/spg/ - Smartphone General

Asus Zenfone 6: Flip Camera Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_v003.webm (728x408, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eMhnbJ5q8aw
androidauthority.com/t-mobile-oneplus-6t-bootloader-unlock-922051/
twitter.com/NTAuthority/status/1115339802503786496?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1115339802503786496&ref_url=https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-10-arm-oneplus-6t/
support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013562087-What-is-a-Knox-Warranty-Bit-and-how-is-it-triggered-
gsmarena.com/redmi_k20_antutu_score_revealed_dusts_off_competition_by_a_lot-news-37062.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fingerprint on the back
they blew it

That looks fragile

guyz Zenfone 6 or OP7 pro?

>Snapdragon 855
>6.4” IPS LCD
>Rotating 48MP + 13MP Wide-angle camera
>up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 2.1 storage
>5000mAh battery
>HEADPHONE JACK AND EXPANDABLE STORAGE
>Cheaper than OP7 or OP7 Pro
Did Asus just win?

Attached: a32b1078-b409-4f0f-8e60-450d096f6a99.png (1920x1080, 533K)

s10

Are the last three points the only things it has over the Pro? There doesn't seem to be a telephoto lens and looks like it's stuck with UFS 3.0

Does it have a 90hz display?

no

what's all the fuss about ufs? Galaxy flagships have older version yet s10+ is faster than OnePlus 7, which has ufs 3

How does the warranty work if I buy from eglobalcentral? I really want an S10e HK version

Then I won't get it lol
I really don't see how hard it is to get a higher refresh screen on a phone, like god damn. OP7P will have my sale until I see more of that

Faster storage? I'm going to need the sauce with that, bro

Couldn't just make an edge to edge QHD OLED version for a few hundred more? or like add an optical zoom lens? it is soo close to being my perfect phone.

>mfw Zenfone 6 would've been perfect if it had band 13
Fuck Verizon, I want out of this bullshit

Attached: IMG_20170613_194648_350.jpg (396x495, 54K)

It's more expensive than the Mi9, so no, but looks promising as an alternative. Definitely glad to see the jack, SD slot and opting for the wide-angle instead of the telephoto lens (a mistake many chinkphones made last year). Shame it isn't OLED, it would absolutely obliterate the competition, but even like this, you're looking at 12-14 hours SoT so it should be exceptional in that regard. What's the state of the wireless charging and QC, does it support those?

>Then I won't get it lol
of course you wouldn't shill.

Faster in general. What is the benefit of faster storage if it doesn't affect general performance. How would I see difference in normal use?

>IPS
>€499

You done goofed

Basically.
It is headphone jack, battey, expandable storage cool camera thingy.
V.S. OLED, telephoto lens, for $300. Personally I also prefer a rear mounted capacitive fingerprint scanner. But that is just me.

No way we would shill, bro. Only opinions from me, you feel?

youtu.be/eMhnbJ5q8aw
imagine buying a phone with a bezel or a hole
imagine some shitty fragile folding camera mechanism

I think 2020 will be the year that Android phones completely dominate the market. So many advancements are now coming into the smartphone world and its ALL on Android devices. Apple was banking on India and lost that battle. And now with a decline in iphone sales in the US, they are in deep shit. They have peaked and now its all down hill unless they come up with some really innovative technology.

afaik you gotta ship it back to them for warranty replacements or repair

So none of these All screen phones have LED indicators do they? this seems like a really large omission nobody seems to notice or care about.

Imagine having the shittiest battery life among all flagmans
Imagine having not water resistance and optical fingerprint sensor like cheap samshit

Soon.

Attached: 567567668768970.png (279x504, 117K)

Load times, storage transfers, everyday usage. UFS 3.0 is nearly twice as fast, bro; you wouldn't buy an eMMC smartphone if you were offered UFS, would you, user?

>12GB RAM
This is fucking retarded. You're not going to be running Windows 10 VMs on it.

Why not?

The Pro has this weird edge notification thing

has water resistance
and under screen fingerprint scanner is faster than samshit's retard lmao

>normal price $699
>12 GB price $749
An extra $50 for for an additional 4GB of ram seems reasonable, no?

