First 5G Modem for iPhone Won’t Be Ready Until 2025

>First 5G Modem for iPhone Won’t Be Ready Until 2025
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1554735604931.png (899x915, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

appleinsider.com/articles/19/05/15/apples-johny-srouji-was-fed-up-with-slow-intel-modem-development-long-before-split
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>iToddlers could only die from a radiation in 2025
such a shame

iToddlers are used to not having useful features. Just look at the headphone and notch fiasco.

Attached: 1556309905314.jpg (1277x1442, 228K)

based

>imblying Apple still exists in 2025
Invest your money wisely, guys.

You don't need 5G. Full speed 4G is more than fast enough as it is.
Why would you *ever* need 100+ mbps speeds on a portable device, go fuck yourself.

I keep seeing this anime chick here who TF is she???

Gabu

>itoddlers are still NOTCHED in 2025

Attached: 1556570606325.gif (244x248, 113K)

>Why would you *ever* need 100+ mbps speeds on a portable device, go fuck yourself.

Maybe because websites are rich in multimedia and are tens of megabytes in size making slow LTE speeds like fucking dialup.

Smart move from apple. They actually let the market mature and see if it's worth investing in it or not, then when the time comes to implement their 5G phone it would blow every single other phone out of the water.

No, I don't believe you for a microsecond. You can stream 4K 60fps with 100mbps, so you can load 50 news article tabs simultaneously. 5G is a fucking meme so companies can launder money again and again.

Cope

retarded tripfag

If they put in 5G modems now they'd be too expensive. No one's buying their phones already because they're 1k.

I don't think you even know what the word is supposed to mean.

Maybe by then 5G won’t be garbage.

Problem is that bandwidth is shared across base starion users, so in crowded area speed is shitty

I guess they'll just have to buy Samsung modems until then.

>we need a futuristic looking iPhone render
>i know, lets make one that looks exactly like a Galaxy Fold!
>perfect!

If nothing else the total bandwidth of the tower increases.
If you're getting max speeds on 4G you live in an unpopulated area. In populated zones having 5G available will mean more people get higher speeds than they normally would on 4G, which is likely to be in the 20~30Mbps region instead.

first iphone wasn't even 3g ready when 3g had been a thing for years, couldn't even send picture messages when it had been a thing for YEARS.

PEOPLE STILL BOUGHT IT.

also.. quit it with the oh no meme, its beyond cringe

Why do you even want 5G soon? I remember when the first 4G phones came out and it used 3% of your battery a minute.

Tech companies rushing ahead before legislation and science can catch up, data is just coming in about RF exposure from 4+3G and its not looking good, 5G is cranking it up with their short range high power towers, why don't you cut out the middle man and just stick your head in a microwave.

honestly, i don't even think we'll get a usable 5g network here in Canada until 2025.

That's what they get for suing Qualcomm.

>amerimutts lose the 5G race
>threads get filled with their damage control and FUD every time 5G is mentioned
lmao

>They actually let the market mature
haha in the literal sense, smart move, keep your customer alive while competition, android users will be dying off of cancer

what is she thinking about?

What she thinks about every night, BTFOing iToddlers.

imagine the smell

Go to a concert or sporting event some day. 4G slows to a crawl very quickly.

Timeline makes sense for Apple.

Apple wants people to experience the kinks of the 5G rollout on OTHER companies phones.

Then, when the network is more established, they swoop in.

My iPhone XS with “5Ge” from ATT already goes faster than any of my use cases by a considerable margin.

>lagPhone

2025?
lmao

>muh cancer
If that's a real risk, we're already exposed to more than enough radiation to fuck us up several times over.

>"N-No, you see it's only at the FIVE-GEE spectrum..."
lmao

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1529545202631.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Absolutely pathetic. Basically the same cuck shills who argued AirPower was Apple's way of waiting for wireless charging tech to mature before releasing a superior product. Turned out they had no product and had been bullshitting their cud-chewing masses.

Attached: AP.jpg (1064x1010, 177K)

People talk about 4g in populated areas being slow, but this is essentially your ISP not provisioning enough infrastructure.

Not sure if that's the case in burgerland, but I've never had that happen nor on holiday

Apple’s air power charging pad prototypes didn’t work to their expectation and couldn’t find ways around the issues they had in the time frame they set.

Samsung on the other hand decides to release the galaxy fold.

>decides to release the galaxy fold.
but they didn't

Attached: 1516721615400.gif (250x250, 32K)

they're using qualcomm modems

Part of the settlement/agreement to settle the lawsuit

>didn’t work to their expectation

But butterfly keys did work as expected, right? Why else would they keep releasing macbooks with them despite the constant failure rates and breakdowns.

>tiny % failing
>failure is from literally dirt people getting into keyboard
>apple has repair program
>journalists keep writing about it for page views when no new data is there

Why is 5g so special? Haven't 5ghz wifi routers been around for a while now? ac?

To the general public? No.
To the press? The very people with broad reach and were supposed to hype up the phone and prime the public for its full release? Yes.

Samsung either has shitty quality control, or was very stupid to release a critically flawed device to anyone.

Why would you be on your phone at such an event? Fucking millenials i swear to god. If you are going to waste your money to see a performance then actually watch it

wtf would you even do with 100mbps+ on a non-jailbroken iphone.

>all this literal damage control

>all devices should be treated the same

If consumers treated smartphones the way they used to treat dumbphones, those would also have to be cancelled.

5G is still in its infancy

Companies are just trying to push it out to start making money ASAP

>Why is 5g so special? Haven't 5ghz wifi routers been around for a while now? ac?
modern Jow Forums folks

Attached: cat.png (562x578, 633K)

It’s just an extreme example dumb fuck. The fact remains 4G can’t handle current data demands.

This is what happens when you ditch Intel and Qualcomm.

Download new jailbreak exploits whenever an exploit undoes it.

Based Apple keeping their users safe.

>double the screen real estate
>still has shitty notch
FFS

based

>Android users die off from 5G cancer

rip third world countries

Attached: 1556830110745.jpg (640x800, 99K)

based

iTODDLERS: BTFO YET AGAIN FOR ETERNITY!

Attached: 1540308323967.jpg (870x668, 276K)

holy fuck you're retarded.

> i can't read
apple's own 5g modem won't be ready until 2025, they'll be using qualcomm's tech from 2020 onward.
appleinsider.com/articles/19/05/15/apples-johny-srouji-was-fed-up-with-slow-intel-modem-development-long-before-split

>rip third world countries
that's bad news for america then.

Apple could literally shutter all stores for a few decades and still have enough money to rehire all the best engineers and designers and reopen in 2040-2050.

They have 285 billion fucking dollars in CASH.

vampire gabu > angel gabu

>tens of megabytes
KEK
you living in the 90's, BOI?

bass

5g is an absolute joke, 6g will be a thing once starlink launches.

>American foreign affairs tried to bully all their allies into not adopting 5G developed by "our mutual enemies"
>Now this pops up
I'm seeing a connection here

Apple won't have their own 5g modem until 2025.

They'll be using Qualcomm's 5g modems. Not this year, but in 2020. So 2020-2024 will be Qualcomm modems in iPhones. This is nothing abnormal, Apple uses Samsung screens in their current devices. It will drive up the cost of iPhones even further but they've already demonstrated that they give exactly 0 fucks about that, they have a legion of retards who will buy whatever trash Apple can manage to cobble together in a pretty case.

In Canada we get so fucked by telcoms. I pay $50 Canadian Pesos for 2GB of data. I could not give a shit how fast it is because I can't do anything that requires heavy data anyway