Steve Wozniak

We all know what Jow Forums thinks of Jobs, but what does Jow Forums think about Wozniak? Genius or hack?

Attached: apple-ii.jpg (630x372, 72K)

numale

a great tetris player

beta cuckboy

>missing a keycap
HACK FRAUD

From what I heard from someone else who went to conference with him there he apparently comes of as quite arrogant and people are glorifying him with Apple's success even though he's had no direct involvement since the mid 80s. His clout comes from his legacy with Steve, otherwise he'd have just been another unsung lab nerd that nobody knew or cared about.

He started out as a hacker but sold his soul to the botnet.

But Jobs without Woz wouldn't have been able to create apple

>We all know what Jow Forums thinks of Jobs.
Are you sure? I don't think/care, he's just some guy that died of butt cancer.
>, but what does Jow Forums think about Wozniak?
I don't, he's just some guy?
>Genius or hack?
Neither, he's irrelevant.

Widely beloved. Except by 13 year old boys looking for acceptance by automatically shitting on anything linked to Apple.

It’s a //e, there’s a gap in the bottom row where the power light is. However it is missing the “//e” badge on the lid.

Attached: 07DB3823-DA28-4284-8E4A-F5377F3990F7.png (670x903, 1.03M)

>died of butt cancer

aids dude

He was a hobbyist who made some decent but fairly average home computers for other hobbyists, some of which had some interesting or "elegant" engineering tricks to reduce costs, but ultimately didn't really contribute much to computing as a whole and were forgotten as soon as the PC stole the show.
Neither could succeed without the other. Woz needed his maniacal business partner to sell his product, Jobs needed his nerdy engineer friend's product to sell. They were all in the right place at exactly the right time.

>/thread
Both were jesters in their own right, but together they made an empire.

Attached: 1557096831476.jpg (960x720, 59K)

I loved my fucking IIe. Even more than IIGS that replaced it.

cuck

The //e floppy drive was a great design tho

Total genius.

Too bad floppy disks were shit to begin with.

genius but gets too much credit. he was one of the first to make a home computer viable, but based on many other people's ideas.
> i'm a zoomer and what is a "floppy disk" ?
you need to be 18+ to use this site.

And what would you have suggested we use instead, zoomzoom?

Viable personal computers existed long before Steve&Steve put a gay pride flag on a simple 6502 machine.
>don't you dare insult the save icon!!!!
I have more floppy drives and disks littering my house than both of you morons have probably seen in your combined 16 years of existence. Retro-fetishism aside, they were an absolutely terrible, slow and unreliable medium that were quickly superseded for anything serious by hard disks among those who could afford them, everyone else just put up with them because they had no better options.

The talk about zoomers is pretty funny, since only zoomers put floppy disks on a pedestal as they never actually had to use them, only seeing them through rose-tinted glasses as the iconic symbol of early computing and the good old days they've become.

He's a smart guy. Got uber lucky with Jobs to land where he did. They were both smart people, even though they're douchebags that creates a product and culture of more douchebags.

Attached: pepe_ok.jpg (570x487, 29K)

>They were both smart people
From college up to his first job Jobs literally wouldn't wash himself because he thought his organic vegetarian diet meant he wouldn't produce BO.

When he was dying he didn't go through chemo or surgery (despite treatment having a good success rate for that cancer) and instead did alternative medicine bullshit until the degree of his cancer had increased sixfold.

He does seem full of shit. He hypes himself so much. Is he really arrogant in person though?

Attached: gnubless.jpg (853x543, 58K)

Good thing it's irrelevant to technical/business competency, as history demonstrates.

Stiffy Jobs

Jobs had more major business failures than he had even moderate successes.
His charisma and confidence were his only saving grace.

But as long as the success is where it matters and the failures are where it doesn’t, it’s meaningless. Every successful business has learned from a slew of failures, especially in technology.

You can keep deluding yourself and inventing new goalposts to attempt to minimize the reality that things you don’t like sometimes make it regardless of your opinions of them, but Jobs and Apple’s few successes allowed them to outlast nearly all of their major competitors in numerous markets and today stands as one of the largest and most profitable tech megacorporations in existence. Nobody gives a shit about the Apple III or the Newton or the Pippin or whatever other irrelevant and poorly understood decades-old straws the wiki scholars like to grasp at during the biweekly name dropping olympics.