OnePlus gives you options, bro. Want smooth as fuck? You can turn both 90Hz and QHD+ down. You can't remove a physical cutout, can you, user?

Because even if you manage to connect all the required peripherals, the CPU isn't really strong enough.

Even 8GB is ridiculous.

>everyday usage
I just asked you how i will see difference in everyday usage and you answer with "you will see difference in everyday usage"...
>load time
Of what? In all app loading tests galaxy wins
>storage transfers
Will it not be limited by other device/connection? Do you often transfer huge files?

I think Apple is heavily shifting their focus to software business, mainly online services, at least that's what can be read from their recent acquisitions. At this point they can no longer make those exclusive to their hardware, but they could tailor their devices to have some extra features that tie better into them, selling iPhones in the process. But they definitely need to step back for a while and build up a new audience.

Not to mention the lack of software.
Is there even one Android VM host that works on ARM or whatever phones use?

>under screen fingerprint scanner is faster than samshit's retard lmao
cause it's unreliable as fuck and needs light, so turns the screen before unlocking. Outdated shit. Samsung at least introduces a new technology + unlocking speed has increased with updates.

The fact is, it's still using significantly faster storage, no? What's the point of staying behind with UFS 2.1 when a significantly faster and newer storage is in place?

>In all app loading tests galaxy wins
I'll also need the sauce for that, bro

Ya but Asus is a shit brand.

Really? I plan on paying off the phone day 1, does that mean it would immediately be unlocked?

I am not arguing with it having a faster storage. You listed it among short list of key factors, so I asked you how it benefits normal use. And you gave no examples. Imo sequential read and write is not that important for a phone. The fact that galaxies outperform 7 pro in app opening speed and benchmarks proves that

Woah, hold on there, brahs. Before we settle this debate, how is Asus' software and update policy?

What benchmark?

It's not a shill. I want a smooth display above 60hz because 60hz is fucking trash.

You can make cheap gook knockoffs for cheaper but if you aren't going to give me a better display, you know, the thing you're going to be fucking look at the entire lifetime of the phone, then why should I bother?

Asus has always made shit phones, just because they copy hardware doesn't change much. Xiaomi's has a better chance of competing.

>I plan on paying off the phone day 1, does that mean it would immediately be unlocked?
we'll need to wait and see.
androidauthority.com/t-mobile-oneplus-6t-bootloader-unlock-922051/

Ahhh guess i'll just buy from oneplus and not risk it. Shipping can't take that long, right?

Attached: 1543698319515.png (657x527, 29K)

Pixel 2

live in the woods and invest until you can afford a OP7 Pro, the smartphone perfected

does anyone have video of this?
Functionally it is probably good enough for me, but it is probably ugly and battery draining.

Does Samsung still do weird shit if you root? like downgrade the camera app or whatever? likewise does OP? do anything? I assume no, but its hard to tell because all I know about their devices comes from shills.

Should I get a mi 9 or wait for the K20?

>Does Samsung still do weird shit if you root?
yes, warranty gets voided, Knox apps, S-health, Samsung Pay stop working, camera doesn't work properly on custom ROMs

>likewise does OP? do anything?
no, you even get to keep your warranty

>so I asked you how it benefits normal use.
Not the guy you asked, but I'll answer since he either left of doesn't want to.
Faster storage is noticeable when handling large files. For UI navigation and small, everyday things with UFS 2.1 everything loads practically instantly anyway, so the difference in speed and smoothness between phones comes down to other hardware components and software.
Now going back to scenarios where UFS 3.0 would make a difference, handling large files and I can only see three situations where that is needed. First is video handling, faster storage allows for recording 4k and 8k in higher bitrates and at the same time, opens such videos/movies faster. The second are games, everything should load faster from the app itself to the content. The third situation is image and video editing, going back to importing and exporting large files. However most people won't use a phone for actual work of that kind and those that do will go for Galaxy notes, because of the stylus functionality.
As you can see, only in the first case it can make a significant difference, but it has to be supported by the rest of the hardware as well.

