapidly up and down within a steel sleeve, it's a perfectly reasonable question.

i dont fucking know, my science education consisted almost entirely of rocks and braniac episodes.

>the air is gonna blow the static onto your computer

Attached: 1542061964951.jpg (640x424, 43K)

Those will be good for dusting your anime figurines, for cleaning PCs they are useless.

based. Mine's an air bed pump

Attached: DC-12V-3500Pa-Electric-Air-Pump-300L-min-for-Air-Mattress-Inflatable-Boat-Airbed-Camping-Hovercraft. (640x640, 61K)

clean?

How long does your desiccant last before you have to change it?

I recently used a small shopvac with the hose hooked up to the outlet, and the narrow nozzle at the end. It got rid of almost all of the dust. Thing is like a fire hose, though. Can't hold it too close to the components, it'll fuck them up.

I have a DataVac
can this shit actually damage fans by spinning fast while it's off? how do I keep all of my fans still at once

based

Imagine paying for AIR

Attached: 4cdbf61c979c5c85f81210ece89957dac683c2a7.png (300x293, 144K)

>it's a perfectly reasonable question.
no it isn't. you forgot the part where the air gets turned into an electrically conductive plasma steam like a proton pack out of GhostBusters

Attached: QRAIf_d.jpg (640x546, 27K)

It's not a desiccant, it's some kind of filter thing that makes water condense in the container. It vents when the pressure on the output goes low, and I've never had to manually empty it.

cant afford an air blower so I use a sock. Hand inside the sock for rubbing down larger parts and a chopstick inside the sock for harder to reach places like case fan blades.

>cant afford an air blower
literally 20$
literally 2000% better than your dirty sock

Yup, its what I've been doing for 20 years on dozens of PCs and I've never once had a single issue.
About twice a year I'll take my PC in to the garage and blow that fucker out.
Done it with 486s all the way up to modern PCs.

why spend $20 when a sock works you air-blower shill

Yeah, of course it works
Post pics

>tfw want DataVac ESD
>live in Shithole Denmark
>you cant get it here with the danish happy plug

Fuck everything.

They do have specific models like the DataVac for it.

What's the least retarded way to clean a monitor?

spit on it and wipe away with a clean t shirt

Is that an enema?

thanks japeet

>I'll take my PC in to the garage and blow that fucker out.
This, me too... no problems & have done it for refurbs too. Using a can of air is like trying to wipe your ass with a qtip.

soap and water

Attached: j.jpg (474x711, 95K)

Slightly damp microfiber cloth.

Rude but based

Just open it and scrub all the dust with a used brush. No $ needed.

Tissue paper to wipe off the cum and the splatters to the keyboard and monitor at the same time. Cum makes a good cleaning agent desu.

I use an air compressor like any sane person

>made of plastic
>you move it's parts against each other to pump air
figure it out

registry cleaner pro

I use brush and my mouth to BLOW the dust.

holy shit.
why would anyone pay that?
all you need to do is paint the end of your vacuum with a mix of school glue and graphite powder and then put a grounding strap on it.
static electricity is not hard to defeat.
$100... wow, people are retarded.
$2 for glue, $10 for graphite powder, $30 for grounding strap with plug.
i should start a company.

cleaning the computer if it still works and has no temperature issues is pointless and will only serve to shorten its life span

Stick something on them or hold them while blowing on them. Friend pretty much dried out the oil on two of his fans. Had to open them up and oil it.