>yes, warranty gets voided
not really, only if they know.
> camera doesn't work properly on custom ROMs
but still works fine on stock rom with root? I remember reading somewhere that the camera fucked up a bit on the S8. But that may have been the Z5? all the phones I have used are a blur. Might have been samsung pay is why I didnt do it on the s8, and camera on the Sony.
>no, you even get to keep your warranty
So I can buy an OP7 Pro, root it, and have literally 0 performance hit, feature loss, camera gimp, etc?

>+ unlocking speed has increased with updates

it's still slow as shit with their gay ass puddle animation, atleast you can turn that shit off on the op7

Reminder that if you're okay with:

>less that 5000mAh battery
>front cameras
>notch/holepunch
>non-removable battery
>no headphone jack
>curved screen
>rounded corners
>no wireless charging
>back fingerprint reader
>no sd card slot
>apple

You should immediately and unironically end it all.

Attached: reminder.jpg (285x177, 7K)

>Because even if you manage to connect all the required peripherals, the CPU isn't really strong enough.

twitter.com/NTAuthority/status/1115339802503786496?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1115339802503786496&ref_url=https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-10-arm-oneplus-6t/

ahem

>not really, only if they know.
they will know, there's a hardware e-fuse that gets triggered when you unlock the bootloader. There's no way to reset it after it's been triggered.
support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013562087-What-is-a-Knox-Warranty-Bit-and-how-is-it-triggered-

neat. I still don't care, but that is pretty jewish of them.

no expandable storage
shitty battery - worst among flagships
no wireless charging in 2k19
no water resistance
no 3.5 jack
90hz literally useless
shittiest cameras among all flagships
shittiest face unlock
shitty optical fingerprint scanner
despite everybody jerking off at its screen, galaxies still have better screens
no always-on display - such a disappointment in this year

So, why is it shilled so much? The only things it has over s10+ is 90hz screen and some autists' inability to live with a camera hole.

We've moved on from the Asus to the Samsung now?

You forgot to add: Gorilla glass 5 when OP6T came with 6

Ok, second try
>budget:100 dollars
>country: Colombia
>carrier: tigo

I Just need someting with good batery life and comunity support

Attached: 2814eren3.png (290x449, 275K)

>less that 5000mAh battery
Well, at least 4000 mAh is fine, I'm not sure where you'll find 5000 in abundance.
>front cameras
Not much you can do, there are no abundance of slider phones or phones with motorized cameras.
>rounded corners
Can be tweaked with software. Not sure if you can get the edges completely straight, but you can make the curvature minimal.
>no wireless charging
Oh yeah, this unfinished piece of gimmick again... Why? Do you just need your batteries to degrade faster, not charge as fast as with wired charging and having that retarded pad?
>back fingerprint reader
What's the problem? It's faster than in display fingerprint scanners and if something was to happen to those, you would most likely have to change the whole screen.

What's the point of comparing it to asus? Asus is not out yet and will probably be shit, since it is asus.
thank you

Why are autists here so fascinated with chinkphones and why do they hate samshits so much?

>What's the problem?
inability to unlock the phone while it's on the table is the problem. Fingerprints on the back is a shitty design

>but still works fine on stock rom with root? I remember reading somewhere that the camera fucked up a bit on the S8. But that may have been the Z5?
Yeah, that's Sony phones you're thinking of. I'm not sure if the same happens on Samsung phones on the stock ROM, I don't think so.

>So I can buy an OP7 Pro, root it, and have literally 0 performance hit, feature loss, camera gimp, etc?
yes, that's right.

neat. Thanks.

>expandable storage
you have >128 GB of shit? hoarder
>wireless charging
zoomer retard detected. 50% battery in 25 min > meme wireless charging [pad plugged into wall]
>water resistance
I'll give you that, but other phones still do not offer warranties for water damage so in practice there's no difference between "claiming water resistance" and "IP certification"
>shittiest camera
google camera will improve, also literally gud enough
>shitty face unlock
what autist uses face unlock when there's a fingerprint scanner wtf
>galaxies still have better screens
how's that permanent hole punch/pill Kim Wu?

buy $100 of Cocaine, smuggle it to Miami, and then sell it to afford a better phone.

also
>shit battery
just toggle off the 90 Hz? can you toggle off your hole punch/pill?

>oneplus shills irrevocably NECK THEMSELVES
gsmarena.com/redmi_k20_antutu_score_revealed_dusts_off_competition_by_a_lot-news-37062.php

>Redmi’s upcoming “flagship killer” K20 was officially confirmed by the brand’s General Manager Lu Weibing. Its main feature will be the Snapdragon 855 chipset which will be a first for a Redmi device. Today Weibing went on to give out more details and posted a screenshot of the device’s AnTuTu score with the phone living up to its “Demon King” nickname scoring 458,754 points.
>The current high score on the benchmark is held by the Xiaomi Mi 9 with its 371,423 mark. Seeing such a disparity between the two phones means that the K20 could probably come with the new UFS 3.0 storage and superior cooling technology.

ONEPLUS OFFICIALLY BLOWN ENTIRELY THE FUCK OUT FOREVER AND ALWAYS.

The phone isnt released yet so pushing it hard before non shill reviews are out should maximize it's day one purchases. Short window of relevance. Sales go down after first week. People are dumb and buy on release.

Gorilla glass 5/6 is marketing placebo. There are no comparison tests that show any real difference.

REMEMBER NO PRE-ORDERS (wait for non shill reviews)

>why do they hate samshits so much?
Rooting for the underdog.

Glad you agree that oneplus lacks shittone of features that even none flagships have today.

Does this shill understand how stupid he sounds everytime he posts this?

>REMEMBER NO PRE-ORDERS (wait for non shill reviews)
But I really need a new fucking phone and can not wait that god damn long for this thing.

>50% battery in 25 min > meme wireless charging [pad plugged into wall]
Why not have both? Why do you hate having options with a burning passion?

Isn't the chairman of Antutu also the founder of Xiaomi? I think I'll wait, desu

So what is up with every reviewer saying the Oneplus 7 pro Camera sucks complete shit, but DXO saying it is god tier? they said they had a not yet released update. But does anyone else have it yet?

>Rooting for the underdog.
literally rooting for human hating insects that treat their own countrymen like a resource and dream of creating total surveillance system with goodboy points to get rid of any wrongthink

DXO are paid shills. Literally 0 non-paid shills have said anything positive about the Oneshit 7 Pro

>But does anyone else have it yet?
Not yet
>Please note: The camera firmware used for the DxOMark tests is not yet currently available to consumers. OnePlus will make it available as an over-the-air update before the end of the month.

>both
which phone charges that fast (or wirelessly)?

Gee, I don't know... If everyone says it's shit and one commercial organization that influences consumer decision claims otherwise, who should we trust???

Attached: 1553962214644.jpg (1199x73, 20K)

There are probably paid shills in these threads. But I do not think DXOmark is paid shills.
the camera experts?
well, the phone wasn't out. I was wondering if any other independent org/person had access to it. Like a reviewer got it and tried it. Just want to verify DXOs findings with a secondary source. And figuire out why a single patch creates so much discrepancy.

Hey, if they make nice phones, I'll take it bro. No need to agree with their ideal. I see no reason to take an S10e over the 7 Pro, at least where I live

I am aware of that user. Did you not read my post before you replied to it?

>But I do not think DXOmark is paid shills.
they're objectively paid shills dumbass.

>stablished in 2008, DxOMark is an independent benchmark that scientifically assesses image quality of smartphones, lenses and cameras.

The result of a rigorous scientific protocol using industry-grade lab tools, the DxOMark score sums up our assessment of a devices’ photo and video quality. The higher the score, the better the image quality.
Objectively paid shills would imply OPO pays them to pretend to be random people and lie about their cameras as part of a scam or grift.

this

Eh, mobile benchmarks are flawed by design, but apparently the K20 or whatever they're actually naming it doesn't exclude a micro SD card slot, 3.5mm headphone jack and an IR blaster. We'll see tomorrow.

>An extra $50 for for an additional 4GB of ram seems reasonable, no?
until you realize you will never use that extra 4GB ram

>they said so that means it's true

>until you realize you will never use that extra 4GB ram
Bruh, mind telling me a future lottery numbers as well?

sry lad